Problems that the Patch DOESN'T Address

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The only issue I'm concerned with is a lack of throw breaks.
Well, I know in games like soul calibur, there are different throw inputs. (Horizontal + Guard) and (vertical + guard), which add a little chance to throw breaking. Seeing how that option isn't available in DOA, how would you expand throw breaking in this game?

WebHead

throws arent easy to land.. if you go in a match and try to win just by grabbing youll get demolished.. so throw that throw break in the garbage!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, I know in games like soul calibur, there are different throw inputs. (Horizontal + Guard) and (vertical + guard), which add a little chance to throw breaking. Seeing how that option isn't available in DOA, how would you expand throw breaking in this game?

Same way as VF. Last directional input.

throws arent easy to land.. if you go in a match and try to win just by grabbing youll get demolished.. so throw that throw break in the garbage!

Yea, no.

lopedo

Throw breaks? Maybe beta version 565W. We're still waiting for patch notes on version 35.

Chaos

Can I punch you instead?
Manny_Pacquiao_of_the_Philippines_connects_a_punch_on_the_face_of_Ricky_Hatton.jpeg

lopedo

That is beautiful.

The way his nose wrinkles while the Asian man sweats makes my blood tingle with an erotic twinge. The nerves in my legs quiver gingerly and bring me to my knees, where I then look up at the big, long rope in front of me.

Alas, it is just a garden hose. With tears in my eyes I sigh, cuddling my shriveled testicles as I lay my head to sleep that night.

Or in other words, your picture is sexy. ;)

Murakame

Throws should be breakable if they are done from neutral. If you're at -10 however I want that guaranteed 6T. This isn't like VF or Tekken where you can punish with launchers. There are not enough moves in the game that have a shitload of recovery or disadvantage and not enough normal hit launchers to do that. The height of a normal hit launcher isn't even enough to make a person take damage to make them say "oh damn maybe I should lay off these unsafe moves."

SilverKhaos

Rankings never meant any thing in fighting games, too many variables nullifying any meaning behind the rankings.

That said, I constantly play ranked just because its the quickest way to get a fight.

Berzerk!

Rankings never meant any thing in fighting games, too many variables nullifying any meaning behind the rankings.

That said, I constantly play ranked just because its the quickest way to get a fight.

Can you explain why ranking doesn't mean anything?

I myself cannot find any ranked matches at all and play in lobbies after inviting other Australians

ScattereDreams

The same way it's done in VF, last input of the throw + throw for command throws, holding throw for neutral grabs. Of course I think counter/ Hi- counter grabs shouldn't be escapable.

What about punishing? Throws are what we use to punish in DOA so how would we go about getting our guaranteed damage when our opponent does something unsafe if throws are breakable?

WebHead

Dead or alive 4 is the only fighting game to ever make a ranking system that shows your actual skill.. dead or alive 5's is trash

im just remembering, dead or alive 4's rank system could have you playing for hours. Once you make it to 50 000 points you would go into lobbies with the mindset of destroying kids, building a streak and piling 150, 150, 150 and building your points up to 60 000, 70 000, 80, 000. When fighting an A- it would get me GOING, I dont wanna lose 1000 points to this fuckin punk, IM GONNA FUCKING DEMOLISH THIS KID FOR ALL HES WORTH! I remember being so proud of making it to 75 000.

This fucking game.. this fuckin guy.. this is boring as FUCK!!!!!!!!

DriftSlave

Dead or alive 4 is the only fighting game to ever make a ranking system that shows your actual skill.. dead or alive 5's is trash

im just remembering, dead or alive 4's rank system could have you playing for hours. Once you make it to 50 000 points you would go into lobbies with the mindset of destroying kids, building a streak and piling 150, 150, 150 and building your points up to 60 000, 70 000, 80, 000. When fighting an A- it would get my adrenaline going, I dont wanna lose 1000 points to this fuckin punk, IM GONNA FUCKING DEMOLISH THIS KID FOR ALL HES WORTH! I remember being so proud of making it to 75 000.

This fucking game.. this fuckin guy.. this is boring as FUCK!!!!!!!!

This quite possibly might be the biggest load of shit i've read on this form yet.

WebHead

youre probably an A- kid, thats why it wasnt fun for u.. do you even have a 360? did u even play it for years? NO SO DONT GET IN MY FACE PAL!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD