New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

So many gay people here.

A good occasion to share this idea.
That's simple, if you like the idea, retweet. If you don't care, that's fine.

(The editing is so bad, the heads looks terrible sometimes, I'm sorry, and I couldn't get something for Bass/Gen Fu/the ninjas). :)

im giggling, that's so cute lmao

Reactions: J2S

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A good occasion to share this idea.
That's simple, if you like the idea, retweet. If you don't care, that's fine.
(The editing is so bad, the heads looks terrible sometimes, I'm sorry, and I couldn't get something for Bass/Gen Fu/the ninjas). :)

If you want more of this:

lowpoly.png

...sure, why not? >.>

Lol, I think this model's legs have already more polygons than Hayabusa's in the Fighter DLC. XD

Chapstick

I looked at the Momiji costumes and I'd really like the blue kimono as it not only looks nice on her, but I always wanted to see her in a kimono.

Hopefully that one gets in.
Would work great as a tag outfit with Kokoro and Kasumi and it's already made so idk why they never put it in.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but it appears as though with Nyotengu's stolen cheongsam they put the texture that's on the arms of her kimono on it.

werewolfgold

Mila's only goal is to worship Bass. Ayane's goal is to sleep with her brother before her sister can. Hitomi's goal is to sleep with Ayane's brother. Christie's goal is to serve Donovan. Helena's goal is to get the head ninjas to fix her problems for her. Leifang's goal is to get Jann Lee's attention. Tina's goal is nothing (until she decides to be a Mayor simply to ellicit a response from Bass). Kokoro doesn't have a goal. Lisa has too many goals. Kasumi's goal is to kill Alpha.
To be fair, Tina wanted to be governor.

And I just want all of the characters to look of comparable quality. Favoritism in that regard is dumb at this point. If there was some kind of limitation and decided to prioritize the females...well, okay. But, then that limitation really shouldn't exist anymore. Upping the tessellation, spending an extra half hour in Z-brush, and using higher resolution textures for the male characters wouldn't kill them.

KwonJigglypuff

I think what drives Kokoro is a certain sense of compassion and her curiosity for the world. It's actually pretty strong for a young girl in our world.

Problem in DOA5 is that she looks like a dunce, her storyline with Helena is the same as in DOA4, and she didn't win any fight during the tournament. I like her personality on paper (she's a modest girl who likes to play the piano, it's me when I was 10), but I just hate her role in that game. They totally ruined her potential.

If something, she needs her pianist/artist costume from DOAD, she actually looked smart and talented in this one. That's what she's supposed to be.

Brute

Standard Donor
To be fair, Tina wanted to be governor.
Whoops. My bad.

I do wonder if every character will be getting a fan costume "on the disk" in LR. Aside from the Nyotengu situation, it also makes me wonder about Raidou and the new girl (particularly the latter). They have given fan designs intended for a different character to other they felt was more fitting, so they might give Raidou and the new girl one(s) as well.
Just a thought.

lotr9690

@KwonJigglypuff I totally agree here. In DOA4 she reminded me of a character you would find in the SMT Persona series. I love those guys. But.. perhaps she suffered a traumatic traffic accident where she lost half her brain? Or TN got laaazy. Either way, if there is a DOA6 I want them to focus on the story and personality a bit more.

Can anyone tell me how many (if there are any) Cyborg Raidou recolors? Are they all different meshes or do they double up. It sounds really lame... but I can't remember if there is a lot of variation from what we've seen already? I hope they open a contest for the two new characters even if it causes some more drama. I loved the contests. Even if I didn't like what fans made, fans were participating. And that's the kind of idea I want to support.

Oh and I don't want to bring this up but... what the heck. Costume select in story mode. I would like that back. Sure story mode is RIDICULOUS but when you're bored... you know what's less boring? Story mode with a bunch of crazy costumes.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

@KwonJigglypuff
Can anyone tell me how many (if there are any) Cyborg Raidou recolors? Are they all different meshes or do they double up. It sounds really lame... but I can't remember if there is a lot of variation from what we've seen already? I hope they open a contest for the two new characters even if it causes some more drama. I loved the contests. Even if I didn't like what fans made, fans were participating. And that's the kind of idea I want to support.

Oh and I don't want to bring this up but... what the heck. Costume select in story mode. I would like that back. Sure story mode is RIDICULOUS but when you're bored... you know what's less boring? Story mode with your costume.

We only have two colors : regular black & white.
Agree with a costume selection for story mode. It would give that mode more replay value.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think what drives Kokoro is a certain sense of compassion and her curiosity for the world. It's actually pretty strong for a young girl in our world.

To me Kokoro always came across as brattish, short tempered, sarcastic and a troll. I always had that feeling... And I was finally sure of that, when Jann Lee threw her the nunchucks, she pretended to catch them, but then pulled back her hand and when the vase shattered said: "Why did you do that for? o . O"

If she is indeed meant to be a nice, compassionate girl, TN is doing a horrible job portraying her as that. XD

Brute

Standard Donor
Kokoro has always struck me as exceptionally vapid. Her outfits always feel (perhaps appropriately) empty and uninspired, in addition to her general appearance, movements and attempted personality.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Kokoro has always struck me as exceptionally vapid. Her outfits always feel (perhaps appropriately) empty and uninspired.
Her voice actor has a history of voicing a handful of vapid characters... that's probably why you get that vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD