Tengu Players Unite !

synce

If I could bring him back probably all I'd do is buff is grabs. Something like CH H+K, T should do at least 80dmg. I'd like an Alpha-type 20i grab that does 100dmg on NH and make his flying grab a non-tracking OH with a tracking mid mixup. It'd be awesome if he had a new stance too since that's all the rage these days...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
"Obviously." Would you mind clarifying? The game seems just as bad then as the final. The only differences I know off-hand are Bass's pick-up not being guaranteed after 6KP any more and other throws not having their having their just-frame guaranteed timing anymore. Instead of being a jackass, would you be so kind as to indulge the rest of us?

lopedo

This website has everything you need to know scattered in many pages everywhere. I'm not a nice person. I'm not going to take you through a museum and point at the sculptures. Figure it out or assume that I'm lying/crazy/trolling/whatever.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm like 300% for Leon's return in DOA, but I'm like 40% for both Tengu and Ein.
Imho, they should split the rest of their moveset (those epic moves) and offer it to new/old characters (especially Hitomi and Hayate for Ein).

They should make a new female tengu with boobs and ballet fighting skills, lolz.
(especially Tengu's 214K.K :oops: )

synce

Female tengu would be cool as long as she wore a mask to hide her hideousness lol A mix between our Tengu and Tekken's Kunimitsu, I'd be so all over that you don't even know.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm like 300% for Leon's return in DOA, but I'm like 40% for both Tengu and Ein.
Imho, they should split the rest of their moveset (those epic moves) and offer it to new/old characters (especially Hitomi and Hayate for Ein).

They should make a new female tengu with boobs and ballet fighting skills, lolz.
(especially Tengu's 214K.K :oops: )
Female tengu would be cool as long as she wore a mask to hide her hideousness lol A mix between our Tengu and Tekken's Kunimitsu, I'd be so all over that you don't even know.

... I'd rather just get good ol' Bankotsubo back. Also, I think you mean 236K2K, Kwon.

Keved

Bring back the bearded, Pinocchio-conked fairy man in stilettos. Do it for the fans, do it for Forlorn Penguin.

That was before it came out you idiotic cunt basket.

black-guys-laughing.gif

Zeo

Anyone who says we should get Leon back but not Ein because we already have Hitomi/Hayate is playing the favorites/double standard card because Bayman is just as much Leon as Hitomi/Hayate is Ein.

Anyone who says we should get Leon back but not Ein because Leon is an actual character and Ein is actually in the game as "Hayate" has a casual mindset because this is a fighting game and nobody gives a crap about the story after the first month.

Coming from a supporter of both chars, Ein has just as much right to be in the game as Leon. As a press start on Hayate fine sure no problem, as long as he and his style is in the game. But if you're biased and want Leon more just say that, don't give bull reasons that you try to make sound legit as to why we need him but not Ein. If we're playing that card, here's a legit reason why Ein deserves to be in this game more than Leon. He was a more popular character and people actually used him in tournaments, where fighting games shine.

I personally want to see Ein more than Leon and if I had the choice I'd choose Ein because he was my main and favorite character. But I'm not going to try to give some excuse to say we need him more or that he deserves to be in more. This isn't directed at any one person but every Leon supporter that takes this approach to him and Ein being in DOA5. One deserves it just as much as the other.

DontForkWitMe

I agree both deserve a slot along with tengu but in the event TN doesn't have the time to add in all 3 and had to pick one then bias aside; Leon should take priority over the other two.Hes the only one of the cut characters who exists in the canon storyline with tengu officially being killed and and ein regaining his memories and becoming hayate while Leon was just completely forgotten and written out of the storyline without any explanation whatsover. in a perfect world all 3 would be dlc but i'll be honest and say it'd be a far bigger crime overall if two non-canon existent characters make it in over Leon than the other way around.

if the reverse happened and leon regained his lost memories and transformed from a raging badass sambo user to a raging bad ass ballerina dancer fighter named hubert and still retained his look and personality while ein was his own unique individual character who was just unfairly written out the series without any explanation i'd say ein should have priority over leon

Zeo

But he did have closure. The point of Leon going to the DOA tournaments was to prove to his dead wife that he was the strongest man in the world. You can pretty safely assume that in DOA3 (even evidenced by the ending) that he found peace with his wife and content with his strength. Once he found closure, he had no reason to continue going to DOA tourneys. He was essentially written out of the story. Not the most concrete or smooth way to cut someone, but it's better than what a lot of other characters get.

On the other hand being an "actual" character doesn't hold much weight as again this is a fighting game and Ein would be the better choice as he was played much more competitively. And considering this is a game that is trying to be taken seriously as a competitive fighter, I can assure you there are many more people both high level and casual players (and I can name a few), that played Ein over Leon. Again, in a fighting game story plays 2nd fiddle to gameplay. On the other hand if Leon wasn't fairly similar to another character (Bayman) like Ein is to Hitomi/Hayate, and had a 100+1% unique moveset like Tengu, along with having the popularity that either he or Ein have, then I would say that would merit him being in over the other two.

My point stands, and I'm not being biased either.

synce

I wouldn't worry about trying to convince anyone one way or the other, in the strategy guide Shinbori himself said he'd like to bring back all 3 for "the next game"

...But he'll bring back Tengu the hardest.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I wouldn't worry about trying to convince anyone one way or the other, in the strategy guide Shinbori himself said he'd like to bring back all 3 for "the next game"

...But he'll bring back Tengu the hardest.

Really? I don't remember seeing that.

synce

Yeah at the end there's an interview. Shinbori's excuse was lack of time. IIRC though Hayasahi gave another excuse. If I was a betting man I'd wager you'll see the full cast return on the Wii U. :confused:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yeah at the end there's an interview. Shinbori's excuse was lack of time. IIRC though Hayasahi gave another excuse.

Huh. I'll have to remember to read that sometime.

Yeah, Hayashi said "does anyone even like Tengu?" or something like that and I think he said something about Leon's and Ein's stories being over.

If I was a betting man I'd wager you'll see the full cast return on the Wii U. :confused:

Very possible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD