DOA5U ~Team BEST~ DOA5U Training on PSN/XBL

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I may be hosting an Xboxlive lobby on Saturday in the afternoon-evening by the way. Probably going to have it start around 5pm PST. And it'll be streamed, this time, I will be using a mic and hosting a party chat as well. So feel free to socialize and if anyone has questions or are in need of advice as we play, feel free to ask me.

I may then use Tournament Mode as well, so everyone can play instead of waiting. But most importantly, everyone can test themselves versus one another as a way to see how everyone is progressing. To see if players are learning.

NinjaDon

I'm still learning her, but I'm more than willing to help!

I would say Hayate. Hayate is a character that wins just using the basics. So I would stick with him as far as learning the basics goes.
Thanks for your help Prince Adon. I really appreciate it.

NinjaDon

OK, now that everyone has agreed on Hayate. Could anyone give me literally like a few pointers on how to use Hayate well? Like how to play? What are his safe moves? Combos etc.

Tenryuga

OK, now that everyone has agreed on Hayate. Could anyone give me literally like a few pointers on how to use Hayate well? Like how to play? What are his safe moves? Combos etc.

The key to using Hayate well is being able to multitask and perform well at all ranges of combat. He is best played at mid range where he can create more space if he needs to and keep people off him with moves like his :4::P: mixups, :6::P::K: , :3::K: , :2::H+K: as well as :4::P+K: or approach his opponent aggressively with things like :6::6::P: mixups, :3::H+K: and :2::3::6::K:. His wind dash (:6::P+K:) can also be used to approach but you have to make sure your opponent respects the amount of space you control. If you just put it out whenever you feel like it you will end up getting hit out of it alot. The same is to be said for his :3::H+K:.

When you get in close range you will basically want to mix up your :P: strings (free cancel or delay), :6::P: poking (use your :6::P::K: mostly if you feel the need to complete a string; especially at walls.) and :2::P: with your charged guard breaks and throws. You may want to teleport occasionally instead of doing a guard break to fake people out.

Some good safe moves Hayate has are:

:3::K:
:4::P::P:
:2::P:
:6::P::K: - This is semi safe so you have to be prepared to break neutral throws or fuzzy guard other throw attempts.

As for combos for a beginner I recommend:

:8::P: :5: :P::P::6::P::K:

:9::K: :5::P::P::6::P::K:

:4::K::6::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

:6::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

:8::K::5: :6::6::K::K::K: OR :P::P::6::P::K:

:3::3::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

He has more damaging ones than these but for now use this. Once you understand how the stun system and threshold works I'll introduce you to those.

NinjaDon

The key to using Hayate well is being able to multitask and perform well at all ranges of combat. He is best played at mid range where he can create more space if he needs to and keep people off him with moves like his :4::P: mixups, :6::P::K: , :3::K: , :2::H+K: as well as :4::P+K: or approach his opponent aggressively with things like :6::6::P: mixups, :3::H+K: and :2::3::6::K:. His wind dash (:6::P+K:) can also be used to approach but you have to make sure your opponent respects the amount of space you control. If you just put it out whenever you feel like it you will end up getting hit out of it alot. The same is to be said for his :3::H+K:.

When you get in close range you will basically want to mix up your :P: strings (free cancel or delay), :6::P: poking (use your :6::P::K: mostly if you feel the need to complete a string; especially at walls.) and :2::P: with your charged guard breaks and throws. You may want to teleport occasionally instead of doing a guard break to fake people out.

Some good safe moves Hayate has are:

:3::K:
:4::P::P:
:2::P:
:6::P::K: - This is semi safe so you have to be prepared to break neutral throws or fuzzy guard other throw attempts.

As for combos for a beginner I recommend:

:8::P: :5: :P::P::6::P::K:

:9::K: :5::P::P::6::P::K:

:4::K::6::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

:6::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

:8::K::5: :6::6::K::K::K: OR :P::P::6::P::K:

:3::3::K::5::P::P::6::P::K:

He has more damaging ones than these but for now use this. Once you understand how the stun system and threshold works I'll introduce you to those.

I'm able to do those combos :D but... I wanna know how you would use the ranges? And can Hayate space/zone? If so how? P.S I read the Ein guide and I really enjoyed it.

Tenryuga

I'm able to do those combos :D but... I wanna know how you would use the ranges? And can Hayate space/zone? If so how? P.S I read the Ein guide and I really enjoyed it.

Yes he can space and zone. The way I play him what I will do is take my time moving in at out at mid range to try to get the opponent to do something I can capitalize on by whiff punishing them or out-prioritizing them with 66P or 4P. You should also mix in his 236K and wind dash at times. When I see that my opponent is near a wall I go into close range so I can try to sandwich them on it. If they are better than me in close range I'll try to create a little space but not too much so that if I manage to get a hit in I can still take advantage of the extra wall damage.

Hayate's wall pressure is really strong and intense because he has something to make you kiss it if the opponent is content blocking and if they like hitting buttons he most of the hits in his strings either splat or give enough frame advantage for you to run mixups.

In general Hayate's best range is mid range but against some characters he can also play up close and harass them if they are slower. Against faster characters or characters better than him in close range the best thing to do is space so you can create opportunities to attack.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I as said before, I'll be hosting a lobby and stream at 5pm PST, so in about 20 minutes. If anyone wants to play today, send me a message on Xboxlive or reply here.

I may be hosting an Xboxlive lobby on Saturday in the afternoon-evening by the way. Probably going to have it start around 5pm PST. And it'll be streamed, this time, I will be using a mic and hosting a party chat as well. So feel free to socialize and if anyone has questions or are in need of advice as we play, feel free to ask me.

I may then use Tournament Mode as well, so everyone can play instead of waiting. But most importantly, everyone can test themselves versus one another as a way to see how everyone is progressing. To see if players are learning.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD