News Team Ninja are working with Square Enix and Sony on the new Dissidia game

SilverForte

This game needs the leading man.

Balthier_-_HD_image.jpg

Soaring Zero

Let us pray it isn't anything similar to MvC3 though.

Lol yeah let's. From the one gameplay trailer they showed they seem to keeping to the same general formula just tweaking it a bit. Now instead of your assist characters only appearing when you call them, they are on the field the entire time and have their own HP bars and everything. Not sure how you go about controlling what they do but we'll have to wait for more info.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They could make the standard old OF rules as the standard default for competitiveness, which is 1 on 1. No accessories etc. But the mechanic behind it might be different this time compared to the old game which might make 3 on 3 a priority. (I do hope it's just for fun but 1 on 1 was really the best part of it, I figured 3 on 3 was just fan service..but who knows really.)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i think 3vs3 is how they they play competitively in japan though. i want this game to succeed competitively but i myself want no part of it really, i SUCK at this game and im satisfied just struggling against the computer.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Honestly, as a fan of the PSP game I would definitely like to see this become a legit fighter of sorts. I believe it can if the system is handled well enough. 012 is actually a pretty solid game all things considered its just a bit simple is all. If they allowed for a bit more complexity, and they seem to be by making matches 3 vs 3 ala MVC3, then we could be seeing some interesting combinations based on characters chosen, attack setups, and assists. It would be nice to have some new characters as well.(Secretly hoping Rikku makes it in)
Why would you secretly hope for that? A lot of people want Rikku in the game amidst FFX characters.

Speaking of which, I may as well speculate on new characters that most likely will make it in as playable:

FF2: Minwu, Borghen
FF3: Doga/Unei, Xande
FF4: Rydia
FF5: Faris Scherwiz
FF6: Sabin Figaro, Cyan Garamonde, Siegfried
FF7: Genesis
FF8: Seifer Almasy, Zell Dincht
FF9: Beatrix, Vivi
FF10: Rikku, Seymour
FF12: Balthier, Judge of Wings
FF13: Cid Raines, Caius Ballad, Sazh Katzroy

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They can provide a sense of a story with Genesis's death appearing on Chaos's side. Whereas Sephiroth isn't technically dead since Tetsuya Nomura wants him to keep him alive like a house spirit. Although from terms of overall character. Sephiroth, Kefka, Ultimecia and ExDeath are by far the strongest beings as villains (Leaving out Chaos).

Argentus

It's going to be over 50 characters. You can't expect character reveal this early lol. You never know.
I've only played a few FFs and only interested in a few characters then. As is I have no interest in anyone except that one cat girl and that's a maybe.

I hope for Freya but I doubt it. Was she even popular?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I've only played a few FFs and only interested in a few characters then. As is I have no interest in anyone except that one cat girl and that's a maybe.

I hope for Freya but I doubt it. Was she even popular?

She was, although some of it was because she played a tribute to Kain in similarities (or previous Lancer type characters.) her being included wouldn't be a no option, people liked her as well.

If anything, expect Vivi or Beatrix. Not a big fan of FF9 to begin with so I wouldn't really know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD