[Feb 25, 2013] Winter Brawl VII - The Madness($500 DOA5 pot bonus) (philadelphia, pa)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I love being within driving distance. Xbox 360 means I am a go. Please accept my monies as a charitable donation for I know I won't be winning, just participating.

Also, according to the schedule there, DOA 5 is just Saturday?

The HuBBs

Winter brawl update:

If you haven't got your rooms than your running out of time. 296 rooms gone already. 296 that's crazy we sold more rooms than last year at wb6 and we had 981 people there, can you say 1200 plus for wb7.

GAMING SLAVE J

I want to go but I'm worried, I practice on Xbox 360 and though I'm not unfamiliar with ps controllers its still seems to be a big disadvantage. should i bother, do I have options? Could I some how buy one of those iffy converters to play with my 360 controller or would that not be allowed

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I want to go but I'm worried, I practice on Xbox 360 and though I'm not unfamiliar with ps controllers its still seems to be a big disadvantage. should i bother, do I have options? Could I some how buy one of those iffy converters to play with my 360 controller or would that not be allowed

These are the current Tournament rules:

System: Xbox 360

Singles Tournament
Elimination: Double
Round Set: First to 3
Match Set: First to 2
Finals Match Set: First to 3
Life: Normal
Round Time: 60

Team Singles Tournament
Players per team: 2
Elimination: Single
Round Set: First to 3
Match Set: First to 1
Life: Normal
Round Time: 60 seconds

I should mention that this is assuming the v1.03a patch has been released for the 360.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
It's hosted on 360. They just never updated the front page details.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So if it isn't, we'd be playing on the broken PS3 patch version?

In short, I'm going to be using the latest version of the game available.

Oh, and the v1.03a comes out on PS3 on the 12th, WB is on the 23rd, so it would be the "patched patch" version.

If the 360 gets it before WB then I'll be having the system set on the 360.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Got some Bad news for you players, if you haven't book a room YOUR DONE LOL.

"sold out for Saturday night. So I would only have rooms on
Friday or Sunday. The Flyers are playing Winnipeg Saturday" from the sale person. :(

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm sorry to report that I'm being told the the lead event organizer wants DOA5 on PS3 regardless. So the event will be on PS3.

FuryofFrog

Honestly its better that it stays on the PS3 anyways. As far as I could tell bigegaming didn't put anything into telling people on their website that it was going to switch to 360 and the rest of the event is PS3 anywho. The only thing this would succeed in doing if the 360 thing went through is limited the rest of the crowd who brought PS3 sticks for the whole rest of the tournament. Good decision to keep the console ultimately.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ok players if you entering 2012, Umvc3, tekken tag 2, mk9, p4A and kof13, we will be taking registration for those games from 8am-12pm, after 12pm if your not in the line you will not be in the tournament SORRY.

This must happen this way for everything to run on time.

Remember you can pre-reg Friday night at the main ballroom door from 8pm - 11pm

SO IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE ALWAYS LATE, THAN YOU NEED TO PRE-REG ONLINE ASAP.

www.bigegaming.com

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ugh. And I was all excited to go too. Maybe next time.
If you're close by you can at least come by and play the players in casuals. There are players bringing xboxes to be played in their rooms.

Have some fun meeting the community, players, and enjoying the event itself.

Plus, there's food, and that's the main reason I attend.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD