Mortal Kombat thread.

Argentus

Yes however who really knows who they are outside of people who played those games? No one really. Tremor is requested a lot and he has not ever been in an MK fighting game. It the choice of the developers so if Ed Boon doesn't want a certain character in than they will not be in. Honestly the new characters in MKX are way better than the ones in games like MKDA and MKD. If there happenens to be a trailer for a character like Kabal people will be hyped as he one of the most iconic MK characters. If a trailer was released for someone like say Hsu Hao no one will care lol. Good thing Ed Boon said he wouldn't be in. He was horrible.

Havik, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, is mainly what you will see from the 3D MK games. Quan Chi and Shinnok too of course but they were also in Sub Zero Mythologies. Some characters have potential but they probably feel it best to create a completely new character for the series which I think is a great move and glad to see them doing new things, although not big fan of the new MK characters aside from Kotal Kahn, but they are great additions to MK.

If Nitara were to be in the next MK game, it might be best for them to get rid of the wings, and completely change her moveset similar to like Kenshi who use to be called the Ermac rip off. I think that one problem that many people have had with MK characters from 3D MK games because a lot were unoriginal and rip offs of certain characters. I mean look at Kobra he basically Ken Masters lol.
Why get rid of the wings though?

I wouldn't mind if they focused more on her manipulation or gave her shadow powers or something but keep the wings lol.

And on hsu hao you'd be surprised. He coulda pulled a Raiden and been revamped into a total badass, akin to Clark from kof or Alex from sf.

Sides Kano was turned into hsu hao so there's that too?

Gurimmjaw

Why get rid of the wings though?

I wouldn't mind if they focused more on her manipulation or gave her shadow powers or something but keep the wings lol.

And on hsu hao you'd be surprised. He coulda pulled a Raiden and been revamped into a total badass, akin to Clark from kof or Alex from sf.

Sides Kano was turned into hsu hao so there's that too?

Idk but I think she would look much better without the wings. Her concept not bad at all, and MK needs a vampire type character.

There is no hope for Hsu Hao he just bad way too bad. His design is just bad. Worst MK character ever created next to Mokap lol.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
So the brutalities in MKX are going to be more like astral finishes and less hilarious stupidity?
I always thought those were so bad it was good.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
you really shouldn't post stuff like that without proper context. that's from a person on gamefaqs that's more than likely talking out his ass

Argentus

Idk but I think she would look much better without the wings. Her concept not bad at all, and MK needs a vampire type character.

There is no hope for Hsu Hao he just bad way too bad. His design is just bad. Worst MK character ever created next to Mokap lol.
Maybe instead of them always being outstretched, cloak around her as a shoulder mantle when not in use, gargoyles style? Oooh imma draw that :)

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I always felt like the last MK game's story was missing something. Button prompts to interrupt the entertaining, cheese filled story and fighting scenes! Oh boy, I can't wait...
For fuck sake.... Someone scourge this piece of shit mechanic out of games please... or at the very least make it optional, whenever possible, and the mechanic isn't too engrained into, or the focus of your game.
The button prompts ARE optional if you want to see the character get their ass kicked you can let them. It has 0 effect on the plot however.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
WHERE DID PEOPLE GET TALION FROM? Oh man I would main him in a heartbeat despite how it probably wouldn't happen at all.

Derga

The button prompts ARE optional if you want to see the character get their ass kicked you can let them. It has 0 effect on the plot however.

I don't really see how they are optional. I mean, sure if you assume I want to watch the chapters character get hit like a Piñata throughout the cutscene.

So yes, optional, but only in the worst possible way. And the prompts would still show up in any case, interrupting and slowing the scene down like like Russian Chiropractic said.

I'm still looking forward to the game, but this is one thing I don't think the game needed. Ymmv on this issue of course, but personally I detest QTE's with a passion, and to see it creep into MK's story mode is all sorts of dissapointing.

Edit: removed crappy info from shitty videogame news site.

Last edited:

CFW

Apparently this is the rest of the roster and their character descriptions. There are spoilers in here so we careful before entering.

Sub-Zero - both brothers. Each have seperate chapter in story mode. Kuai is after Sektor and restoring Lin Kuei. Bi-Han is after Quan Chi.
Scorpion - Undead Spectre. After learning the truth about his clan his mission is to kill Quan Chi.
Kitana - Back from the dead. Neutral. She is against Kotal Kahn, Mileena and Raiden.
Quan Chi - Evil mastermind. His plan is to summon Balor who will help him ressurect MK champion Liu Kang as his revenant.
Kung Lao - Back from the dead. Cousin of young archer Kung Jin. He raised him.
Reptile - Kotal's ally. Loyal to everyone who has power to restore his kind.
Ermac - at first Kotal's ally, with story progress turns evil. Has Shao Kahn's soul.
Kano - Black Dragon clan leader. Has his own agenda, unwittingly helps both sides.
Raiden - Earthrealm protector. This time Raiden must help new generation of Special Forces.

Revealed Newcomers :
D'Vorrah - Kotal's right hand. She got eventually enough of his politics and betrays him.
Ferra/Torr - Deadly duo from realm merged with Outworld long time ago.
Kotal Kahn - New emperor of Outworld. Wise and strong leader. Dethrones Mileena.
Cassie Cage - Sonya Blade's and Johnny Cage's daughter. Leader of new Special Forces unit. Cocky like father and stubborn like mother. In love with Takeda.
Takahashi Takeda - mild-mannered new member of Special Forces. Cassie Cage's love interest. Son of Kenshi and Hanzo's apprentice.
Jacqui - daughter of Jax and new member of Special Forces. Shares personality with her father.
Kung Jin - Young cousine of Kung Lao. He treats him like father and mentor.
Erron Black - Mercenary from Earthrealm and Sonya Blade's father. He is founder of Black Dragon. Real name : Salazar Blade.

Takahashi Takeda - mild-mannered new member of Special Forces. Cassie Cage's love interest. Son of Kenshi and Hanzo's apprentice.
Jacqui - daughter of Jax and new member of Special Forces. Shares personality with her father.
Kung Jin - Young cousine of Kung Lao. He treats him like father and mentor.
Erron Black - Mercenary from Earthrealm and Sonya Blade's father. He is founder of Black Dragon. Real name : Salazar Blade.

Unannounced returning characters :
Mileena - only living heir of Outworld throne. Becomes Empress of Outworld but quickly dethroned by Kotal Kahn.
Shinnok - fallen Elder God and Netherrealm ruler. When QUan Chi retreats with his allies, Shinnok is defeated by combined strenght of Johnny Cage, SOnya Blade and Raiden during Netherrealm War and imprisoned in talisman.
Fujin - God of Wind. His mission is to spy Quan Chi and inform Elder Gods of his plan.
Liu Kang - Back from the dead by Quan Chi's magic. Now scarred and seeking revenge. Final boss of the game. Has only 2 variations - Boss form and regular form that can be playable after you unlock him.
Kenshi - Blind swordsman and father of Takeda. Member of Special Forces. Works with Johnny and Sonya. Later he helps Scorpion.
Jax - Back from the dead. Father of Jaqueline. Special Forces head-figure.
Sonya Blade - Wife of Johnny and mother of Cassandra. Her relations with family are hard. she is major of Special Forces now.
Johnny Cage - Husband of Sonya and father of Cassandra. Former movie Star, now second-in-command Special Forces officer and after Netherrealm War Earthrealm Champion.
Rain - Edenian Demigod almost killed by Kotal. He's back to revenge his failure. Major ally to Mileena's rebel army.
Baraka - General of Tarkatan's army. Mileena's ally. He is leading his race to war against Kotal's Outworld army in Civil War.
Reiko - At first Mileena's ally that want to eventually betray her but after his plan flop he decide to take Outworld throne by himself using his mastermind.
Frost - Cryomancer from Earth. Orphan. She finds her way to Outworld via portal where she mets younger Sub-Zero and becomes his apprentice and Lin Kuei member. Rival to Cassie Cage.
Shang Tsung - Back from the dead. Has new body now. More of anti-hero now. Kenshi's rival.
Noob - Dark entity. After events of Mortal Kombat (2011), It is separated from elder Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) by Soulnado. Has new form, isn't ninja anymore.
Sektor - Grandmaster of Lin Kuei. Later attacked by younger Sub-Zero and defeated. After that he escapes and forms his own clan.

Unannounced newcomers :
Balor - supernatural being. New character in series inspired by Irish mythology. God of blight. He is called as blood demon. New Sub-boss.
Hanzo Hasashi - Scorpion's human form. He regained control over his body after Netherrealm War and intense training with his friend Kenshi. True mentor of Takeda.

Unlockable characters:
Shang Tsung
Shinnok
Noob
Liu Kang
Hanzo Hasashi

And there are said to be the dlc characters and NPCs. Also extra info

Pre-order DLC
Goro - He is founded and healed by QUan Chi after he lost to Kotal. He is now his loyal servant.

DLC (kombat pack)
NRS are making DLC's in order. So if they don't finish 1st character they don't start another. Jason is now revealed.
My friend only heard rumours about that.
1st was movie guest character - and we know it is Jason. Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th remake. They can't use Jason X (uber Jason) or anything from old movies as variations unfortunately.
2nd and 3rd characters will be characters that are spotted in-game, so either cameo or NPC. Most likely popular characters that are dead like Kabal, Jade , Cyrax or Smoke. Strong rumor about Tremor. Devs are impressed by his fans.
And finally fourth and last DLC character from 1st kombat pack will be another guest character. It's either game or movie. Could be Talion from Shadow of Mordor or Predator. Maybe something else but this two are talked the most.

NPCs and cameos or mentioned in-game:
Cyrax, Bo Rai Cho, Smoke, Li Mei, Havik, Kintaro, Sheeva, Sindel, Stryker, Nightwolf, Moloch, Tanya, Kai, Skarlet, Shao Kahn and basically almost everyone with few exceptions :p

Liu Kang is not regular MK boss. He hasn't cheap damage. He is very comboable and fast. He can basically string almost everything. On highest difficulty level one mistake and you can take very long combo.
Balor is said to be VERY BIG, probably the biggest character ever in MK. Torr or Goro are said to be small compared to him.
Words are that arcade ladder is Liu Kang boss form at the top, next is Balor and then is Shinnok who is replacing Shang Tsung in this role, then regular fighters, amounts depends on difficulty.

Funny, but confirmed fake.

Me want Kasumi

fotoam17031wvq38otj2y.jpg

fotoam17031ehc3twlidn.jpg

fotoam17031gyaj2i7her.jpg

fotoam170316shu5wpf1g.jpg

fotoam17031omh1pne8gz.jpg

Last edited:

Pink Nitro

"Hey, have you seen Cassie's new picture?"
"No, why?"
"It's hella cute, it's her and her dad"