DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Do not you read what you type? I mentioned the roll from 6P because you did after she parries, you clearly spoke on it in your first sentence in your second paragraph. I am too lazy to quote right now lol.

Alright, though.

Allan, 6P3 leads into a spin, not a roll, lol. I know exactly what I said. You may know that Ayane is a good character, but you also haven't played a player that makes this character very dangerous. I have already played Shade Swifteye's Kasumi (and Hayate) and defeated him twice in a tournament setting in top 8 at SCR earlier this year.

You need to play me offline when we have a chance for such an encounter because you will not experience what Ayane is capable of until you do, I can guarantee that.

With that said, we will agree to disagree, which is perfectly fine.

Chapstick

I've seen some Kasumi players use P+K6KK/P6P6KK in juggles and I was wondering if there was a point to it. The kicks come out really slow.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I've seen some Kasumi players use P+K6KK/P6P6KK in juggles and I was wondering if there was a point to it. The kicks come out really slow.
It should work on all lightweights. Depending on the launch they get, even some cruiser. There's not really a point other than wanting to get the opponent to a certain part of the environment. You can get better damage from other combos. That combo was nice in DOA4, but with the float properties and her new tools in DOA5U, there's no point.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
P+K & P6P are good tracking tools that stops sidestepping commands. This got fixed in the recent patch which is good. P+K6K (or P+KKK) & P6P6K moves can launch the opponents, but you could also finish out the strings. I personally don't finish out the string (wouldn't even recommend it) & would either quick launch or aim for more damage. They both go into her hoshinpo dash so you could also use P+K6P/P6P6P or P+K6/P6P6 & buffer 236T or just T (33T).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapstick

I know it's a great tracking tool with options, I meant just as a juggle. Like I see people, usually good Kasumis, launch and then use P+K6KK or P6P6KK as a juggle and it's so iffy I just don't feel like it's worth using as a juggle. I guess it's just something leftover from 4 people decide to do as PMS said.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hmm.. Idk... I mean you could launch with the knee (P+K6K) for a juggle with a PP7K string series, as you can with P6P as a small critical level option. It's not a bad thing to take the small stun > launch but in that situation, I usually look for more damage with P+K or P6P since she has more she could do opposed to the stun > launch in that situation.

However if you're meaning like ppk6kk, then unless it's near the wall, no it's not worth it at all. Even then you have better juggles

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Hmm.. Idk... I mean you could launch with the knee (P+K6K) for a juggle with a PP7K string series, as you can with P6P as a small critical level option. It's not a bad thing to take the small stun > launch but in that situation, I usually look for more damage with P+K or P6P since she has more she could do opposed to the stun > launch in that situation.

However if you're meaning like ppk6kk, then unless it's near the wall, no it's not worth it at all. Even then you have better juggles
Pretty much. I can see P+K6K/P6P6K as a launch option only. After a launch it's pretty much useless aside from flare.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Bt 4p launcher with ppk6kk is decent damage. That's about the only time that I would probably use it which is near the wall since it's a good wall carry, but as I said before, still there are some that do more work.

Edit: from 9P & 7P. They probably use it thinking that it's flashy rather than going for what hurts the worst.

Tenryuga

Hoshinpo K isn't that good of a launcher; It's just there to provide mix-ups to her other hoshinpo options. After P+K or P6P you are better off free cancelling into one of her other launchers because P6P is putting you at critical level 2 anyway. P+KP / P6PP is also good near walls to mixup with the hoshinpo elbow though I prefer to get my damage ASAP with no extra guess work involved so I use 66P, H+K, and 9K as my wall tools during stun as well as some of her in string wall splats like 6P6K and 3PK.

phoenix1985gr

I use kasumi as a secondary, but since im not playing competitively and only online i havent spend the time to perfect the kk9k 6p+k9k6kk (i also have a rather odd button map having my free as a shoulder button and p+k at O so that doesnt help too) so my usual juggles are:
236T kk9k 6p+k, pp6p6k
and after cb i go for 33k 6k-k p+k6kk

Tenryuga

6K is unreliable against him period. P+K I believe has stance issues with his command SS. I forget if it's open or closed stance.

Chapstick

I'm not sure if this has been stated before, but Kasumi's 9PT is faster than 8T. 8T is 29f while 9PT is 18f (I think, it's hard to tell when the number switches so fast in the fight details) plus the 5f from the throw, adding up to 23f.

Just a little thing I found.

Codemaster92163

Hayate's 8/2P+K randomly dodges tracking moves. It's happened to me several times, so it's not a Kasumi only issue. It's just a Hayate issue xD

Chapstick

I use kasumi as a secondary, but since im not playing competitively and only online i havent spend the time to perfect the kk9k 6p+k9k6kk (i also have a rather odd button map having my free as a shoulder button and p+k at O so that doesnt help too) so my usual juggles are:
236T kk9k 6p+k, pp6p6k
and after cb i go for 33k 6k-k p+k6kk
6K PPKK is by far the easiest juggle from 236T, requires no timing or moving forward, works on almost everyone, and doesn't wall splat until the last hit. The slightest amount of slope in a stage screws it up though.

When I use that CB juggle I end it with 7K~6P+K~KK instead of P+K6KK

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
B7aSPf2.gif

Because H+K 2K 6P+K is not guaranteed ...

J.D.E.

Standard Donor

Every Kasumi player I've seen relies on that setup for what? IDK. It's inescapable though. It used to be a situational in vanilla, but now, I don't see the point in keep doing it when you have better options. That's what I be wanting to ask them. "What is it with that setup? Is it flashy? Does it look cool or something?" Because I can't think of any reason to go for it unless you have their respect for it to the point that you can bait them into the CB. Lmao

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
You never use it unless you wanna go for a mixup. 90% of players aren't good enough to escape it anyway. But if they are, I just go for 33T at the end. Everyone tries to hold it. If you use it, they have to react to it every time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD