Mortal Kombat thread.

Argentus

Can someone ask boon What he has against Nitara anyway? I know he plays favorites, but I'm curious why he outright doesn't like her. (He only gave a straight "NO" when asked if she would be in mkx.)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
lets take a re-look at the story trailer shall we? i want to discuss the likley hood of rain, baraka, and Fujin

boon said there would be 5 reveals in it we have:
Kung Jin
Jaqui
Takeda
Mileena
Erron Black

except now its confirmed that 3 others that were in that trailer were confirmed as well:
Shinnok
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade

Boon said 5 reveals, but he didn't say "only 5" and when asked to specify he replied back "sure are a lot of NPCs in that trailer" and he was right there were a lot of NPCs, in fact there were armies of them. nearly every character that appeared in that story has been confirmed playable now and they all have altered appearances. even when Kitana and Sindel are fighting you can clearly see Kitana has a new costume, same goes for Jax in his evil form. this implies that if you have a new costume you'll be playable.

Rain and Baraka both have this requirement infact Rain has one better in that he almost died in the comics. keyword is "almost" unlike Hsu Hao who was instantly killed Rain was kept alive because Boon wanted him in MKX for some reason and their is typically only one reason you want someone in your fighting game.

Another thing of note is this isnt MK4, Fujin isnt needed yet why is he here?

TL;DR i predict Rain, Funjin, and Maybe Baraka to be playable.

oh also pretty sure the Frost pic is legit, as ugly as the pic is it matches the quality of this video

that took forever to type up, time to binge more Hunter x Hunter till 3pmCST

Argentus

Predator > Jason. That is all.
Please.

Danny Glover > Predator.

They should a had Mr glover in mk.

....thank god Jason isn't in Senran Kagura or DOA. He'd one shot most of the cast because horror icons auto kill sexy teens.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
He'd one shot most of the cast because horror icons auto kill sexy teens.
10f1b696a2d76c11cf9594b6c285ba2d07cfde101bd5f28555591025b2263f39.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i hate these streams so fucking much its not even funny, they are easily the least efficient way to give info or build hype. go back to the goddam character trailers i beg you!

Gurimmjaw

Can someone ask boon What he has against Nitara anyway? I know he plays favorites, but I'm curious why he outright doesn't like her. (He only gave a straight "NO" when asked if she would be in mkx.)

I do not think Ed Boon plans on most 3D MK characters returning except a few and the few are really popular like Kenshi unlike characters like Nitara, Drahmin, and Mavado.Nitara was never well received by MK fans and found her design a bit bland. This not only character Ed Boon strictly said no to. He said samething to Drahmin. It quite clear he has no plans for a lot of MK characters from the 3D MK games to ever return.

Argentus

I do not think Ed Boon plans on most 3D MK characters returning except a few and the few are really popular like Kenshi unlike characters like Nitara, Drahmin, and Mavado.Nitara was never well received by MK fans and found her design a bit bland. This not only character Ed Boon strictly said no to. He said samething to Drahmin. It quite clear he has no plans for a lot of MK characters from the 3D MK games to ever return.
Wasn't Kenshi not liked at all either until he was revamped into a Jedi for mk9?

Honestly its a shame because

A) the characters in mk9 and mkx are overhauled to the point that any prior appearances appear to be unrelated characters so saying "they weren't popular before" seems like a shallow excuse when they'd obviously be completely different like everyone else.

B) the 3d characters actually show a lot of potential. Like even Drahmin could work to be a badass, same with Hsu Hao, its just that they are in really shitty games lol. Nitara though, the wings and blood gimmicks could have been amazing in the new games (basically if Skarlett could fly and bite like Mileena)

Banana56

Jason seems like he would be cool to play as. Can't wait to see how he plays in MKX.

Btw, can we comment on how beautiful Sonya is now? She is gorgeous
JohnnySonya_InChopper.0.jpg

Gurimmjaw

Wasn't Kenshi not liked at all either until he was revamped into a Jedi for mk9?

Honestly its a shame because

A) the characters in mk9 and mkx are overhauled to the point that any prior appearances appear to be unrelated characters so saying "they weren't popular before" seems like a shallow excuse when they'd obviously be completely different like everyone else.

B) the 3d characters actually show a lot of potential. Like even Drahmin could work to be a badass, same with Hsu Hao, its just that they are in really shitty games lol. Nitara though, the wings and blood gimmicks could have been amazing in the new games (basically if Skarlett could fly and bite like Mileena)

Yes however who really knows who they are outside of people who played those games? No one really. Tremor is requested a lot and he has not ever been in an MK fighting game. It the choice of the developers so if Ed Boon doesn't want a certain character in than they will not be in. Honestly the new characters in MKX are way better than the ones in games like MKDA and MKD. If there happenens to be a trailer for a character like Kabal people will be hyped as he one of the most iconic MK characters. If a trailer was released for someone like say Hsu Hao no one will care lol. Good thing Ed Boon said he wouldn't be in. He was horrible.

Havik, Kenshi, Bo Rai Cho, is mainly what you will see from the 3D MK games. Quan Chi and Shinnok too of course but they were also in Sub Zero Mythologies. Some characters have potential but they probably feel it best to create a completely new character for the series which I think is a great move and glad to see them doing new things, although not big fan of the new MK characters aside from Kotal Kahn, but they are great additions to MK.

If Nitara were to be in the next MK game, it might be best for them to get rid of the wings, and completely change her moveset similar to like Kenshi who use to be called the Ermac rip off. I think that one problem that many people have had with MK characters from 3D MK games because a lot were unoriginal and rip offs of certain characters. I mean look at Kobra he basically Ken Masters lol.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'd rather have Freddy back than get Jason. Freddy's a more interesting character, I think.

I'd also rather have the Predator rumor (which I think is bogus) be true than to get Jason, but I'd rather have an alien over a Predator.

Derga

I always felt like the last MK game's story was missing something. Button prompts to interrupt the entertaining, cheese filled story and fighting scenes! Oh boy, I can't wait...
For fuck sake.... Someone scourge this piece of shit mechanic out of games please... or at the very least make it optional, whenever possible, and the mechanic isn't too engrained into, or the focus of your game.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD