Izuna Properties

Ricardo

and they can't low hold on the edge of Lost World either because of his new izuna so they might as well just take the damage because you don't want to hold when you're on the edge in stun vs ryu lol.

GodlyHades

NOOO!!! It just says "New Member" for many mysterious reason -_-. XD
Aka. The only one that can show my stupidity at 12 AM XD. LOL F U XD
I'm missing his guard breaks though...
Oh welcome to the forums buddy! Ive been playing since vanilla, and its nice to meet you.
Yeah me too but we live & learn right? I think he has new moves to counter-act with the guard breaks.

Brute

Standard Donor
For those who don't already know, both super-Izuna locations in Haunted Lorelei are +20 damage, making them the weakest of the cliff bonuses. Updated the first post to contain that info.

SilverForte

So you can't izuna off the railing on the top floor? Nor the 2nd floor railing? Only the roof and 3rd floor railing?

Brute

Standard Donor
Good news! I just tested the Haunted Lorelei stage and it seems it gives us +30 on NH and HiC. Maybe I messed it up initially, but I thought I was pretty thorough. Anyway, it provides the same bonus as Ends of the Earth and Flow.

Added the damage buff properties for doing an Izuna off of the raft's cliff at the waterfall section of the Flow stage.

Last edited:

cip

I've been watching Ballr4evr on YouTube and also Master of course. They are both insanely good Busas, but I wonder why they nearly always juggle after an Izuna throw/hold instead of using the command Izuna.

I know Master does full Izunas in tournaments and it is considered to be his signature move, but he juggles very often, even with the 80 Damage it does now on normal, which is more than a juggle does. Is it because they are afraid of messing up the input (seems unlikely, maybe because of lag?), because they are in the mindset of strikes or do they want to be closer to the enemy when they are down to keep up the pressure?

Brute

Standard Donor
Most likely the latter mixed with environmental hazards.

I do know that ballr has never shared the raging hard-on I have for Izunas. Master in vanilla would use juggles because they netted more damage. In Ultimate, he used to go for the Izuna->33P4->Shoho Izuna combo. I haven't seen him in any tournaments since that was removed in 1.04.

It should also be noted that holds from critical stun net less damage, so sometimes you get more damage raw from an Izuna juggle if you hold out of stun than you would from finishing the Izuna.

In general others don't use Izunas as the foundation of their gameplay yomi as I do. I only know a few Hayabusa players who like to integrate them on a play-by-play basis like I do, and I think it's because of the various risks involved trying to bait out all three types.

TLDR: I dunno. I'm an Izuna Whore for life, though.

SilverForte

So has anyone tried landing shoho juggles on slopes now that 33p4 shoho doesn't work on flat ground anymore? Maybe on a slope it would still.

Brute

Standard Donor
So has anyone tried landing shoho juggles on slopes now that 33p4 shoho doesn't work on flat ground anymore? Maybe on a slope it would still.
No, haven't tried that. But if I'm on a slope, I do still use 4K->Shoho as a post CB combo on lightweights.

SilverForte

66K-shoho works on flat ground, on lightweights at least, the timing is very strict however. On stages with boundaries that don't have walls it's a lot easier and works on middleweights as well, but the only stage I can think of with that is Zack Island.

Brute

Standard Donor
66K-shoho works on flat ground, on lightweights at least, the timing is very strict however. On stages with boundaries that don't have walls it's a lot easier and works on middleweights as well, but the only stage I can think of with that is Zack Island.
The Desert also has invisible walls.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD