New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotr9690

@lotr9690 Nothing against a general sexualization of the male characters, but to say the truth this time TN - with the only exception of Alpha - seems to want add only outfits appeared in the contest and maybe without neither switching them between the characters (I think possible that this can be an answer to the complaints received from the fans in their choices for the last Hallowen pack). Jacky didn't get too much designs in the first contest and this entry is almost identical to one of the outfits sent to them: I really think that they simple decided to use the design that they liked more, not to act deliberately for sexualizing Jacky or the guys of the roster.
I think that you are correct! Either way I encourage anyone who... enjoys these outfits to tweet TN and say something like "Thanks for the hunky outfits for the guys" or something. Cuz... I mean...
tumblr_lygrc3XhAU1ronaoqo1_500.gif

Also @PhoenixVFIRE I agree with what you say! I just find Jacky's outfit sexy; that's not to say that his outfit is inherently sexy. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. You made some great points.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I just discovered that exist very similar male thermal shrugs (I made a rough translation, I don't know the technical name in English) done exactly with this shape, with the function to relieve muscle pains:

315_1.jpg

316_1.jpg

Of course I could be totally wrong, but a possible supposition of mine is that the designer got inspiration from it (something that effectively could be related to a martial artist), for creating a fashion outfit. Liking it or not, if the process was really this I make all my congratulations to him, it's really a proof of creativity.

I suppose it could be functional fashion after all or maybe TN thought of basing it off from that image.

But I don't understand why female fanservice is hated but manservice not only welcomed but encouraged. Just look at how much praise the movie Magic Mike received but Sucker Punch was lambasted. Maybe it's a western thing?

My friends and I used to play DOA back in the day and we would just laugh at the bouncing boobs/maid costumes, shrug it off, and enjoy the game. Now everyone seems to slip into the "riot of the blood" mode when the see stuff like this lol. I just wish people would have more of a "les a fair" attitude like the Japanese when it comes to things like this.

Like many people told you earlier, there's an excessive influx of fanservice costume in almost every female character thus why people get fed up and lower expectations because they're being given the same thing over and over again which is not something excitable for those who wants something else. (i.e. original/unique costumes, throwbacks, manservice, etc.).

Fanservice has always been in DOA since the first game but unlike now (where maid/nurse/cop costumes and PE uniforms are being slapped on random female characters), previous DOA games specifically made the fanservice costumes fit each female character's style and personality.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Fanservice has always been in DOA since the first game but unlike now (where maid/nurse/cop costumes and PE uniforms are being slapped on random female characters), previous DOA games specifically made the fanservice costumes fit each female character's style and personality.
^^^This.
(gives le trophy)
"lol let's slap a cop costume on Kasumi and get da bling blingz"

Tyaren

Standard Donor
(sighs) Couldn't they have at least given Honoka a unique pair? :/

View attachment 8499
Unique pair of glasses. Get your head out of the gutter guys!

Marie Rose's are more rounded, I think. But yeah...for some reason they didn't bother too much, to make Honoka at least a slightly unique character. It's like they are trolling on purpose. Same face as Marie Rose, super lame default costumes, ripped off fighting system and huge boobs, which they are ridiculing themselves with cow print overalls and shirts reading "milk".

David Gregg

Marie Rose's are more rounded, I think. But yeah...for some reason they didn't bother too much, to make Honoka at least a slightly unique character. It's like they are trolling on purpose. Same face as Marie Rose, super lame default costumes, ripped off fighting system and huge boobs, which they are ridiculing themselves with cow print overalls and shirts reading "milk".

I like that they're making her a "joke" character in a way though. Her opening tag line with Marie Rose in JPN (thanks again @werewolfgold for the translation) is, "Can I borrow your chest?" so that she won't have massive sweater puppies smacking her in the face when she fights. And her being unaware of the irony of wearing cow-themed clothing and saying ambiguous lines like "Why am I...so hot?" is TN poking fun at themselves with their cast of "innocent" young women.

Last edited:

Argentus

New Costume for Jacky!!!

Team Ninja going all out with the male fanservice. XD
One I'm straight but I'm all for that.

But secondly I seriously feel like I already have that outfit for Mila with the cops dlc.

I'm "Meh" on it. I'll never use it myself, but I won't fly into a rage at the sight of others using it like most of her DLC.

Dante would not be proud.

BELTS!
latest
Please, Dante's an amateur.
BEEEELLLLTTTTSSSS!

FFX_Lulu_Art.png

Gargoylemon.jpg

10258864_520500521387371_1796049041207690104_o.jpg

lol when I tried to look up that last one, it gave image results as random doa pics and random old pics from my deviantart that arent doa related.

Last edited:

Boogie

i get what the jacky outfit was trying to accomplish and im not complaining. i just think there was some oversight on the designers behalf and maybe should've drawn a back reference, tho you would think TN would be smart enough to google an example?

jacky's shirt look more of a resemblance to
stock-photo-young-fashion-man-with-t-shirt-pulled-over-his-neck-revealing-defined-muscles-while-looking-into-143094739.jpg

baggier and what not, the back should look like a hood. insteaddd...it....looks like............he tried on his little sisters shirt and see if it would fit and got caught in a fight with mila in the streets. im not complaining tho, the more abs the better. mila has a booty now. did anyone notice that? they enhanced her ass o.o

DoA 6 = Booty physics!

while im on the subject, i think the men should have chest physics. could you imagine the hilarity of their pectorals bouncing after a fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD