Tekken

Black Dragon

We now know how Guile's new design is very likely going to look. I put it in spoilers since it's from a screen capture of the character mode:

wvUFS81.jpg

Pretty badass new look! :D

Edit:
Lol, wrong thread! XD
Guile goes with everything.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor

Made a short summary on SRK for those who are curious about the Rage Attacks:
Just a personal summary of the video for those who are curious. Shout outs to Markman, AvoidingthePuddle, and FlyingWonkey.
* The player expends Rage in order to conduct a Rage Art or to perform a Rage Attack. Rage concept from Tekken 6 (or TTT1 Netsu system if you want to be technical) is becoming quite a bit more innovative as of Tekken 7. Players are give some offensive options after losing a certain amount of Health.
* Rage Arts themselves are essentially universal "Ranbu"-type super moves in which characters will perform after receiving rage from taking too much damage and having very little health left over. We got this point already. Some of them have unique secondary properties to them (Paul Phoenix being able to cancel his Rage Art, some Rage Art's being safe highs, unsafe mids... except for Hwoarang's, some Rage Art require a stance, some Rage Arts may start from a low, some characters such as Yoshimitsu may have more than one method of conducting a Rage Art, and many other minor details.
* Rage Attack appears to have a bit more utility. Like Rage Arts, you press a certain notation... but in some cases, you may have to input more than one notation as some Rage Assaults can function as actual strings. Rage Attack will expend the rage the character gains in the match.
The Tekken player may use it as a combo starter, a combo extender, a mix-up attempt, or even a set-up. Some of Rage Attack's could trigger unique animations during the move that often end up leaving you with the advantage in the match situation. A Rage Attack may spike the opponent to the ground where almost any thing else the player does is a guaranteed hit. That might be ideal for people who want to go for that unscaled damage. A Rage Attack cause yet another S! effect... that is to say, it has a Screw Attack property in which you can use after performing a Screw Attack. You're using two Screw Attacks in a combo in manner of speaking. Hell, some Rage Attacks may have built in dash properties, like Claudio's for example! Or, even a crouch dash. Another thing to note about some Rage Attack is that they also indirectly help many characters who have issues with conducting Wall Splats. Wall Splats from Rage Attack seem to guarantee damage, even if the character is at least a full screen distance away from the wall (the wall should still present on the screen, however). Even if the opponent manages to block some Rage Attacks, they may produce frame advantage or a degree of safety on block. The user may end up trying something else to put the opponent in danger. It may even cause other secondary effects, such as Kazuya using it to perform his TGF whilst transforming into his Devil Form.
Many of these elements are character-specific and players are heavily encouraged to take full advantage of the combo system to win.

Nothing follows.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Made a short summary on SRK for those who are curious about the Rage Attacks:
Just a personal summary of the video for those who are curious. Shout outs to Markman, AvoidingthePuddle, and FlyingWonkey.
* The player expends Rage in order to conduct a Rage Art or to perform a Rage Attack. Rage concept from Tekken 6 (or TTT1 Netsu system if you want to be technical) is becoming quite a bit more innovative as of Tekken 7. Players are give some offensive options after losing a certain amount of Health.
* Rage Arts themselves are essentially universal "Ranbu"-type super moves in which characters will perform after receiving rage from taking too much damage and having very little health left over. We got this point already. Some of them have unique secondary properties to them (Paul Phoenix being able to cancel his Rage Art, some Rage Art's being safe highs, unsafe mids... except for Hwoarang's, some Rage Art require a stance, some Rage Arts may start from a low, some characters such as Yoshimitsu may have more than one method of conducting a Rage Art, and many other minor details.
* Rage Attack appears to have a bit more utility. Like Rage Arts, you press a certain notation... but in some cases, you may have to input more than one notation as some Rage Assaults can function as actual strings. Rage Attack will expend the rage the character gains in the match.
The Tekken player may use it as a combo starter, a combo extender, a mix-up attempt, or even a set-up. Some of Rage Attack's could trigger unique animations during the move that often end up leaving you with the advantage in the match situation. A Rage Attack may spike the opponent to the ground where almost any thing else the player does is a guaranteed hit. That might be ideal for people who want to go for that unscaled damage. A Rage Attack cause yet another S! effect... that is to say, it has a Screw Attack property in which you can use after performing a Screw Attack. You're using two Screw Attacks in a combo in manner of speaking. Hell, some Rage Attacks may have built in dash properties, like Claudio's for example! Or, even a crouch dash. Another thing to note about some Rage Attack is that they also indirectly help many characters who have issues with conducting Wall Splats. Wall Splats from Rage Attack seem to guarantee damage, even if the character is at least a full screen distance away from the wall (the wall should still present on the screen, however). Even if the opponent manages to block some Rage Attacks, they may produce frame advantage or a degree of safety on block. The user may end up trying something else to put the opponent in danger. It may even cause other secondary effects, such as Kazuya using it to perform his TGF whilst transforming into his Devil Form.
Many of these elements are character-specific and players are heavily encouraged to take full advantage of the combo system to win.

Nothing follows.
Too...fucking...sick!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Harada is on the stream commentating as well, he also wants to main Akuma. By the way, does anybody find Akuma's shoulder muscle and biceps odd? dear god Harada, if you want to main the guy you would at least make his body tones look good. Akuma is ugly as fuck but he was only ripped and buff on human peak levels, not overly buffed on arms.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cool little detail I just noticed in the stream:
When Akuma jumps or stomps down hard on the ground or is smashed to the ground by the opponent all stones and tiles bounce up in the vicinity. :D

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
King git some massive buffs. He finally has a decent WR 3, a running 3 which acts like a slash kick but has less pushback and EX cd 1+2 spikes for ground throw.

Pretty sure once the game's out I'll be dropping DOA pretty much immediately and jump into Tekken.

Heihachi with uf 3, 4 as a launcher sounds too good. Make axe kicks are neutral or negative on block, but he's looking much better than he used to.

Hopefully, Chloe can get some buffs to make her more interesting.

Akuma looks weird in this game and he'll be eventually fully explored. Some stuff like jump back air hadouken might seem a bit cheap but there seems to be some pretty big holes in his game. The beta test will eventually make it clear weather he's good or not.

Overall, it's looking pretty good for fighting games, for both Tekken and KOF.

Jadeinchains

They both really look great! I wasn't sure how I felt about lili's because from what I've seen its really large when she's wearing it but it looks really nice here. Also there's no way what Xiaos wearing is comfortable but fashion over comfort I guess.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I love lili's new dress, I even like the boots now, they remind me of Amy Sorel's from SC4....and those big frilly sleeves...:oops: Xiaoyu's leggings are tighter than I thought though. Damn!

Jadeinchains

Yeah Lili's and most of the other outfits are growing on me. And Lili's does have a soul calibur vibe to it I really want them too release the next installment.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ling is form fitting for aerodynamics ;) I'm still not sold on Lili's but its better than rehashing her T5 costume again.

I need to see Asuka more in depth I'm really digging the denim shorts not sure about the jacket though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD