Soapbox: Community Activism and the DOA Narrative

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
People don't know what I've done for DOA, yet they feel they can just make snide remarks. I've been pushing DOA at my university for years and at our local FGC tournaments. I have gotten people interested in the game. I even had friends purchase and/or download DOA5LR/Core Fighters. Hell, the fact that I finally found people to play with offline is more than enough progress for me and the fact that I had a group of people wanting me to go out and compete in DOA pushed me to do so. Fact of the matter is, I've shown my support for DOA in numerous ways, be it just playing it in front of other people, getting others interested in the game, or even buying DLC on top of DLC, my passion for this game hasn't died since 5 vanilla. So before you make your comments, please educate yourself on what contributions people have made for this game and the community.

Omega Ayane

Aуαηє♡
Premium Donor
People don't know what I've done for DOA, yet they feel they can just make snide remarks. I've been pushing DOA at my university for years and at our local FGC tournaments. I have gotten people interested in the game. I even had friends purchase and/or download DOA5LR/Core Fighters. Hell, the fact that I finally found people to play with offline is more than enough progress for me and the fact that I had a group of people wanting me to go out and compete in DOA pushed me to do so. Fact of the matter is, I've shown my support for DOA in numerous ways, be it just playing it in front of other people, getting others interested in the game, or even buying DLC on top of DLC, my passion for this game hasn't died since 5 vanilla. So before you make your comments, please educate yourself on what contributions people have made for this game and the community.

Did I specify that you didn't make contributions, I said you haven't made positive ones lately by belittling other players, in a very, very public way & continuously on various forms of social media. You aren't the only one here that's contributed in a positive way (or a negative one). This forum is about all of us coming together to make a better community, a more respectable community and therefore making the game more respected. Your recent actions haven't shown any of us that. & you're still on your soapbox when this isn't even about you. It's about all of us. So please stop jackin this thread and making it about you.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
If I really sit here and write up what my contributions are in this community and why I have recognition, I'd be writing a novel. A lot longer than what I usually type up.

Anyway, if people continue to be persistent with going off topic then I'll be having moderators clean up the thread.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think it's sad that people who are part of the problem don't even want to acknowledge the problem, but okay.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
If you feel the status is about you, what does that say about you and your character? Something to think about. ;)

Tempest

Great piece, I hope everyone tries to put as much of it as possible into action, especially on getting more hype for tournaments. On being inclusive I think it would also be beneficial to encourage people you meet online to make an FSD. More people joining the FSD community can lead to more people coming out to offline or possibly tournament majors.

Also can we take the drama somewhere else (Preferably to the trash)? That's clearly not what this thread is for and I don't think @boobiebombs appreciates you derailing it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Thank you, Tempest.

And yes, that is exactly what I've been doing since all of last year and now. Especially with PS4 and it's streaming capability when I do stream. This is exactly how the NorCal scene has been picking up locally.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
People seem to forget what is reflected online isn't exactly what is reflected offline. There is a difference.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Awesmic knows what he needs to do. Just keep playing and keep building up your offline scene with the others, man. You've been making good progress for awhile now. And you guys have one of the larger tournament majors in your area as well, so yeah.

synce

Guys, this really needs to stop. This nonsense is what the whole original post is about.

I'm not taking sides, both parties need to stop. Both sides feel slighted and won't drop the issue. Do you care more about DOA and benefiting the community or just about having the last word in a petty squabble?

Shhh.

popcorn.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD