Tekken

petopia

I did not know there were any tekken buffs in this community,and here i thought i was public enemy no. 1

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I did not know there were any tekken buffs in this community,and here i thought i was public enemy no. 1
From my experience, if you play one 3D fighter, then you play others. Tekken is sort of the our "sister" fighting game, since it's the only other active 3D fighter regularly seen at tournaments and majors like Evo.

petopia

From my experience, if you play one 3D fighter, then you play others. Tekken is sort of the our "sister" fighting game, since it's the only other active 3D fighter regularly seen at tournaments and majors like Evo.
Interesting i like your optimism. Unlike most people in this community. You follow places like ATP and Levelupyourgame.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Interesting i like your optimism. Unlike most people in this community. You follow places like ATP and Levelupyourgame.
I don't believe I have heard of ATP and Levelupyourgame. If I need any Tekken info, I normally do check out Tekken Zaibatsu.

CFW

Start following Avoiding the Puddle and LUYG if you wanna keep up on Tekken stuff. TZ is alright, but you usually get info from there first.

I personally like LUYG because Rip is really cool and nice for a Law player (*vomits*).
They have tutorial videos for each character in tag 2 (admittedly, some of the later ones are a bit half assed).

Yeah but keep a look out for those sites because those are special gold mines.

David Gregg

I disagree with this although I think that's true with 2D fighters. I refer to Tekken as our "sister fighter" as well but to be both a DOA and a Tekken player is unusual. The games are very different gameplay-wise and seemingly marketed for different audiences.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm definitely going to check out these two sites.

I disagree with this although I think that's true with 2D fighters. I refer to Tekken as our "sister fighter" as well but to be both a DOA and a Tekken player is unusual. The games are very different gameplay-wise and seemingly marketed for different audiences.
I guess it would be more wise to say that VF is DOA's true "sister fighter", because DOA was heavily inspired by VF and even includes VF guest characters. I guess I was speaking more from a general 3D fighting gamer perspective. Playing Tekken sparked my interest to explore other 3D fighters, such as Bushido Blade, Battle Arena Toshiden, Dead or Alive, etc.

petopia

I'm definitely going to check out these two sites.

I guess it would be more wise to say that VF is DOA's true "sister fighter", because DOA was heavily inspired by VF and even includes VF guest characters. I guess I was speaking more from a general 3D fighting gamer perspective. Playing Tekken sparked my interest to explore other 3D fighters, such as Bushido Blade, Battle Arena Toshiden, Dead or Alive, etc.
Trust me on this one with ATP, Aris is one of the most charismatic guys in the tekken community, even being one of the best commentators on both tekken, streetfighter 4, and that one time on a WNF where this community gave shit to both the guys commentary on this game. His best game will always be Soulcalibur 2 though, since he was a world champ in that game.

CFW

IDK what it is but I don't like Aris all that much. I keep hearing about him and somebody named Kayopolice? Like I always see somebody bring that up??????

Didn't he drop Tekken or something? Unless that was someone else idk.

synce

How can anyone not like Aris, he is the coolest amigo in the history of FGC. I associate Kayopolice more with SF although maybe you're thinking of this amazing commentary

Aris was too lucky here (and yeah I know, and yeah I don't care lol)

petopia

IDK what it is but I don't like Aris all that much. I keep hearing about him and somebody named Kayopolice? Like I always see somebody bring that up??????

Didn't he drop Tekken or something? Unless that was someone else idk.
I dont think so since he has weekly streams and a Podcast like every week on Thursdays on 10 pm pacific @twitch/avoidingthepuddle.

petopia

How can anyone not like Aris, he is the coolest amigo in the history of FGC. I associate Kayopolice more with SF although maybe you're thinking of this amazing commentary

YOu do know that Kayopolice is a Tranny right?

CFW

"Tr*nny" is a slur and I don't see how her being a transwoman is anything worth noting.

I dont think so since he has weekly streams and a Podcast like every week on Thursdays on 10 pm pacific @twitch/avoidingthepuddle.

I don't like the characters he uses but interesting promo there.

That Anna player was kinda jarring to watch. The commentating was pretty creepy man

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

I remember this!

CFW

Y'all act so weird around girls it's kinda strange and that video gave me secondhand embarrassment when I watched it.

petopia

This one was way better it features RIP and Aris tag team commentators making it one of the most entertaining matches to watch i loved every minute of it

synce

Yeah petopia I know about Kayo, I mentioned that :p

Anyway has there been any direct feed HD matches uploaded yet for T7? Everything I find is either niconico quality or short promo material

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Yeah petopia I know about Kayo, I mentioned that :p

Anyway has there been any direct feed HD matches uploaded yet for T7? Everything I find is either niconico quality or short promo material
You'll be seeing some gameplay in better quality on February and at EVO in July ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD