Do you think Team Ninja Has the balls to bring this game to events for testing 'in the wild"?

ShinMaruku

I thinka really nice way for them to do testing if they are too cheap to fly people out to Japan is to select some high profile events (Which the proper people. We can't trust SF people to help balance the game now can we?)and hear what people thing and talk to people there. (I definitely think they need a panel at evo)

DrDogg

I've very confident that DOA could appear at a major tournament before it releases. The problem is that the release date was pushed up a bit, so there really aren't many events between now and the release of the game.

You've got Evo and maybe IPL5 in the US. Everything else would probably come too early in the development cycle of the game.

However, you've got E3 coming up. A current build of DOA5 should be playable there, and Manny, Vanessa and sWooZie were at E3 last year (as was I). I'm sure they'll probably be back this year, along with myself. Plus, you have the feedback form on the site and thousands of people playing the demo. You can just take the demo to the next major and direct everyone to the feedback form.

DeeNixxle

They probably should. From what I have seen, they are listening to fans this time around, to some degree. The survey for the demo was a huge step forward. Next, would be bringing it to events, or just release the demo for everyone to download.

Game Over

The game needs to be at EVO, in some way, shape, or form. If TN seriously wants to draw tournament players, there is no better tournament spotlight than a showcase at EVO. It doesn't necessarily have to be on-stream, just at least setup at a booth for people to play. Word of mouth will spread like wildfire, particularly if it is seen as "solid" by various top players.

Reactions: d3v

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Big "if" there right now in it's current state. Sure, it's slightly improved from DOA4 but the biggest flaws that the FGC will take up with it are still there.

ScattereDreams

Perhaps they could do a live demonstration of new changes and, on screen play like Namco did for SCV at the last evo. Then they could have multiple booths of a newer build. Not the pre alpha >.> I'll only be convinced to go if there a newer build playable. Though i'm more likely to see that at E3 2012.

ShinMaruku

Big "if" there right now in it's current state. Sure, it's slightly improved from DOA4 but the biggest flaws that the FGC will take up with it are still there.
That is a good thing make the flaws come to them from a wide spectrum of people. These are people who should be able to take some criticism.

Game Over

That is a good thing make the flaws come to them from a wide spectrum of people. These are people who should be able to take some criticism.

Not like THIS Team Ninja will get some criticism and say "That's it!! Take everything OUT of the game!!! Just hit the buttons faster!!"

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
He got those craters defending japan from a hive of agitated honey bees.

Show some respect.

DR2K

They released the alpha build to the public, they've got bigger balls than any fighting game company ever. Which are too scared to even release demos. They should be sampling it to the FGC and the stream monsters.

Allan Paris

Getting players to play the game that know what they are doing and could give feedback to help them out in their development. SkullGirls is doing that, and people are very happy with the development of that game. The developers of that game are reaching out to actual players in tournaments. They are showing up to major tournaments and allowing them to play the game.

Who knows if TN will do that, I'd like for them to do that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD