Picking random, then after rematch do I get a new random?

Tenren

Quick question, I was playing some match's with friends who were interested in DOA. I was choosing random and were were hitting rematch bla bla bla I get a new character and they flip there lid saying that was cool as hell. Then it hit, I couldn't think of another game that gives new a stages or character after choosing random once. Anyone who has had time with a build know if DOA5 has the same mechanics. I never thought about it till know but always hated having to go back to character select to hit random again. Maybe Im just spoiled lmao Id there any other lil things you guys are in the game? I always liked being able to change system voices as well.

Xion

Souldnt that be how it works? you select random, repeat means everything under the same conditions, so random again. well anyway, thats how it works.

Goro Hazuki

Quick question, I was playing some match's with friends who were interested in DOA. I was choosing random and were were hitting rematch bla bla bla I get a new character and they flip there lid saying that was cool as hell. Then it hit, I couldn't think of another game that gives new a stages or character after choosing random once. Anyone who has had time with a build know if DOA5 has the same mechanics. I never thought about it till know but always hated having to go back to character select to hit random again. Maybe Im just spoiled lmao Id there any other lil things you guys are in the game? I always liked being able to change system voices as well.

That's one of my favorite ways to play DOA. Just stick in random and have fun. As Mr. Wah said, it works the same in DOA 5.

ChrisArmoun

Very nice to know this feature is still included. To correct Mr. Wah though, DoA isn't the only game that does it. KoFXIII also randomizes stages and characters on rematch. If there are others I certainly don't know of them.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Very nice to know this feature is still included. To correct Mr. Wah though, DoA isn't the only game that does it. KoFXIII also randomizes stages and characters on rematch. If there are others I certainly don't know of them.
I had a feeling kofxiii had it but I could not recall in What way it did. I remember discussing the feature with my kof friend

Tenren

Souldnt that be how it works? you select random, repeat means everything under the same conditions, so random again. well anyway, thats how it works.
you would think so but most games dont. I fig it was in DOA5 but just wanted to ask. You be supirsed the let down playing another game when you have to spend 1min just going back to hit random again.

Why in God's name would you pick random at all¿
thats actually how I learned everyone. We played around on random match's for days on end. I have my 2 mains but feel comfortable with everyone.

Brute

Standard Donor
I pick random all the time for the same reasons. Probably pick random more than any specific character (probably only rivaled by Hayabusa/Ayane in 4, or Leon in 2).

synce

DOA4 random was hardly random though... I swear I got the same few characters every time. Kasumi, Kokoro, Bass, and every now and then someone else

Tenren

DOA4 random was hardly random though... I swear I got the same few characters every time. Kasumi, Kokoro, Bass, and every now and then someone else
for-real kokoro is like my best character but I never pick here lol, I get her on random like every other random

Brute

Standard Donor
For me it was Eliot and Lisa. Over and over and fucking over again.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I agree that the way DOA does random on rematch is pretty awesome. It should be standard for all fighting games.

For me it was Eliot and Lisa. Over and over and fucking over again.

I almost always got Bass.

I always liked being able to change system voices as well.

Me too. Anyone know if we can still choose from multiple system voices? I don't like the default one at all.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I always liked using the characters' voices, particularly Tengu, and Ryu.
Hilarious hearing them try to speak English.

Ha ha. Yeah, I use Tengu in DOA4 and DOAD. "Git readii, FIGHT-OH!". "Wiinnah!". "Duraw!"

I hope they still let you change it. If they do, and even include the system voices of the cut characters, I'm still going to be rocking Tengu's. I really doubt that the cut characters would have a system voice though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ha ha. Yeah, I use Tengu in DOA4 and DOAD. "Git readii, FIGHT-OH!". "Wiinnah!". "Duraw!"

I hope they still let you change it. If they do, and even include the system voices of the cut characters, I'm still going to be rocking Tengu's. I really doubt that the cut characters would have a system voice though.
I doubt it, but if Tengu's in there as a system voice, you can bet your bucks I'll be using him.

"Wiiinaahw!"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD