Official DC/MD/VA Thread

ookamunka

Chiming in here for Northern VA. Still pretty new to the series in general, didn't really play any of them until 4, and that lasted until the Evo that had it, so far loving 5 though!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
We've been getting a few players in at Xanadu in Baltimore every Wednesday. Hope more can come by to practice.

ookamunka

New job makes it hard for me to make the Xanadu weeklies anymore, but hopefully I can make this month's Monthly and will be glad to play with anyone who's there!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Odenton is a pretty far drive, I hope you are able to make it as well, if not then the monthly.

ookamunka

Lagstab - It's a game parlor type place just south of Baltimore. They play magic and fighting games there, with weekly tournaments on Wednesday, and a larger monthly tournament on a Saturday during the month. Most of the players focus on Marvel Capcom stuff for the most part, but you can find players for just about any fighter there. The link I posted above is the info post from SRK about this month's monthly tournament.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's owned and operated by some UMBC graduates who frequented the game room during their tenure. Back in the day of the GC/XB/PS2.

Lagstab

huh, when i get my car i should take a road trip down there, hopefully by then i wont suck ass at every fighting game i play

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm gonna come to Xanadu tomorrow, I think it's time for me to get more involved in both the DOA and VF community

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm here to say this: We may not be a big community like Marvel, Street Fighter, or Tekken, but we need more DOA players to come down to Xanadu and level up. If you want to support your games, you gotta show up and prove it. Talk and trade strategies, take serious ass-whoopings, do whatever. Bring your setups, they aren't gonna set things up for you.

Yea, this is the same message I'm sending to both VF and DOA communities of the DMV area.

Paranoiac

I always end up having to miss out, but I'll try to be at Xanadu for the monthlies, and if I can swing it some Wednesdays as well. I can bring my system and DoA 5 as well. Need that real life practice so I can stop sucking.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Stay tuned to the tournaments board for events in your area. There's some in northern virginia and baltimore from time to time.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Every wednesday a small group of us meet up at Xanadu Games in Baltimore from 6pm-Close (midnight-ish) to play.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD