DOA5LR Have an Xbox One? Play Last Round now!

DamianD1

Hi all I got the Xbox One Trial for DOA5 LR and I played about 4 hours 50 min and I unlocked the Danger Zone Stage and DOA 1 music and characters that had different music in the Paystation 1 version have both songs
biggrin.png
not sure what I did too unlock the DOA 1 music but I also got the warriors orochi 3 songs.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It appears that most of the actual content to upgrade the demo is not available as of yet so you can't buy characters or anything. This demo may also not be upgrade-able at all too. It pops up a Free Trial notice when the game is launched so this may be the free version you can't upgrade. Still quite feature rich, though.

Crimson is locked until you hit 20 matches played online which has thus far been a problem. Without the patch the game is clearly not running as intended for a few different modes. Throwdowns don't work so hot and I've mostly only had luck with Ranked, though there are a couple people on there clearly just boosting since they're ducking matches pre-release. xSa DarkCrimson in particular.

The dpad isn't as bad for me as most are saying but I likely use the dpad different than they do since a lot of the same people prefer the PS style pad and that actually hurts my thumb. Not dropping inputs on the Xbox One pad, including 33 inputs. Kind of like it. Seems like it's 60fps all the way through, intros and win/loss poses included. Since I never noticed an issue maybe @squarewindow can confirm that. Looks 60fps to me, though.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
@squarewindow Hey will I be able to play Honoka when it's finished downloading?
I'm afraid not. What Cyberevil said, pretty much. The trial is not upgradeable, and even if you could download Core Fighters (which is upgradeable), none of the additional content can be purchased at the moment as it's before launch day.
Seems like it's 60fps all the way through, intros and win/loss poses included. Since I never noticed an issue maybe @squarewindow can confirm that. Looks 60fps to me, though.
@CyberEvil If you are judging based on the free trial version then I'm afraid it's still 30fps.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm afraid not. What Cyberevil said, pretty much. The trial is not upgradeable, and even if you could download Core Fighters (which is upgradeable), none of the additional content can be purchased at the moment as it's before launch day.
@CyberEvil If you are judging based on the free trial version then I'm afraid it's still 30fps.
Have you checked it with a 60fps-capable capture device? I'm going based on my eyes here instead of busting out my HDPVR2 but it looks smoother to me than 30fps. Xbox One natively captures 30fps so I can't use that to compare.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
Have you checked it with a 60fps-capable capture device? I'm going based on my eyes here instead of busting out my HDPVR2 but it looks smoother to me than 30fps. Xbox One natively captures 30fps so I can't use that to compare.
I haven't, but I don't need to... my eyes are very sensitive to framerate due to years of obsessing... :)

Dave

I guess I'm impressed with what they've done. The lag though, is a mess. I'm aware its before release but still... tired of games needing day one patches to give things a 'chance' of working. It will still lag though, I'm sure of it. The stages look a lot better with the improved lighting. Not so washed out and bright making them look really ugly.

Ecko

Maybe its just me but I tried adding a few of you to my friend list and when I go to compare games all I get is a list of my games and I don't see dead or alive. I don't even see anyone's scores for each game or anything. It's like everything is locked.

I've been trying to get the game from squarewindow all night lol. Can someone try sending a game invite to gt: royal xreason

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD