Characters Nyotengu changes/gameplay discussion

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

@deathofaninja. Divebomb at 5:11. She makes a cry very similar to Bankotsubo's when he did his divebomb in DOA4.

6P+K caused a bound stun on NH here, and appeared to be a sitdown stun on CH in her reveal trailer.

Counter strike 8K launches high enough to get an air throw on at least welter weight.

And it's cool to finally see the mask in action.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hmm. So 7KP does work after the generators on Scramble, but not the tank on Hot Zone, or the starry wall on The Show. Interesting.

And BT4K causes a bound stun, but it's probably a threshold thing.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Hmm. So 7KP does work after the generators on Scramble, but not the tank on Hot Zone, or the starry wall on The Show. Interesting.

And BT4K causes a bound stun, but it's probably a threshold thing.

I think you'd just need to dash in for the 7KP to work after those situations. I'm sure it's possible after the stage bounce in the clown stage, but you need to buffer the dash early. If not, then dash -> 1PP might work. Or maybe 6K.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I think you'd just need to dash in for the 7KP to work after those situations. I'm sure it's possible after the stage bounce in the clown stage, but you need to buffer the dash early. If not, then dash -> 1PP might work. Or maybe 6K.

Maybe. As I said before though, I'd assume she has better options than 7KP after those transitions anyway. 1P could be one of them.

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Someone please translate the description at 1:00, hopefully it says that ground throws are guaranteed.
Unfortunately, it's not really anything. The literal translation is kind of awkward, so I spruced it up a bit.

"OUTTAKES**
We couldn't do any actual outtakes.
(This picture is kind of funny, though.)"

** (Also means bloopers, deleted scenes, etc.)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Been trying to unlock Tengu in 4 to get to know that version a bit better before NT comes out. Do I have to beat Time Attack with default settings or can I just set each match to one round? If I actually have to beat the whole thing using the default setting with two rounds, then fuuuuuck that shit.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Been trying to unlock Tengu in 4 to get to know that version a bit better before NT comes out. Do I have to beat Time Attack with default settings or can I just set each match to one round? If I actually have to beat the whole thing using the default setting with two rounds, then fuuuuuck that shit.

You need default settings.

I'm sure you can find a 100% save somewhere though.

Another option would be to play DOAD, if you have a 3DS, as that version of Tengu is essentially the same as DOA4's.

Brute

Standard Donor
You do not need default settings. One round it.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Oh. Whoops. I don't know why I thought you needed default settings. Maybe you don't get costumes if it's not on default?

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh. Whoops. I don't know why I thought you needed default settings. Maybe you don't get costumes if it's not on default?
Yeah, you don't get costumes unless using default settings (though difficulty can be scaled up). But it's easier to spam through story mode one more time and do a one-round set of time attack to get a costume than doing two-round time attack. So even if you're multi-tasking, it's best to go oneround Time Attack.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD