Graphical Changes

Arnell Long

Yea, Hitomi from certain angles look good, although I personally like Hitomi better than Ayane, I feel her character model could be a bit more ironed out because overall I'm loving the realistic approach.

But by no means is Hitomi "ugly", that's like saying Katy Perry looks like Precious.

And damn, lets see some more characters already Team Ninja.

MrMoon360

MrMoon360: She doesnt even remotely look like an ordinary human being. Do you want her to look like THIS or something? If you followed the axiom "The closer to real and more ordinary the better" you would never have iconic characters like Mario, Yoshi, Link, Kirby, FF characters, etc. I like the direction they're going in with the game but I think Kasumi and Ayane are far nicer to look at rather than Hitomi. Maybe my edit wasn't good enough but I still think that stands. :)

You're simply exaggerating if you don't think her current form even remotely looks like a human being. C'mon.
You must live in a toy box.

I don't know why you went to some dark corner of the internet to find that picture of an example of "realistic". Why couldn't she have been an ordinary "beautiful" girl?
You're over analyzing what I'm trying to say. All those Nintendo characters you mention have never been spawned in this art direction. They have always been purposefully cartoony in their conception (disproportionate, colorful, etc.,). Final Fantasy has taken a turn toward realism, so I don't know what you mean there. Perhaps you're talking about the PSX and SNES days with 16 polygons or less?
Look at FF XIII, FF VII Advent Children, etc.,

MrMoon360: I can assure you those ears aren't an illusion, they stick out way too far.

What did you just do in your edit to "fix" her ears? Cover them with hair -- to fix the illusion of them being too large.
Yeah.

MrMoon360

I'm looking forward to how the VF girls are gonna look

Yeah me too.
Akira Yuki looks to have made a nice transfer.
Sarah Bryant would be DOA's first mentioned Tae Kwon Do practioner (although her art is mixed with other skills).
It would be nice to get a korean fighter, strictly wielding the TKD art.

PhoenixVFIRE

Yeah if DoA were to get a Tae Kwon Do fighter, I'd want him/her to be Korean :)

PhoenixVFIRE

So, I recently looked at some videos/footage of Dead or Alive 4 before it was released and footage on the demo for it. This makes me wonder how much more polishing, updating, additions, etc... could happen to Dead or Alive 5. Like even the characters looked noticeably different.
Kokoro: the creepy big alien head she originally had going on.
Leifang: face looked different in general.
Eliot: looked paler and face was a bit different.
Kasumi: never got that running wall slice move in one of the trailers.
No screen shake or dust clouds that happened for charge moves.
Bass's first costume had more soft puffy fluff(Lol?) around his neck.
How can you include Kokoro's kimonos in the trailer then NOT give us those costumes?
Alpha-152 had/has a move-set of nearly 500 moves(apparently? not sure since I'm not a hacker nor have the first clue on how those people messed around with Alpha's moves. I'll admit that it would have been cool to try out her extensive OPness and hear the expressions of people freaking out as they get destroyed online LOL.)

Why does it always seem like games get released with so many noticeable changes? Now, I do realize that Dead or Alive 4 did have a bunch of changes like right before the release and if I'm not mistaken there was an update after the game came out that changed/removed certain moves, example Ryu had a lot more guard breaks originally? Or did all that happen in the big changes before the release?

But anyways, I was just thinking about how different the game we are looking at could/will be at and after release.

Arnell Long

Well Phoenix, the difference between DOA4/DOA5 is that Team Ninja is keeping us close with the Development process of DOA5, unlike DOA4 which was a much better game right before release, then turned into something completely worse, then we sorta enjoyed 4.0, then here came 4.1 which further put sour tastes in our mouths.

So worry no more seeing as how TN has opening ears to our voices and from what I've seen as of late, they're listening and acting on our ideas quite effectively.

Now about characters facial, or overall visual changes is going to happen seeing as how the Demo we got with NG3 was about 15% or so complete, so it's safe to say we'll see some graphical changes in the actual character models come Sept, heck, possibly even E3.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
speaking of visual improvements and what not ..

can anyone provide me with high def. images of hayate and hayabusa in DOA5 ? like good still rips from the demo ?
either the select screen faces or the win poses / loss poses ..

i cant seem to find any anywhere ..

one for the DOA5 akira would be nice as well :D

x Sypher x

I just wanna say, for the record, DOA5 Akira is graphically superior to his VF5 model. AKA, he looks more badass. :cool:

x Sypher x

I thought the same, but who am I to judge?
I'm not a VF fan at heart.

Lol it's all good, your opinion matters too. ;) I'm can't really call myself a VF fan either, simply because I never devoted enough time to it. I still enjoy playing it though from time to time.

Doug Nguyen

Your redone Hitomi looks better but its just her eyes that dont match, should of kept it. But i like what you did with her lips and nose. And to the other comment, i agree, i hope we get more organic levels. Some outdoors in a green field or something.

Einzelkind

9zYPC.jpg

f8Ewg.jpg

9zYPC.jpg

Have fun.

Edit: The other ones are on facebook,too. Hitomi is missing. Getting her ears fixed maybe?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD