SMITE General Discussion

KING JAIMY

Discuss all SMITE-related things there, not specific for any platform.

To kick this thread off: Who's your favorite god(ess) and why?

Mine is Chang'e because she looks pretty and her ability kit is fun to use, especially when you get to land that 5-man ultimate. I'm also really starting to like Awilix because of how fun it is catching people during their leaps with my ultimate. And her Renegade skin is awesome (although I still prefer her default cute Voice Pack). Ao Kuang is up there for me as well because he has the most satisfying ability in the game (his execution). That, and his Dragon Knight skin is amazing!

Tagging everyone who I have seen mention something about SMITE at least once:

@xDevious
@JusTheBest29
@DoANoob

xDevious

Standard Donor
Nice! I didn't expect a SMITE discussion on FSD. :p Nice thought of making one, Jaimy! ^_^

My favorite Goddess in SMITE is Hel. She's been my favorite since day 1 when I got the game, simply because of her personalities, and how opposite they are of each other, and also how hilarious they are when they clash. She is also a great mix between damaging and supportive, which makes her a pretty good team-player. Her strongest downfall, however, is her squishy-ness. She is by far one of the squishiest characters in the game, so if you do not know how to "stance-dance", you're pretty much fucked. XD

Coming in at a close second is Sol, who is an absolutely adorable girl! XD She is extremely fun to play, and also really good, gameplay-vice. She might have a case of the "OP", but I still can't help but loving her. XD

My third top favorite character is Isis. She is such an amazing team and solo player. She can hold her own, and support others just as well. :p She's an extremely good Mid, throughout the entire game. Also, I just love how hilarious this girl is, especially in her Scarlet Coven skin. XD

Honorable mentions to all the other characters I use, which I really do not feel like listing up, because there's a lot of them.. X'D

Last edited:

JusTheBest29

A SMITE discussion page? Oh snap. This may make me more active here now lol.

My favorite god to play as is Mercury. #GottaGoFast. I've always liked characters that can move at high speeds such as Sonic and the Flash. Although he is extremely squishy this man can get kills extremely easily with Special Delivery into some basic attacks on someone who has half health. And stopping someone from reaching base and killing them with his ultimate is just so satisfying.

I do try to mix things up with my characters trying to play at least one per class. Which is currently...
Assasin - Mercury
Mage - Kukulkan and Sol
Hunter - Artemis and Medusa
Warrior - Hercules(I want to be replace him with Ravana)
And Guardian - Xing Tian

KING JAIMY

Most annoying things in SMITE?

For me the list woud be quite huge:

- VEL spam (a.k.a. laugh spam) after you lose a match.
- Getting kill stolen. It's more annoying when an incompetent teammate or asshole teammate steals your kill.
- Rage quitters or defeatists who sit in base because they went 0-5 in the first three minutes of the match.
- People complaining about getting their kill stolen. I've actually been in some siutations where I saved someone at the expense of stealing their kill. They complained and I said: 'Okay dude, next time I'll grab some popcorn, spectate the 1v1 and let you die. :)''
- People spamming ''Help!'' or ''Thanks!'' after they die, as if it is your fault that they die after they tower dive at level 5.
- People not saying ''Thanks!'' after your save them or do something nice for them.
- Feeders. I know people are trying their best and I don't mind if they are going (slightly) negative, but if they end up with 1-22-8 they should seriously reconsider their play style.
- Odin's cage. Like seriously, this is the bane for all healer gods and gods without leaps.
- On the topic of healers: Being blamed by teammates because you didn't heal their sorry ass. Obviously every heal in the game only has a 1 second cooldown. :)
- Vulcan's turrets. Those meatballs hurt.
- Geb shield / Khepri ultimate on the enemy team.
- A Ratatoskr or Thanatos on your team. They never tend to do well and die a lot.
- Buffs or objectives getting stolen by the enemies. Of course the laugh/taunt spam after the steal is only natural.
- Buffs being picked up by people who don't need that particular buff (e.g. a hunter with a Mana buff, guardian with a Damage buff or burst mage with an Attack Speed buff).
- Teammates spamming 'Retreat!' when the whole enemy team swarms you and it's too late to retreat.. After you die they often times say: 'Awesome! No!'. Of course you were not trying to retreat. :)
- People only playing for kills and not objectives.
- Being denied a Quadra Kill or Penta Kill by a teammate. I've had this happen two times to me now.
- People not calling roles in the character select screen in Conquest.
- People instantly locking in, not caring about the team's composition or team's needs.
- People calling roles for others. Three instantly locked in mages calling 'Guard' in the character select screen is goddamn annoying. Like seriously, if you want a Guardian on your team, go pick one yourself!
- People not giving a damn about killing minions in Arena.
- People not giving a damn about Towers and Phoenixes in every other game mode.

I can see why SMITE is driving people insane sometimes.

xDevious

Standard Donor
Basically, everything you said is exactly what I find annoying as fuck in SMITE! X'D I would add these things to the list as well, however:

- People who do not call "Enemy missing" when their enemy has left their lane in game modes like Conquest, Clash and Siege.
- People who think you can be all over the map at the same time when you're the Jungler in Conquest. If I'm helping out Duo lane, I cannot make it to Solo lane in one second after they call for help. There are two huge jungles, plus one lane, I have to go through to get there. Retreat under tower/behind tower, and wait for the Jungler to make it over there to gank, it's not that hard.

xDevious

Standard Donor
Idm we can finally play and put hoes back in their place
Well, unless you have it on Xbox, we cannot, sadly.. :/ Unless they introduce cross-platform play, or allow me to move my bought items from Xbox One to PS4. I don't feel like re-buying everything I've bought on Xbox for PS4, and losing out on all my God Ranks and Exclusive skins/items. I might sometime down the road get it for PS4 and just get the God Pack that unlocks every Character in the game, so I can at least play it on there, even though I won't have all my data from Xbox. :p I would love to play it with you sometime, though! ^_^

Dark-truth

Well, unless you have it on Xbox, we cannot, sadly.. :/ Unless they introduce cross-platform play, or allow me to move my bought items from Xbox One to PS4. I don't feel like re-buying everything I've bought on Xbox for PS4, and losing out on all my God Ranks and Exclusive skins/items. I might sometime down the road get it for PS4 and just get the God Pack that unlocks every Character in the game, so I can at least play it on there, even though I won't have all my data from Xbox. :p I would love to play it with you sometime, though! ^_^
it's free on ps4 hoe :/

xDevious

Standard Donor
it's free on ps4 hoe :/
It's free on every platform, but you have to buy Gods and Skins. I have a ton of exclusive stuff I also won't be able to get on PS4, which really sucks. :/ Also, I really do not feel like starting over with trying to improve my God Ranks, because that shit takes AGES, lmao. XD

Dark-truth

It's free on every platform, but you have to buy Gods and Skins. I have a ton of exclusive stuff I also won't be able to get on PS4, which really sucks. :/ Also, I really do not feel like starting over with trying to improve my God Ranks, because that shit takes AGES, lmao. XD
How much are those things because I might buy some stuff too if they have some good characters

xDevious

Standard Donor
How much are those things because I might buy some stuff too if they have some good characters
Gods are usually 5500 favor (which you get by playing matches) or 200 gems (which you have to buy with real money) each. Certain skins you can buy for a certain amount of favor, or gems, but other skins can ONLY be bought with gems. Those skins usually cost 250, 400 or 600 gems each.

What the hell did you just say? XD
Yes, I'll get the God Pack on PS4, because I really do not want to play Neith only (as she's the only free Character I play) while I try to save up favor for all the Gods I want.. XD That will be a HUGE pain in the ass, lmao. C'x So, I might as well get the God Pack. YOU HAPPY NOW, BITCH!? I FINALLY LISTEN TO YOUR DUMB ADVICE! X'D

Dark-truth

Gods are usually 5500 favor (which you get by playing matches) or 200 gems (which you have to buy with real money) each. Certain skins you can buy for a certain amount of favor, or gems, but other skins can ONLY be bought with gems. Those skins usually cost 250, 400 or 600 gems each.

Yes, I'll get the God Pack on PS4, because I really do not want to play Neith only (as she's the only free Character I play) while I try to save up favor for all the Gods I want.. XD That will be a HUGE pain in the ass, lmao. C'x So, I might as well get the God Pack. YOU HAPPY NOW, BITCH!? I FINALLY LISTEN TO YOUR DUMB ADVICE! X'D
Ohh alright thank you and don't talk to my friend like that stripper hoe

KING JAIMY

There is in-game currency called Favor and premium currency called Gems.

Favor is earned by playing games. You get Favor for both winning and losing a match but obviously you get more Favor by winning the match. Additionally, winning a first game in a particular game mode gets you 100 Favor, which is called the First Win of The Day (FWOTD). You can also get Favor by logging in and completing in-game quests.

Gems can be bought with real money or can be earned by logging in each day. After the 6th and 7th day of logging in consecutively, you will get 15 Gems and 35 Gems respectively. Sometimes there will also be events where you can earn free Gems.

Characters in SMITE are called 'Gods'. There's currently 73 of them separated in five classes: Mage, Hunter, Assassin, Warrior and Guardian. When you launch the game for the first game, you get 5 gods for free (the 'starter gods', which are Neith, Ymir, Guan Yu, Ra and Thor). Additional Gods can be bought with Favor or Gems. The most recent God always costs 11000 Favor or 200 Gems, whereas most other Gods cost 5500 Favor or 200 Gems. Some Gods come with a cheaper Favor price, such as Artemis, Cupid, Hades, Agni and Kukulkan. If you play the game on a daily basis, you can approximately unlock 1 god a week. Alternatively, if you can't be arsed unlocking all Gods and you can see yourself playing the game for a long time, I highly recommend getting the Ultimate God Pack. It's a pack which contains all Gods AND future Gods. This pack costs €30 (last week there was a 50% sale on it, so I picked it up for €15), which is a pretty reasonable price in my opinion. You will also get a Favor refund on Gods you unlocked before you bought the God Pack.

Next to Gods, there's plenty of skins which you can buy with Favor and/or Gems. Every god has a reclor skin (T1), which costs 9500 Favor or 100 Gems. Almost every God also has a T2 skin, which costs 250 Gems, with slight changes to the character model but the same Voice Pack. T3 skins cost 400 Gems and come with major changes to their character model and often times a Custom Voice Pack. T4 skins cost 600 Gems and represent a complete new character model and always a Custom Voice Pack. The rarest of all are the T5 skins which are highly exclusive and only available for a limited time.

I don't get why you didn't get it on the One, lol. It comes with so much benefits: All god, all future gods and a complete Favor refund which means you can buy every Favor skin you want without ever having to worry about spending Favor on Gods. Another benefit of the God Pack is that you might try out Gods who you wouldn't try out otherwise because you had to spend Favor on them. I ended up liking Cabrakan, a god which I would normally never play because otherwise I had to spend my precious 5500 Favor. Sure, Assault is less fun to play but you have enough Favor to re-roll. Ratatoskr? Re-roll: (130000 Favor --> 129750 Favor). Favor becomes so insignificant when you have the God pack so you can pretty much always re-roll when playing Assault.

I didn't regret getting it, even though I already owned half of the gods in the game.

Dark-truth

There is in-game currency called Favor and premium currency called Gems.

Favor is earned by playing games. You get Favor for both winning and losing a match but obviously you get more Favor by winning the match. Additionally, winning a first game in a particular game mode gets you 100 Favor, which is called the First Win of The Day (FWOTD). You can also get Favor by logging in and completing in-game quests.

Gems can be bought with real money or can be earned by logging in each day. After the 6th and 7th day of logging in consecutively, you will get 15 Gems and 35 Gems respectively. Sometimes there will also be events where you can earn free Gems.

Characters in SMITE are called 'Gods'. There's currently 73 of them separated in five classes: Mage, Hunter, Assassin, Warrior and Guardian. When you launch the game for the first game, you get 5 gods for free (the 'starter gods', which are Neith, Ymir, Guan Yu, Ra and Thor). Additional Gods can be bought with Favor or Gems. The most recent God always costs 11000 Favor or 200 Gems, whereas most other Gods cost 5500 Favor or 200 Gems. Some Gods come with a cheaper Favor price, such as Artemis, Cupid, Hades, Agni and Kukulkan. If you play the game on a daily basis, you can approximately unlock 1 god a week. Alternatively, if you can't be arsed unlocking all Gods and you can see yourself playing the game for a long time, I highly recommend getting the Ultimate God Pack. It's a pack which contains all Gods AND future Gods. This pack costs €30 (last week there was a 50% sale on it, so I picked it up for €15), which is a pretty reasonable price in my opinion. You will also get a Favor refund on Gods you unlocked before you bought the God Pack.

Next to Gods, there's plenty of skins which you can buy with Favor and/or Gems. Every god has a reclor skin (T1), which costs 9500 Favor or 100 Gems. Almost every God also has a T2 skin, which costs 250 Gems, with slight changes to the character model but the same Voice Pack. T3 skins cost 400 Gems and come with major changes to their character model and often times a Custom Voice Pack. T4 skins cost 600 Gems and represent a complete new character model and always a Custom Voice Pack. The rarest of all are the T5 skins which are highly exclusive and only available for a limited time.

I don't get why you didn't get it on the One, lol. It comes with so much benefits: All god, all future gods and a complete Favor refund which means you can buy every Favor skin you want without ever having to worry about spending Favor on Gods. Another benefit of the God Pack is that you might try out Gods who you wouldn't try out otherwise because you had to spend Favor on them. I ended up liking Cabrakan, a god which I would normally never play because otherwise I had to spend my precious 5500 Favor. Sure, Assault is less fun to play but you have enough Favor to re-roll. Ratatoskr? Re-roll: (130000 Favor --> 129750 Favor). Favor becomes so insignificant when you have the God pack so you can pretty much always re-roll when playing Assault.

I didn't regret getting it, even though I already owned half of the gods in the game.
This game seems interesting.

xDevious

Standard Donor

I didn't get it, because I love Assault, and I don't feel like having a 1/70-something chance of getting someone I know. XD I use free rotation to test out Gods in combat, and Jungle Practice to learn their abilities. C'x

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD