DOA5LR Poll - What you like/hate & would change

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hi Guys,

I'm doing a little project where I'm trying to consolidate the community's thoughts on the game and then map them out via charts and data. If we can present TN with a professional and analytic document of our thoughts as a community, we have a greater chance of them to be receptive to our feedback. If you would like to participate in this project, I would love to hear your thoughts on 3 bullets. Please no long winded response. One or two sentences per bullet item. Please send me your response in a private message via FSD.

1. What do you love about this game?
2. What do you hate about this game?
3. If you could, what would you change about this game?

As an example, I'll let you know my response:

Like - Simplicity of the game; yet each character has depth in their own style.
Hate - The ability to counter immediately after impact to get out of stuns faster than intended via fastest stagger escape.
Change - If a greater risk is taken (a slow move with a sit down stun, but super negative on failure), a greater advantage must be given if it is successful (guaranteed follow ups).

Aspect

To create graphs and data charts for qualitative data will be a bit difficult. It'll introduce some subjective bias if you end up categorizing the answers, as well as other statistical biases. I'd suggest a standard multiple choice survey with one open ended question or so as an alternative. Overall, I like the idea though.

I won't be able to contribute because I can't think of how I would change the game.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
To create graphs and data charts for qualitative data will be a bit difficult. It'll introduce some subjective bias if you end up categorizing the answers, as well as other statistical biases. I'd suggest a standard multiple choice survey with one open ended question or so as an alternative. Overall, I like the idea though.

I won't be able to contribute because I can't think of how I would change the game.
A like/hate response is fine too.

Saber

Like - same as Sly Bass, but add graphics as well
Hate - Overpriced DLC, terrible balance decisions, OHs are still too OP IMO
Change - Life bar to 270HP. 300HP rounds are too boring and you play more carelessly. Remove Sarah and Gen Fu from game.

HHH816

DOALR PS4

- HD , soft engine on bewwbss, anti -alising
Hate - recolors DLC, season pass (obviously marketing tactic). uninspiring stages (learn from tekken please). bugs and glitches
Change - its a good game overall just fix the bugs

maskedman

Like - variety of characters, graphic and Stages
Hate - overpriced uninspiring DLC costumes
Change- Costume Filter option, change each character voices like UMVC3

KING JAIMY

Like - The uniqueness of the characters and stages. I love how each character can use the environment to their advantage in a different way.
Hate - Unoriginal DLC costumes and DOA online.
Change - The netcode, make costumes cheaper and give more recovery frames to holds to so that people would actually slow escape more often.

Hazard

Standard Donor
Like - The triangle system and interesting stages.
Hate - The deficit of dynamic stages, or dynamic stages that are pretty bland.
Change - Netcode (that's a given), more "unique" DLC characters, and I'd personally like the option to change the revision of the game at will (example: Armored Core for Answer).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Like - The characters. Every DLC character was well done, we have a diverse and beautiful cast. The characters also have awesome moves. Because of the awesome moves and characters I see no need to play other fighting games. DOA is one game I have where I feel like I improve greatly with more play. Most games I play I feel like there just is no getting better. Or I have to use a cheap character I don't like.

Hate - The treatment of the heavier characters. Come on, they can barely defend themselves against Christie/Kasumi/Ayane unless they are masters at holding. Another way of looking at is their outfit selection. Come on, regardless of how sales are, they could do a way better job at representing the bigger characters.

Change - I like DOA's system. Even holds 'n' stuns. It's taken me a long time to adapt to this game and now that I'm better at it I don't think I want anything to change. Although a small system change I don't like about last round is the very small launch Alpha gets on her 3P string. I don't like the launch height and it's very situational.

David Gregg

Like - The characters. Every DLC character was well done, we have a diverse and beautiful cast. The characters also have awesome moves.

Something I find interesting is how awkward and embarrassing they made Honoka. Not embarrassing in the sense that she's in the game (although I'm sure some ppl here would make that argument XD) but that the character herself is very awkward. Maybe it's because she was raised by her grandmother but her ironic love of cows and obsession with wanting MR's flat chest is so ridiculous it's hilarious. XD

Seigen

Like: the game system and graphics
Hate: the female predominance in the character roster, most costumes, no color customization available, lack of option to use own BGM
Change: the things I hate

Cadaveri

Lets see...

- The fight system that is diffirent from other fighters (rock, paper, scissors), the ingame models look amazing. Continued support from TN to release new content
Hate - No real customization available for characters apart from few hairstyles , stages are worse than in previous doa's & price of the continued DLC lol.
Change - Improve netcode, give other stages for team battle

DrDam

I have been e-mailing Team Ninja very detailed bug/glitch lists weekly since December 2013. They still haven't fixed most of the stuff I reported. I'm not really sure they care anymore.

That being said :

Like : Character designs, stage designs, choose-your-music system, lenient and forgiving inputs, in-depth frame data.
Dislike : Thousands of dollars worth of DLC at launch, some new characters seem incomplete or lacking moves, poor balance between the characters.
Change : Stagger-Escape, I would suggest fastest staggering by default and making critical holds have much more recovery frames. Increase recovery on unsafe moves. Increase Throw startup frames, decrease OH startup frames. Give ranked players some qualification matches so they can start higher up if they're already good, make matches best 2 out of 3 for top 100 players, show character points on lobby matches. Allow multiple fights to take place simultaneously in a single lobby. Make it so in using the same move twice in a tag combo will cause a finish and end the combo, add an assist mechanic. ADD A MUTE OPPONENT BUTTON IN RANKED MATCHES. Hire some guy to lurk around these forums so he can be the voice of the people. Change the DLC system, instead of buying a costume for a single fighter for 2$, how about a costume that you can use for many fighters with custom options like colors and extra accessories for something REASONABLE like 5$ or something.

Dayum im getting carried away

Niitris

Like: In-game frame data, valuable research tool.
Hate: Poor netcode.
Change: Wakeup kicks, weaken them to encourage momentum against grounded opponents.

Yun-Seong

Like - Characters: all of them have totally different personalities, uniqe fighting style. System(triangle system): is really good and fair. Balance: every character has the same chance to win against another character (it's not like Tekken where Mishimas are always to strong, fast). Stages: lve them because since DoA2 they are so huge, you can destory wall and fall down ect. Costumes: most of them are look stunning, you can easily see what kind of fabric is used to make this clothes.
Hate - DLC: that's pathetic that we have to pay for costumes, we should unlock them like previous games, at least most of them are disgusting. DLC characters? Even worse than costumes. Before releasing TN promised us that they won't do dlc characters because it won't be fair for everybody.
Change/add - Much more stages, old one as well as new one. Change the way to unlock costumes like in DoA 2. We have to finish sotry mode, finish time attack under 4:15, got 1000000 points in syrvival, beat 50 opponets in survival( just suprise us how to unlock costume), that was much more challenging and more enjoyable than just finish aracde x times. More cliffhangers stages - it's nice and fresh idea but appears only in 2 stages(3 on new generation). Bring back stairs and trow stairs. Put more winning intros like DoA 2(it had so many) and the way hw they could have been see - win great then ist different ect. Bring back replays! especially triple one! For now i think that all, if i will remind something i will add ^^

Aven Kujo-Gin

This is what I like about DOA5/U/LR. Not all the DOA games.
Like: The option to choose between all the music from previous DOA games. The incredible amount of costumes. All the support the game is getting, it's amazing.
Dislike: The unoriginal characters like Phase 4 or Honoka. Boring squared stages. The overfocused in the sexual content.
Change: I would make critical burst only available at +20 damage instead of +17. I would also remove Power Blows, they are not even cool anymore.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Like: The epic stages, the detail, the characters, the simple command training. And the amazing story mode :) DOA Vanilla and it's four costume packs as well that weren't as bad and messy as DOA5U's. most of the contest costumes
Dislike: Kasumi clones everywhere, fetish DLC that does not suit the characters (ninja pack was okay though) all the DLC characters so far (excluding Honoka and Raidou) are anime-cliché females... COSTUME RECOLOURS AS SEPARATE COSTUMES. Also the Dojo stage, kill it with fire. Oh and giving Christie a Japanese school gym-costume...why.
Change: If there's going to be cloth-ripping, make it like MK9's... cause I don't want Kasumi kicking Gen Fu in the dingdong and his trousers disintegrate. Also give the dudes + Virtua Fighters some love, because it's only the girls that get the attention (plus the a thousand fetish DLCs) Give Honoka a new theme in DOA6 that doesn't sound like Mario Kart had a baby with a moe anime. Bring back Bankutsubo but moderate his fighting style a little bit :p or even in DOA6 change Nyo's fighting style a little so it's more unique than just being Bankutsubo's.

Edmund

Likes -> The ladies, gameplay.
Dislikes -> Santa Costumes, Most of the stages. Alpha 152.
Change -> Add arcade mode endings for all the characters. Don't be lazy! Add more original moves to Honoka.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD