Tekken

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Namco realizes they have to be careful with the roster. People are expecting the Tag 2 roster with new characters, but that is just not possible, story wise at least. This is the problem I have when a game's roster gets too big. People expect everyone to come back, but then when they don't, it's an uproar. Trust me, I was the same way when Bridget didn't come back in GGXrd.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I think the reason why people think Katarina will replace lee is because she has a few of his moves, such as his "Acid storm" (F+3,3,3,3,3,4).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
If you're going to give a character a real martial art, then study the movements to make it as realistic as possible. That's why VF is awesome in this regard. The martial arts look realistic while still having that video game flair.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Im gonna be real here, fuck bob

agreed, i used to be neutral till an old "friend" of mine came over and mashed me to death with him. all to the chorus of him complaining when i rarely managed to grab him with Dragonov.seriously imagine one of those annoying people who send hate mail after a match sitting right beside you that annoying little asshole ruined Bob and Eddy for me.

CFW

THIS IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjob5v

FJDwg

Black Dragon

If you're going to give a character a real martial art, then study the movements to make it as realistic as possible. That's why VF is awesome in this regard. The martial arts look realistic while still having that video game flair.
Apart from 5FS, there is NO flair whatsoever in VF.

CFW

The issue with this is that the majority of people who buy these games don't really care about realistic martial arts styles. Only that they look cool. I'm not even sure what you are referring to. A lot of characters in Tekken already use realistic martial arts, but they're also exaggerated to the point that they're made "interesting" and correspond with a character's design/personality.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Most of the fighting styles in Tekken at this point are made up, with a few character using realistic martial arts styles. Nothing wrong with it, it's just getting a bit ridiculous and a lot of the styles just look bland to me.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
That's awesome however a good player should feel comfortable fighting on either side of the screen especially since even if you always start on side X you may end up on the other side mid-round.
I can fight on either side in a 3D fighter, but in a 2D fighter, I always seem to have trouble when I'm switched to the Player 2 side.

CFW

That's awesome however a good player should feel comfortable fighting on either side of the screen especially since even if you always start on side X you may end up on the other side mid-round.

I'm not a good player at all I want this so much.

They could make this optional, but I do think a lot of people find that P2 leaves u at a disadvantage.

David Gregg

I'm not a good player at all I want this so much.

They could make this optional, but I do think a lot of people find that P2 leaves u at a disadvantage.

And I guess if you end up on the other side, so does your opponent. So the playing grounds will be even.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Most of the fighting styles in Tekken at this point are made up, with a few character using realistic martial arts styles. Nothing wrong with it, it's just getting a bit ridiculous and a lot of the styles just look bland to me.

I blame their over reliance on floaty juggles for that one, everyone just kind of ends of ends up looking the same. the animations are different but the affect is still the same launch/juggle/bound or something to that effect. DOA has less options but each character's specialty juggle looks more unique ie. compare Bayman's juggle into ground throws, to Kasumi's teleporting bounds, or Hayate's wind dash/backflips. VF has the same type of Juggle sort of the same parameters where you want to get extenders but so much fighting is done on the ground to show off the styles before one can usually launch.

CFW

So um, I've never owned a PSP... but Tekken 6 has exclusive stages on the psp. :((((((((

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD