The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klts3

Actually in February Namco Bandai send a schedule of games that will be released in 2014 and TxSF is on it. So yeah, this year E3 will be something big!

Argentus

imma keep on a DOAxKoF at any rate. I see it working, and I like the idea a lot more than DOAxVF, which, to be frank, the vf guest fighters in 5 put ne off of the idea for now, as they didn't really work. the vf characters go against the DOA system, which makes the fights too awkward. Plus I feel the KoF cast is a more dynamic fit for DOA than the vf cast. aas for SF(and marvel), capcom should realize 3d models look terrible doing jerky 2d sprite movements. if its a 2d game, stick to 2d sprites.

Number 13

Closest thing to DoAxKoF was Queens Gate where different iconic video game/anime females got thrown in, but that wasn't even a fighting game. Waifu simulator with some monster battles.

DoA is a pretty hard title to base a crossover on for a fighter game, but the closest one to feasibly do that without removing core mechanics would be VF for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I wonder how the other SF characters would look like in TK graphics

tekken-x-ryu.jpg
tekken-x-ryu2.jpg
ryu-chun-li.jpg

Ghosty-J

Actually in February Namco Bandai send a schedule of games that will be released in 2014 and TxSF is on it. So yeah, this year E3 will be something big!
I need to see a link to believe that since Namco has been extremely hush-hush about details on TxSF for a very long time.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

There are quite alot of SF characters I really want in TKxSF (Ibuki,Elena,Karin,Ingrid,Alex, and Remy) so hopefully they are in

As for the TK side, while I love many characters to be in it, Lili and Leo are my only must haves for it. There is no way Lili isn't gonna be in TKxSF so I just gotta hope for Leo to make the cut

Argentus

How do you figure? DOA is literally based on VF's system. Explain to me exactly how the VF characters go against DOA.
vf movements are more jerky, not as fluid as DOA movements. not like tekken clunky, but enough to notice compared to DOA. its why I find the vf charaters jarring in DOA, and what I see as part of the main cause of Sarah shenanigans. w hile DOAs attack in arcs, vfs move in straight lines, which on paper doesn't sound like much, but in practice is a huge difference. maybe its just the specific vfs they chose as guests though...

dramic91

DOA and KOF? No way. I mean, I never really played much KOF, but it
vf movements are more jerky, not as fluid as DOA movements. not like tekken clunky, but enough to notice compared to DOA. its why I find the vf charaters jarring in DOA, and what I see as part of the main cause of Sarah shenanigans. w hile DOAs attack in arcs, vfs move in straight lines, which on paper doesn't sound like much, but in practice is a huge difference. maybe its just the specific vfs they chose as guests though...
I don't think speed and grace of movements is enough to claim it goes against the system. It would fit far better than any other fighting game, especially since, as was pointed out, DOA is based on and derived from VFs system.

Argentus

DOA and KOF? No way. I mean, I never really played much KOF, but it

I don't think speed and grace of movements is enough to claim it goes against the system. It would fit far better than any other fighting game, especially since, as was pointed out, DOA is based on and derived from VFs system.
Mmmm..I dunno. I mean, I understand that, but I don't think vf is dynamic enough to pair well with DOA. llike KOF may be harder to integrate mechanically, but in the end I feel it would be a better result than doaxvf. vvf is just far too bland, both aesthetically and mechanically, next to DOA. when I have my comp again, I'm gonna do mock animations of how I imagine a DOAxKoF would work. for now all I can do is plan it out, unfortunately.

Marteze

i honestly still don't understand Marie Roses's fighting style/?? What exactly is it? She's so little and has these dainty hands it's hard to tell what she's doing. I like how DOA's fighting style's are so varied and stylistic and visually appealing, that's one of the reasons I love the game... so it's a bit frustrating trying to understand Marie's fighting style. I guess I just wanted to post this here, don't know why. Her holds are wassup tho honestly... I'm slowly warming up to it

David Gregg

i honestly still don't understand Marie Roses's fighting style/?? What exactly is it? She's so little and has these dainty hands it's hard to tell what she's doing. I like how DOA's fighting style's are so varied and stylistic and visually appealing, that's one of the reasons I love the game... so it's a bit frustrating trying to understand Marie's fighting style. I guess I just wanted to post this here, don't know why. Her holds are wassup tho honestly... I'm slowly warming up to it

It's very stylized and acrobatic like Lili from Tekken:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD