Official DC/MD/VA Thread

N0rdicNinja

While they've never been big on forums (don't think I've ever seen them post on a single one before), 2 very close friends of mine who competed/practiced with me back in the DOAU days are also eager and hopeful for DoA5. Any events I go to they will almost certainly be with me. You've actually met one of them before Blackula, his name is Ghost, we often give him a camera so he can capture video at our events. =P

N0rdicNinja

Great games this weekend Sorwah! We NEED to go over there Blackula! You need to try this build, fuck the Alpha demo! XD

UnD34D

Blackula, you should update first post to look like this -

[UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS]
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ae-11-19-2011-richmond-va-richmond-va.147095/

[UPCOMING OR WEEKLY CASUAL SESSIONS]

ANYONE INVITED ONLY POSTED HERE!

Replays Weekly Wednesday Gatherings-

2093 General Booth Blvd # 104, Virginia Beach, VA 23454-5917
(757) 427-9001 ‎

Wednesday nights starting at 7:00 PM - Midnightish.

This is a local gathering in a very relaxed environment for all fighting games including: SF4, MvC3, T6, KoF, MK, etc etc. Numerous setups and lots of competition. If you're playing fighting games competitively in Southern Virginia and not attending this, you have a problem!

Smaller tournaments run weekly. Bigger tournaments TBA at a later date.

Respect the venue and the employees, show some patronage when you can. Drinks and snacks available at the counter for convenience. Thanks and hope to see you there!

Event: Dsinnie's Troll Cave Casuals (Call ahead if you're not familiar with the parking situation)
When: Thursday and Saturday nights!
Where: Chesapeake, VA
Phone: 757-553-0750
Games: ST, MvC3, SSF4 or whatever!

Event: Blackula's Castle of Casuals!
When: Friday nights
Where: Chesapeake, VA
Phone: 860-710-2784
Games: MvC3/SF4/T6, BYOG welcome

[RECENT TOURNAMENT RESULTS]

[OTHER GREAT RESOURCES!]

[STICK MODIFICATION]

Ever want to have you stick work for every system under the sun? Have it Light up pretty colors? how about have it make really obnoxious noises whenever you hit buttons?

WELL YOUR IN LUCK!

Being from SOVA you have access the the best mod man out there Gummowned! NO SHIPPING! (unless your lazy!) just visit his thread here on SRK or you can even post a message up in here to get ahold of the man himself!

His thread is here!
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...modding-services-100-mc-imp2-rj45-mods.92759/
Or something equally helpful, and add like, a list of VA/DC/MD players.

N0rdicNinja

Hey Blackula, add Ghost and Dale to the NOVA list. They're not much for foruming but you can bet your ass I'll be dragging them with me as much as possible. =P

jaewonz

Add me to the Maryland players list please :)

Blackula and SoVa crew, do you guys come up to Mason whenever Jaguar (NoVa player, goes by "NOVADOJO" here and there) hosts Tekken/KOF for Saturday events? Let's run DOA5 there as well when it's released if it's not that bad of a drive for you guys.

Blackula

Blackula and SoVa crew, do you guys come up to Mason whenever Jaguar (NoVa player, goes by "NOVADOJO" here and there) hosts Tekken/KOF for Saturday events? Let's run DOA5 there as well when it's released if it's not that bad of a drive for you guys.

Jaewonz, I'm one of the admins for that group that runs the tourneys at GMU. Nordic Ninja and I plan on hosting DOA5 tournaments for our group when the game releases. :)

N0rdicNinja

You've never been to a Mason event I'm guessing? Blackula is a staple member of the Admin team that runs those events, with pretty much the sole exception of Tekken Blackula creates all the brackets and I run them. So you can bet your ass DoA will be run at Mason! =)

jaewonz

You've never been to a Mason event I'm guessing? Blackula is a staple member of the Admin team that runs those events, with pretty much the sole exception of Tekken Blackula creates all the brackets and I run them. So you can bet your ass DoA will be run at Mason! =)
Sick. I have been for KOF twice, but that is about it. I'm super excited for TTT2 and DOA5, we are going to see a lot more heads popping through.

Jae, check out this thread.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ks-2-the-runbackening-richmond-virginia.1106/

There's going to be a tourney in Richmond, VA in October. Robin has put me in charge of running DOA5 and VF5FS. There's also a good chance I'll be the one running TTT2 as well.
Thanks for the info sir. Robin is always trying to get us to come down for his events but they always fall on the most inconvenient weekends for me as of the past few months. Putting this one on my calendar early, lol. If the NoVa crew will be riding down there for this I will be coming down with RyRy and Jaguar 100%.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'll be bringing DOA5 tomorrow to Xanadu in Baltimore. Anyone else want to meet up and learn the game? And if so, which system would you prefer?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD