[Feb 25, 2013] Winter Brawl VII - The Madness($500 DOA5 pot bonus) (philadelphia, pa)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
128 rooms gone so far, come on guys you don't want to miss this!

Looking forward to it. The Holiday Inn was a big improvement over the Sheraton.

Why is Persona 4 Arena free entry? That's odd. Even games like Arcana Heart 3 have $10 entry fees.

I believe it's KOF that's free entry, not sure if P4A is as well but I could believe it. My understanding is that it's been made free entry to make up for time running out on Sunday at NEC, preventing the two games from being streamed on the main stream.

splslick

128 rooms gone so far, come on guys you don't want to miss this!

I believe it's KOF that's free entry, not sure if P4A is as well but I could believe it. My understanding is that it's been made free entry to make up for time running out on Sunday at NEC, preventing the two games from being streamed on the main stream.
From what I read on Srk, they changed it so that P4A and KOF now play 5 dollars each

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Have to watch the flight the flight cost... This trip will make me or break me if I don't. It'll also determine my trip to Final Round..

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From what I read on Srk, they changed it so that P4A and KOF now play 5 dollars each

I could believe it. I would think making them free would overinflate the brackets and cause delays with a lot of early DQs in the tourney. Take it from me when I had to run the free entry DOA5 0.95 build at Summer Jam.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Another noob question here. I play on the 360. Word on the street is a 360 joystick isn't compatable with a PS3. Which I find to be retarded because it's a USB input, but I understand there are converters. Is it true that if put through the converter there is input lag? If so, I would find that unfortunate and don't feel like buying another stick for a tournament.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Another noob question here. I play on the 360. Word on the street is a 360 joystick isn't compatable with a PS3. Which I find to be retarded because it's a USB input, but I understand there are converters. Is it true that if put through the converter there is input lag? If so, I would find that unfortunate and don't feel like buying another stick for a tournament.

By default, yes, a 360 controller/joystick is not compatible with a PS3, and vice versa. You can have them modded at the event for $100 to work on both, and there are arcade sticks that are sold to work on both systems equally.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
By default, yes, a 360 controller/joystick is not compatible with a PS3, and vice versa. You can have them modded at the event for $100 to work on both, and there are arcade sticks that are sold to work on both systems equally.
*sigh* $100 is almost equivalent to buying a 2nd arcade stick. Looks like if this is hosted on a PS3, I'm a no go. I can't justify dropping another bill on something I already have. I'll keep an eye on this thread until a final decision is made for the platform.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The system currently isn't finalized but is currently PS3, so I'd keep an eye out for the event.

mcpeanuts

*sigh* $100 is almost equivalent to buying a 2nd arcade stick. Looks like if this is hosted on a PS3, I'm a no go. I can't justify dropping another bill on something I already have. I'll keep an eye on this thread until a final decision is made for the platform.
It's worth the investment to get your stick dual modded. This isn't going to be the last major tournament that's run on PS3.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Definitely not going to be able to make this. Bonus is coming in a later paycheck than I had planned and Uncle Sam needs more money from me. Final Round is almost guaranteed but this is just too soon unfortunately. I'll return to Philly again ASAP, though.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
These are the current Tournament rules:

System: Xbox 360

Singles Tournament
Elimination: Double
Round Set: First to 3
Match Set: First to 2
Finals Match Set: First to 3
Life: Normal
Round Time: 60

Team Singles Tournament
Players per team: 2
Elimination: Single
Round Set: First to 3
Match Set: First to 1
Life: Normal
Round Time: 60 seconds

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Of course you move to 360 at the tournament I can't make. Damnit.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just got some news from the holiday inn, there will be another event going on in the area the same weekend as wb7 and their rooms are selling out fast. Please book your rooms now. ASAP.

The HuBBs

Here is what's left per night at the holiday inn for winter brawl 7:

Friday feb 22nd---34 rooms
Sat 23rd--34
Sunday 24th---29

So please hurry up and book your rooms.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD