Tekken Tag 2 in September?! DOA5 also . . .

Gill Hustle

For me, it changes nothing. I'll DOA5 is still a day one purchase.

I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way, I'm thinking more about hype and exposure. For the most part DOA5 is going to appeal to 3D fighter (Tekken/SolCal) players.

Some may have tried VF5, others DOA5, but why play something "similar" when you can have the "real" thing?

jonosono

Standard Donor
I've dabbled in a lot of fighters (read: casual), but DOA is the first and only fighter (so far) that i've bothered to learn more than just the basics. So DOA, for me, is the "real" thing. LoL. I know a lot of folks would disagree with me, but that's okay.

Allan Paris

I don't plan on touching Tekken at all. I will be picking up DOA5, no doubt.

This may hurt DOA5 a little bit, more people are looking forward to TTT2 than DOA, so. . . . . .

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I haven't been banned yet? That's weird. =/

Personally I wouldn't look at this as too much of a bad thing. Sure, the Tekkenheads and fridge-humpers will have their heyday, but this, if anything, would make the perfect reason to motivate Team Ninja to push the date back to the late holiday release as they originally planned months ago. That in turn gives them plenty MORE time to get the game right to please not only most of the people here, but shock and surprise even the biggest haters in a good way. Granted, you can't please everyone, but in DOA's case given its unfortunate reputation, it's dad-gummed well worth a try.

Raansu

This can either be good or bad. It will be bad if they push the date ahead or if they stick to their timeline. It could be good if they delay the release date and get more time to polish.

jonosono

Standard Donor
Irony in a snapshot: DOA5 is delayed and then lambasted when there's day one dlc and on disk dlc discovered.

If Team Ninja is confident about their work, then they should release it when they are ready. Outside competition be damned.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Irony in a snapshot: DOA5 is delayed and then lambasted when there's day one dlc and on disk dlc discovered.

If Team Ninja is confident about their work, then they should release it when they are ready. Outside competition be damned.
Maybe. But then again, it was that very confidence that got their game playing third fiddle with that very competition in the past... not to mention hella disrespect in the FGC. Perhaps this time, a humble approach is necessary.

ScattereDreams

Honestly, I won't mind TN delaying the game. Getting more input from hardcore players, and a lokest wouldn't hurt. I just find it awkward that TN had a lokest for a handheld but, not a console release? (not to mention testers who went brought back vague ass descriptions).

Whatever TN decides to do, I'll support them. DOA will always be one of my favorite fighters. Though, if anything is getting delayed it might be TTT2. It states TTT2 U is 10% complete (they could just be rushing to get started on TvSF)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Honestly, I won't mind TN delaying the game. Getting more input from hardcore players, and a lokest wouldn't hurt. I just find it awkward that TN had a lokest for a handheld but, not a console release? (not to mention testers who went brought back vague ass descriptions).

Whatever TN decides to do, I'll support them. DOA will always be one of my favorite fighters. Though, if anything is getting delayed it might be TTT2. It states TTT2 U is 10% complete (they could just be rushing to get started on TvSF)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It states TTT2 U is 10% complete (they could just be rushing to get started on TvSF)

TTTU isn't at 10% completion, the port of the game to the consoles is 10%. The system is more or less done due to the TTT2 code, all that's really being added is some new characters, new modes, online play, and console specific requirements. The fighting system is done though generally speaking.

Raansu

Whether the games solid or not doesn't matter though. TTT2 will overshadow DoA5.

synce

After spending some time with T6 I'm confident I won't ever touch TT2. The series is still the same exact shit as it was back in 99 (which I LOOOOOOVED.... back then) and they're just now catching up with DOA's tag combo system. Sales, I don't care about. Britney Spears outsells many superior artists.

x Sypher x

After spending some time with T6 I'm confident I won't ever touch TT2. The series is still the same exact shit as it was back in 99 (which I LOOOOOOVED.... back then) and they're just now catching up with DOA's tag combo system. Sales, I don't care about. Britney Spears outsells many superior artists.

What do you mean?

ScattereDreams

Bound attacks, customization, co-op campaign, rage-mode, item weapons, multi-tiered stages... etc Not sure Tekken 1-5 had that.

Raansu

Still doesn't change the fact that Tekken is vastly more popular then DoA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD