Izuna Properties

Brute

Standard Donor
Does it miss entirely or do they just get knocked out of it? It would be strange if alpha was the only character you could get the full juggle on.
Typically, they get knocked right out of it. For some reason, though, doing it from 4K (like they tell you to do in the Alpha combo training) circumvents the issue. In fact, I can make the first "P" of the Shoho connect after 4K and it causes a small float, but the second P and throw miss afterword as he's already too low to the ground (thus: I can tell it isn't flipping him like it does from the other combos I try). Very strange.

SilverForte

So it's either one of two things: Either 4k grants some special property that lets you shoho, or only the shoho in ONG works in juggles. Next thing I'd try is 4k-shoho after an izuna launch and PL.

Brute

Standard Donor
So it's either one of two things: Either 4k grants some special property that lets you shoho, or only the shoho in ONG works in juggles. Next thing I'd try is 4k-shoho after an izuna launch and PL.
Seems to be something from the ongyoin version. By the time the 4K can connect on Eliot, he's too low to follow it up with a Shoho. I tried with 41236T and the PL this way, and neither worked. Thus I decided to try 2P+K->Shoho. This didn't work after 41236T, but it did work after a power launcher.

So, Power launcher->2P+K->P+K-PP(360)T does work, at least on Eliot's weight class.

SilverForte

Well that seems rather useless, you'd be better off just using a PB in that instance.

Have you tried 33p4-shoho yet? Maybe 66k-shoho could work on aerial opponents.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well that seems rather useless, you'd be better off just using a PB in that instance.

Have you tried 33p4-shoho yet? Maybe 66k-shoho could work on aerial opponents.
Just tried them both. They're just like the original combos I tried where the first "P" hits but he's too low to follow-up with the whole thing.

Another thing that kinda sucks is that with ceilings you can't do 41236T->Power Launcher->Shoho
If you try, they will flip over on the shoho

SilverForte

Booooooo.

Anyways, don't give up with the shoho juggles, they could require exact precision, who knows. Heck even try 6p+k4 after a launch.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah. I'll keep working to see what I can find, but right now it's 6:00 AM and I haven't slept all night, so I think I'll try to catch a little shut-eye.
If anyone wants me to test or check anything, just let me know and I'll look into it as soon a I can.

I haven't done many fights against actual players yet, but what I can say is that 33T is amazing. It may be 10 frames, but it feels much faster and people are so adjusted to ducking when they think you're trying to bait out an Izuna, you can catch people with it mercilessly. As long as you mix it up every now and then with the regular Izuna and CBs, you may find that the bulk of your damage is consistently coming from Izunas.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yeah. I'll keep working to see what I can find, but right now it's 6:00 AM and I haven't slept all night, so I think I'll try to catch a little shut-eye.
If anyone wants me to test or check anything, just let me know and I'll look into it as soon a I can.

I haven't done many fights against actual players yet, but what I can say is that 33T is amazing. It may be 10 frames, but it feels much faster and people are so adjusted to ducking when they think you're trying to bait out an Izuna, you can catch people with it mercilessly. As long as you mix it up every now and then with the regular Izuna and CBs, you may find that the bulk of your damage is consistently coming from Izunas.

You don't know how many times I raged during our fight today lol

If I stand you izuna me, if i crouch you izuna meh D:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I like his new "Look I'm Christie!" pose. That's the translation for what he's mumbling, btw. They just didn't bother with subtitles.

Brute

Standard Donor
Nothing is better than using Ryu in the Lost World map, and they counter.
Izuna drop.
*smirk*
K.O !
Mixed with the new 33T mixup, it is surely a thing to behold.

edit: Tag Izuna with Momiji (must be initiated by her) is 70 damage at i12. So nothing impressive there beyond the sick animation.

Last edited:

GodlyHades

Mixed with the new 33T mixup, it is surely a thing to behold.

edit: Tag Izuna with Momiji (must be initiated by her) is 70 damage at i12. So nothing impressive there beyond the sick animation.
Momiji is a pretty badass character to tag team. I don't remember the IGN but you remember that throw she does when she slides her legs onto your face (LOL) and she throws you in the air and she can juggle you? He switched to Ryu and did Shoho. It was impressive.

Brute

Standard Donor
Momiji is a pretty badass character to tag team. I don't remember the IGN but you remember that throw she does when she slides her legs onto your face (LOL) and she throws you in the air and she can juggle you? He switched to Ryu and did Shoho. It was impressive.
Momiji is like a faster, safer version of Ryu who has great jump mix-ups instead of ongyoin shenanigans, but lacks the awesome power of Izuna drops.

AkaShocka

Hm, is it possible to do Momiji's air grab thingy and Ryu's Izuna both in one tag combo? Or is that just impossible? Wait... nevermind its impossible.... Anyway I know you can do Ryu's Izuna in a middle of a tag combo, but can Momiji do hers?!?! o_O

Brute

Standard Donor
Hm, is it possible to do Momiji's air grab thingy and Ryu's Izuna both in one tag combo? Or is that just impossible? Wait... nevermind its impossible.... Anyway I know you can do Ryu's Izuna in a middle of a tag combo, but can Momiji do hers?!?! :confused:
I'd imagine so but it deals less damage than Ryu's so in that specific tag team I'd recommend against it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD