The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

I'm still pretty sure they've got better things to do than say "fuck you" to the people that give them their money. If anything, I'd see it as a teaser.

Oh well, the internet.

IDK about that lol f Tengu was really coming I think they could've used a silhoutte of his updated model or something. Moreover, why deflate the announcement's impact with a joke? They could've 'announced' any number of characters that would've actually been funny.

David Gregg

@Darkton93 imagine if you told your wife and kids that you were taking them on a vacation the following week (and for whatever reason none of them were aware that it was April 1). They were excited and then you say "APRIL FOOLS!!! LOLZ?!?!". You never meant to be "malicious" and it was only supposed to be a joke b/c you were just "trolling". Who thought it was funny? Probably not your family. A good troll is someone who can execute it where no one gets hurt in the end and can laugh it off. So whether or not TN meant to hurt anyone, there are clearly people who took offense to this, myself included if Tengu is not added. :/

Last edited:

Xernuht

I'm thinking it's going to be a bait-and-switch. Get the fans riled up over this, release Phase-4 and announce Irene/someone else, then sneak a Tengu preview into the end of the video. Release Irene/someone else, announce Tengu and the pricing on the DLC-character set.

I honestly believe Irene's going to be added. She has assets to re-use, just like everyone else in 5U short of Marie.

Ivan Osorio

Let's not pretend developers don't laugh at the expense of their fans while we are at it. Capcom is a fucking obvious example. Once upon a time, last year, I read an article that was basically an exposition on how Capcom managed to elevate trolling to an art form by doing an Annual Reports featuring Megaman on its cover, of all things, and the tag line "Powering your feelings!". The Megaman image was a mosaic with the faces of fans of the franchise... We recently got stuff like the new Dante contemplating his white wig hair and going "not in a million years", or Dracula saying the infamous "what is a man..." line for NO GOD DAMN reason in the latest Lords of Shadow (which some might call homage but I call a complete lack of understanding of the game you are making).

As someone who has no stake in this Tengu business, even I found this incredibly daft. It's not like it is the first time they have flat out laughed in the face of the Tengu fanbase. "DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT TENGU"? Seriously? I find it very hard to buy, and, to me, it feels more like an insult than an announcement and a "hey, keep your hopes up. We are listening!"
...Someone asked how important Tengu is to the eastern players and I think that is a really important consideration. TN thought process seems to be about 98% geared to pandering their Japanese audience.

PS: I imagine the sentence "my deception rules all of creation" is sort of a tag line for him, but I can't help but wonder how incredibly APT it is for this troll. Such an evasive line.

ALSO: Yeah... #Deception.

Last edited:

synce

Probably april fools but found this on a certain board

uKJ6xCk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD