Message to Team Ninja: Please give us another way of getting those rare bikinis.

R4712-VR88

I feel that they should release them as paid DLC to make up for the vintage Mortal Kombat AI. Giving them away would be an insult to the people who "earned" them.

Totally agreed. It may seem like a cheap way out, but it sure feels better than spending hours learning how to play against the A.I. instead of Humans.

Female Tengu

Tinas and Christies are not easy, but doable.
The only problem is the button reading A.I. On the last 3 difficulties it's just insane. Worse than DOA4.
The really big problem is dealing with that A.I. in survival mode on legend difficult >_>

counter blow+
counter throw+
counter hold+
you can't do shit+

seriously...

Dave

well, i'd like to see another alternative way to unlock just because i am a completionist and i want all the achievements for the game. i simply cannot be bothered to sit there in legendary mode with that insanely frustrating a.i and try to win 400 rounds with or without using the cheap way. if i were to get almost all the way there and die by the damn instant holding and shit i would probably break my disc in half. :eek: it's crazy! i never got to 100 on dead or alive 4 there is no way i'm going till 400 on this game. no way in hell.

KwonJigglypuff

It is just impossible for me to get Lisa's bikini.

Got Christie's bikini without using Lei Fang's 1PK, got Christie with that trick.. but Lisa's one... is just... stupid and not even fun.

Lobo

It's 400 because you have to do the 3 courses before it just to unlock Legend. And those are just as hard/annoying, and need 100 wins.

Megawarrior

Just release a unlock code as dlc and I'll gladly pay for it. Legend difficulty is simply not fun or rewarding to me.

I also don't want to pay for a new ps360 because I threw it out the window because gen fu destroyed me at 97 wins.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
What'd I miss? Some drama in here and I have no idea why. I agree whole-heartedly that Survival is a bitch and a half, though. I honestly think Team NINJA and Tecmo are sick of my bitching about it by now, though. I gave them some suggestions and so have a few of the other guys around here that chat with them. Best we can do for now.

Found a new method that's much less stressful and lets me play sort of properly with Lisa though. Got 75 wins on my second try with it earlier but then had to head out to a movie.

Taken 2 was pretty awesome, by the way. Completely unnecessary, but awesome.

d3v

Having to play singleplayer to unlock stuff that you plan to use in multiplayer is dumb.

IMO, the only games that have gotten unlocking right this gen are SSFIV and Skullgirls.

For costumes/alternates SSFIV nets you unlocks just for playing a character in any mode (online, offline, doesn't matter). For characters, Skullgirls only locks characters for singleplayer modes, everyone is unlocked by default for versus and online.

thetruth

I hope the Admin or CyberEvil can get in contact with Team Ninja about this. The rare bikini should be got by beating Legend even with continues. For Lisa's maybe it can unlocked after using her 200 times in any mode.

Spamming Lei Fang helps in all but it's soul crushing when one cheap A.I fighter defeats you after working your way up there without continues. Lisa's completely turned me off from wanting to keep playing this game. This was really really really horrible thing you can do to gamers who have bought ever game from you for years.

Do we all agree this needs fixing?

Lol you wanna fap to the costumes that bad?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm trying to unlock all the costumes, but these ones are just a drag and not fun. Are there alternative methods of unlocking these?

edit: This is really unfun. Not worth it.

If its not fun don't do it. Stop bashing your heads against a wall trying to get a completely insignificant achievement that has no effect on the game that was put in on purpose as being extremely difficult for those of us who enjoy a challenge. I for one am enjoying attempting to unlock the costumes and figuring out tricks to beating the cheap ai. I also enjoy having a hard to reach goal for the game outside of just improving in versus. Now if they changed it so it was equally as hard to get but the method is different I would be all for it. It seems a lot of people would like that but we would still have entitled players saying they want it without the challenge. Oh and allowing continues is not the answer, that does not make it hard at all. Is contra a hard game with infinite lives? Of course not. No game is. So why do people think there should be a reward for beating legend when you have infinite continues?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I have all costumes from all DOA titles I own and there were usually alternative ways of unlocking content. People always ask for costumes when they play these games.

Redoing eight levels without losing a match is just boring.

NikkySan

I wish fighting games would go back to the old days of unlocking content, like racking up 10 hours of game time, playing 100 versus matches or picking a certain character 50 times.

Koor

Hey all. Just chiming in on the subject since i main Lisa and have been attempting the current requirement for her costume for a few days now. The main issue i have with this is that its set so much higher than Christie's/Tina's by light years. 400 wins total (when you include the required courses) just doesnt make much since when compared to Christie/Tina when they only need 8 wins a piece.

Im fine with them wanting to make the final costume the most difficult to get. Ok cool. But they could've gone with something around the same requirements as theirs but added more such as having to play and beat tag team in Arcade Mode AND Time Attack (can either require a specific tag partner or any character) on Legend mode/etc with no continues but you have to at least KO each member of the opposing team with Lisa. Or instead require you to have to beat them with a specific move like a tag-team throw. Anything could've worked to keep it difficult but nothing outrageous. IMO they dont have to go as far as making the costume purchasable as DLC if they would just rework the requirement for it.

Also, incase anyone is having trouble unlocking Christie and Tinas rare bikini's, i got them using Leifang and using her 1P+K. Worked insanely well aslong as i timed the attack properly. Keep just enough space between you and the opponent and watch for their movement. Never be in their face. Charge the attack when they're not on top of you, but if they manage to close the distance then tap the ability. Its good for avoiding incoming grabs and punches ( from what ive seen). Cleared both modes in just a few mins without much trouble at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD