SMITE General Discussion

KING JAIMY

What is SMITE?
A MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). The concept and objective of the game is similar to League of Legends, but it plays way differently. It's about pushing towers, phoenixes and eventually trying to kill the Titan to win the game. There's also a non-tower push variant of it, which can be compared to Team Deathmatch. It's called 'Arena' in SMITE.

xDevious

Standard Donor
Fuck smite I RQ of it :(
Why so? It's not as easy as you'd think, and it takes a while to understand and get good. Don't put yourself down because you lose or go massively negative in your first few matches. I can still go 3/9/10 on bad days/in bad matches, it's nothing to get upset about, especially not on your first day of playing. ^_^ Just go back in there and redeem yourself, and show those bitches what you're made of.

Dark-truth

Why so? It's not as easy as you'd think, and it takes a while to understand and get good. Don't put yourself down because you lose or go massively negative in your first few matches. I can still go 3/9/10 on bad days/in bad matches, it's nothing to get upset about, especially not on your first day of playing. ^_^ Just go back in there and redeem yourself, and show those bitches what you're made of.
I chose ra and he sucks and ohh I hate that freaking Titan

xDevious

Standard Donor
I chose ra and he sucks and ohh I hate that freaking Titan
Never go after the Titan alone, especially not with a squishy mage like Ra. If you're Level 20 with a Guardian, you can tank it if it's during a Deicide or when the Titan is at low health. You can pretty much take the titan with anyone if it's at extremely low health if you manage to sneak past your opponents and take it down. I managed to do it with Hel once before, who is one of the squishiest Gods in the game, regardless of class.

TL;DR Never 1v1 the Titan if it's at a decent amount of health, especially not with a mage. Also, don't give up just because you're not doing so well, you'll get better in no time if you keep on practicing. ^_^

Dark-truth

Never go after the Titan alone, especially not with a squishy mage like Ra. If you're Level 20 with a Guardian, you can tank it if it's during a Deicide or when the Titan is at low health. You can pretty much take the titan with anyone if it's at extremely low health if you manage to sneak past your opponents and take it down. I managed to do it with Hel once before, who is one of the squishiest Gods in the game, regardless of class.

TL;DR Never 1v1 the Titan if it's at a decent amount of health, especially not with a mage. Also, don't give up just because you're not doing so well, you'll get better in no time if you keep on practicing. ^_^
Alrighty

Radiance

Definitely Neith is the go-to Goddess for beginners. When I started playing, I played Ra and I mostly just did support (never went in alone until I understood the game). I also played Cupid, and Hou Yi. For mages, I like Chronos, he's a great pusher as well as Nu Wa but they have a bit of a learning curve. Chronos and Nox are my favorite mages but Nox is a bit difficult to get results with unless you understand the game, and playing with a good team. I don't know much about assassin's but Loki is my new favorite, he has explosive damage, but has to get in first.

Argentus

I downloaded this on ps4 but haven't done much more than the first tutorial mission. Never got into lol but this seems different enough I may enjoy it. Handles kinda weird so I need to find a character I like, though.

xDevious

Standard Donor
So I bought Ravana and this man is legit and comes with a flash kick. #FlashKickSavesLives
Ugh, that OP shit.. XD He seems enjoyable, but not really a character for me. I'm happy you're able to enjoy him, however! #FSK4Lyf

I downloaded this on ps4 but haven't done much more than the first tutorial mission. Never got into lol but this seems different enough I may enjoy it. Handles kinda weird so I need to find a character I like, though.
Welcome to the SMITE Community! This game is, imo, pretty different from LoL and other MOBAs. The third person view makes it so much more different, and way more enjoyable. It makes you feel like you're more a part of the fight, and I absolutely love that. Also, that Characters (or rather Gods) in this game are way more likable than characters in other MOBAs as well, which is a very nice addition.

As far as starter characters go, I'd suggest Neith, Thor or Ymir. They are all Gods I could see myself learning the game with. Out of those three, I only really use Neith, however, so I can't really give you any hints or information about anyone else other than her. Also, feel free to test out whichever character you want other than those three as well. They are just character I find easy to start off with, but your preferences might be unlike mine.

---------------------

So, what do you guys think about the newest Goddess of SMITE; Skadi, the Norse Goddess of Winter? I find her to be pretty darn OP, but yet I somewhat like her (when she's on my team/when I play her). I haven't bought her yet, but I tried her out in Jungle Practice, and she seems like a God I'd definitely enjoy playing.

Also, on an unrelated note to Skadi: I've picked up Mercury now, he is my first male character in this game, lol. I really do enjoy him. His Ultimate is such a funny one to troll people on low life who think they are safe under the tower/Phoenix with. XD

JusTheBest29

Ugh, that OP shit.. XD He seems enjoyable, but not really a character for me. I'm happy you're able to enjoy him, however! #FSK4Lyf

So, what do you guys think about the newest Goddess of SMITE; Skadi, the Norse Goddess of Winter? I find her to be pretty darn OP, but yet I somewhat like her (when she's on my team/when I play her). I haven't bought her yet, but I tried her out in Jungle Practice, and she seems like a God I'd definitely enjoy playing.

Also, on an unrelated note to Skadi: I've picked up Mercury now, he is my first male character in this game, lol. I really do enjoy him. His Ultimate is such a funny one to troll people on low life who think they are safe under the tower/Phoenix with. XD
I've escaped so many ultimates with that Flash Kick it's not even funny XD.
About Skadi, I've seen some of friends talk about her and think she's OP, apparently she can kill guardians quickly and get easy penta kills. However I'm waiting for Jing Wei to be released on PS4, she seems extremely fun.
I'm glad you picked up Mercury, he's extremely fun. Nothing beats the thunderclap of justice followed up by a mad speed dash lol.

xDevious

Standard Donor
I've escaped so many ultimates with that Flash Kick it's not even funny XD.
About Skadi, I've seen some of friends talk about her and think she's OP, apparently she can kill guardians quickly and get easy penta kills. However I'm waiting for Jing Wei to be released on PS4, she seems extremely fun.
I'm glad you picked up Mercury, he's extremely fun. Nothing beats the thunderclap of justice followed up by a mad speed dash lol.
Lmao, I feel the same way about Chang'e's 2nd Ability.. XD That immunity move has saved my ass oh so many times! C'x

Yeah, Skadi can really annihilate anyone and everyone with the correct build. Her Permafrost (3rd ability) is also broken. You can get stuck on the ice forever if you get stuck on there with an ally and keep on bouncing off of them. It happened in an Arena I played with @KING JAIMY last night. We just spazzed out at the edge of the ability until it disappeared. If the opponents knew how to capitalize off of it, it would've been a sure death. >_>

Jing Wei looks alright, but I cannot STAND her passive that lets her fly from spawn, halfway across the map. That's a bit too OP, imo. I will most likely pick her up, however.

Lmao, that's for sure! XD I literally have so much fun with Mercury, and he's an absolute BOSS late-game! He can kill a Guardian in a 1v1 no problem, and I love that, lmao. Cx

KING JAIMY

I think Skadi is pretty darn strong and enjoyable. Borderline OP I'd say. Her major downfall is that she lacks a true escape which makes her really easy to gank. Her damage output is insane though, especially combined with Kaldr. I build Skadi with a full penetrations build (Transcendence > Warrior Tabi > Asi > Qin's Sais > Hastened Fatalis > Titan's Bane), as Kaldr scales off of power and penetration and doesn't apply on-hit effects like critical hits.

Permafrost is an ability with new BS Crowd Control which would be really annoying combined with Odin's cage or Ares' ultimate, but whatever. It indeed has some glitchyness associated with it like Devious already pointed out, especially if the ice has two or more allies standing on it. I hope they fix that because it literally made us look like we both lag switched over the entire ice field. =(

About Jing Wei, I find her design a bit generic. She sure looks fun as hell to use though. It also helps that Hunter is my favorite class and there isn't a single Hunter I don't like so far. Jing Wei seems like a hybrid of Apollo and Rama. She has the mobility of Apollo but is highly reliant on basic attacks instead of abilities, which does remind me of Rama. For example, her 1 and 2 are both abilities that enhance her basic attacks. She can also knock herself up as well as knock opponents up with her gusts which make her synergize incredibly well with Awilix. The only other Hunter with a knock-up is Hou Yi, and that knockup is very situational and almost impossible to react to with Awilix.

That passive of Jing Wei is ridiculous too, although it wouldn't be helpful in certain situations. For example, if you need to defend the Titan, it wouldn't be very useful to fly away from base. I hope that the player can decide when to land. The flying range is also a bit too far in my opinion (see picture below). As you can see, it's basically a free teleport to your Tier 2 tower or even almost to your Tier 1 tower in the Duo Lane. The passive could make her viable in the Solo Lane because that is the lane where the most farming takes places, although I think she will be played most often in the ADC role, like all other Hunters. Definitely looking forward to playing her. Not looking forward to the inevitable Kawaii Pop Jing Wei skin though. >_<

CfdmiHOXEAY9If-.jpg:large

KING JAIMY

So apparently if you get the relic 'Teleport' with Jing Wei, which lets her teleport to a friendly tower, it does still activate her passive at the tower. So what you can basically do is: Go to base and heal up > Use teleport to go to a tower > Leave the tower range to activate your passive to travel even further. You can basically cross the whole Conquest map with Jing Wei in a matter of seconds! That's pretty broken I'd say. She will definitely be up there with Janus and Athena in terms of global presense and quick rotations.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD