Tengu Players Unite !

synce

Thanks here's another little doodle (things were really slow today lol)

tengumila.jpg

Bwahaha

And another (floaty win pose)

tenguwin.jpg

Ah, teamwork.

tengutag2.jpg

Alternate win pose ("buddy" Tengu and stupid anime pose Alpha)

tengubuddy.jpg

Alpha hurling Tengu for MASSIVE DAMAGE, and too-cool-for-school intro pose

tengutoss2-1.jpg

PJudge

Synce, those are amazing. I would kill to see Tengu do a thumbs up at the camera when he wins. If Alpha and Tengu weren't a team, it would almost be criminal.

synce

IKR lol It just occured to me both were in DOAD, but I doubt they gave them anything... Anyway here's my last sketch, inspired by the new beach screenshots... I'm in the middle of a move right now but once that's done I hope to do some full fledged fan art for the pair

alphavolley.jpg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ein? "I refute your existence!"

Tengu needs to come back. I love Ein and Leon as well, but why are people not mentioning Tengu? Is it because he has a completely unique style?

Oh, I know the reason -- it's the nose. Tengu is ugly so people don't care about him, or didn't have the patience to fight him just because he's marked as a boss character. DOA needs its ugly duckling back.

If he does come back, he should have a costume with no nose, and Genfu should have a new costume with it attached to his belt.

But yeah, I'm here to represent the Dive Bomb God.

Kronin

I love your sketches synce, I hope that you will post more of them in future :)

And returning to the thread, I love Tengu Bankotsu-Bo, I would love his return to the game together with Ein and Leon...

PJudge

Ein? "I refute your existence!"

Tengu needs to come back. I love Ein and Leon as well, but why are people not mentioning Tengu? Is it because he has a completely unique style?

Oh, I know the reason -- it's the nose. Tengu is ugly so people don't care about him, or didn't have the patience to fight him just because he's marked as a boss character. DOA needs its ugly duckling back.

If he does come back, he should have a costume with no nose, and Genfu should have a new costume with it attached to his belt.

But yeah, I'm here to represent the Dive Bomb God.
The whole stigma of "he's a boss character! he's a boss character! you shouldn't use him because he's cheap and a boss character!" is stupid anyway.

Zeo

The whole stigma of "he's a boss character! he's a boss character! you shouldn't use him because he's cheap and a boss character!" is stupid anyway.
To be cheap would have to imply that you were good to begin with.

PJudge

To be cheap would have to imply that you were good to begin with.
I don't think I ran into many people that even knew how to fight Tengu on DOA4. I didn't have any issues when I started using him. I never could understand all this "he's bottom tier" stuff.

Zeo

I don't think I ran into many people that even knew how to fight Tengu on DOA4. I didn't have any issues when I started using him. I never could understand all this "he's bottom tier" stuff.
I only ran into like 3 Tengu players in the entirety of my time playing DOA4 both in 09 and 12 when I came back. And of those 3 only NOD Subway gave me any real trouble, and 50% of that was his horrible connection. I think lopedo beat be once with Tengu too.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

He was pretty shitastic, but the general online playerbase's inexperience with fighting Tengu made it much easier to win with him than it would have been if he was seen on a regular basis.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
When they bring back Tengu every fight against him should make you feel like you are recovering from an LSD overdose.
Not the best example but those of you who played know what I mean.

synce

tengu.jpg

Yes that was epic... And bring back the clanking footsteps. That was the worst nerf in DOA4.

Also it'd be awesome if DOA6 Tengu could make it rain. Instant slippery surface on any outdoor level. I know that would really annoy some people :D

Zeo

Tweaking the entire game to accommodate a single character. Doubtful. He got special treatment in 2 because he was the boss and it was a single stage he could do that on, his stage.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Tweaking the entire game to accommodate a single character. Doubtful. He got special treatment in 2 because he was the boss and it was a single stage he could do that on, his stage.

It's not actually as hard as you might think, provided we are talking about outdoor levels specifically.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
There are alot of people voicing there opinion here, but we need to take this ISH to twitter and other places !! The more they see the name Tengu the more likely we are to get him back !! I see alot of support for EIN and LEON but not near enough for Tengu..... :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD