DOA5LR Dead Or Alive and Senran Kagura discussion

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
There are only a few clues to the female character:

1. She wears a glove that gives off an impression to some that she might be a pirate. Or it could be imagery to her being sleazy tramp.

2. She is secretive, doesn't want people to know what's going on. If that doesn't sound like a god damned ninja I don't know what does.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
She's most likely a pirate, DOA takes place on a boat it only makes sense to run into pirates at sea right?
Her quote sounds like a lose quote; she doesnt want people to know she was defeated.

Last edited:

Rachel the fiend Slayer

If it does end up being costumes then my guess is
senran-kagura-shinovi-versus.jpg

Kasumi - Asuka
Ayane - Homura
Tina - Katsuragi
Lei Fang - Ikagura
Helena - Ryona
Hitomi - Yomi
Christie - Miyabi
Lisa - Shiki
Kokoro - Yozakura
Mila - Hikage
Sarah - Ryobi
Pai - Murasaki
Momiji - Yumi
Rachel - Haruka
Marie Rose - Minori
Phase 4 - Yagyu
NyoTengu - Murakumo
New Girl - Mirai (maybe)

The other four can be
Marie Rose - Hibari
Helena - Imu
Rachel - Daidouji
Ayane - Rin

Daidouji and Rin seen here
SK2001.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The character designer for SK very talanted at designing fairly diverse characters, I cant imagine him creating such a generic design for the collab unless TN gave nan yaegashi an outline to follow.

FatalxInnocence

I hope SK do collaboration costumes for every girl in 1 pack. There aren't males in SK are there? so I guess costumes for them is out of the equation.

Honokawaii

The character designer for SK very talanted at designing fairly diverse characters, I cant imagine him creating such a generic design for the collab unless TN gave nan yaegashi an outline to follow.

Yeah Honoka seems way more Love Live inspired then Senran Kagura inspired. Plus if Honoka was designed by Nan Yaegashi then TN would have said that was the case.

I feel like it is between SK costumes for the girls or maybe even a Senran Kagura game made by TN (a fighting game perhaps?). Omg hopefully its either one!!!!

Banana56

I love Senran Kagura, can't wait to see the collab.

DOA5:LR and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus are coming out soon so many we should know by next month.

Darkton93

I am fairly certain that if DOA gets battle damage, it'll be one step closer to having Kasumi's DOA2 intro costume as a swap for all female characters, if you know what I mean. No thanks.

But then, this is DOA. They seem to have thrown their dignity out the window and started openly parading naked in the streets singing Like a Virgin through a megaphone. Either that, or Girls Want to Have Fun.

Banana56

^ I don't see the difference between how the girls dress like now then how they did ever since DOA1 though lol.

Darkton93

^ I don't see the difference between how the girls dress like now then how they did ever since DOA1 though lol.
Well, let's compare each girl's skimpiest outfit from their first appearance to DOA5LR.
:ayane:Ayane
latest
latest

The see-through skirt means her panties are still showing, which means she's wearing less and showing more thanks to the toplessness. Also, she has a FUCKING TOWEL.
:tina:Tina
latest
latest

No more skirt, and her top shows more. Not to mention this costume can malfunction and destroy other peoples bikinis, leaving them literally naked.
:kasumi:Kasumi
latest
latest

One of her outfits is a school swimsuit, too. Neither of them expose as much skin as the above. And don't forget that it also has a see-through skirt, and is a copy paste. It's like they didn't even consider her character.
:leifang:Lei-Fang
latest
latest

The DOA1 one is a simple bikini, but the DOA5 one could be substituted for censor strips with the suspenders and very short shorts.

I have now wrapped up the original DOA1 cast. Scary, huh?

:helena:Helena
latest
latest

DOA2 Helena was a mature woman who was very adult-feminine. DOA5 Helena's just a slut who'll wear anything, including Christmas wrapping, aka the second worst theme of DLC.

And that was the only woman who got added to DOA2. Are you beginning to see my point?

:hitomi:HItomi
latest
latest

The difference is obvious. Note she got a personality downgrade as well, being turned into a ditz who will dance topless outside of a window instead of a serious karate expert.
:christie:Christie
latest
latest

What should scare you most is that this outfit was in Vanilla.
:lisa:La Mariposa
latest
latest

You can really see the deterioration in her development, going from luchadore to scientist to footnote.
:kokoro:Kokoro
latest
latest

If the difference is not made clear just by this one comparison, then you're a lost cause.

And how about those new characters? A little girl who's just a sexualized as the whole cast, with the justification that despite the fact that she looks 8, sounds 8, and acts like she's 8, she's 18! Kasumi in black! A gender bender of a beloved male character, only she just looks like a human with wings, so it's okay to give her FUCKING RIBBONS! And a girl whose express purpose is to show how cool the new boob technology is!

The short answer is, "Yes, it's gotten worse." The long answer is, "Hayashi is a fucking pervert forcing Itagaki's daughter up to prostitution, literally forgetting he's not making an eroge. So yes, it's gotten worse."

In conclusion, let's discuss Senren Kagura. Save the tired argument for the thread where this is to be discussed.

FatalxInnocence

Well, let's compare each girl's skimpiest outfit from their first appearance to DOA5LR.
latest
latest

The see-through skirt means her panties are still showing, which means she's wearing less and showing more thanks to the toplessness. Also, she has a FUCKING TOWEL.
latest
latest

No more skirt, and her top shows more. Not to mention this costume can malfunction and destroy other peoples bikinis, leaving them literally naked.
latest
latest

One of her outfits is a school swimsuit, too. Neither of them expose as much skin as the above. And don't forget that it also has a see-through skirt, and is a copy paste. It's like they didn't even consider her character.
latest
latest

The DOA1 one is a simple bikini, but the DOA5 one could be substituted for censor strips with the suspenders and very short shorts.

latest
latest

DOA2 Helena was a mature woman who was very adult-feminine. DOA5 Helena's just a slut who'll wear anything, including Christmas wrapping, aka the second worst theme of DLC.

And that was the only woman who got added to DOA2. Are you beginning to see my point?

latest
latest

The difference is obvious. Note she got a personality downgrade as well, being turned into a ditz who will dance topless outside of a window instead of a serious karate expert.
latest
latest

latest
latest

You can really see the deterioration in her development, going from luchadore to scientist to footnote.
latest
latest

If the difference is not made clear just by this one comparison, then you're a lost cause.

And how about those new characters? A little girl who's just a sexualized as the whole cast, with the justification that despite the fact that she looks 8, sounds 8, and acts like she's 8, she's 18! Kasumi in black! A gender bender of a beloved male character, only she just looks like a human with wings, so it's okay to give her FUCKING RIBBONS! And a girl whose express purpose is to show how cool the new boob technology is!

The short answer is, "Yes, it's gotten worse." The long answer is, "Hayashi is a fucking pervert forcing Itagaki's daughter up to prostitution, literally forgetting he's not making an eroge. So yes, it's gotten worse."

In conclusion, let's discuss Senren Kagura. Save the tired argument for the thread where this is to be discussed.

I'm just gonna leave this here and shut up lol. The games only graphically improved but the "sexualization" has always been there. Doesn't matter how you spin it. Only thing that differs is the unrealistic expectation of what an actual swimsuit looks like, and the fact that there's some weird physics and boob tape that keeps flowers over the girls chests.

Lisa's swimsuit however, that's a diff level THAT ITAGAKI INTRODUCED into DOAX... Hayashi just basically cut and paste that onto Lisa... but hey, it was her swimsuit after all in DOAX, right? The games always been this way. You're in weird denial if you think "There was a better time where it didn't exist".... no if you've been playing from the get go... it's always been there.

Also DOA2U... put like 4-5 bikinis on each of the girls.... Hayashi didn't introduce the bikini fetish, Itagaki did.

Squizzo

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

I'm not disagreeing that the outfits have become skimpier, but your comparison images were pretty biased. I could do the same thing the opposite way round and say the outfits are more conservative in doa5.
latest
latest

latest
latest

latest
latest

werewolfgold

I'm not disagreeing that the outfits have become skimpier, but your comparison images were pretty biased. I could do the same thing the opposite way round and say the outfits are more conservative in doa5.
The exact opposite of what he did would be to compare the most conservative outfits in the characters first appearance in DOA compared to the most conservative outfits now. The only thing that I'd say could possibly be argued is a few of the outfits being 50/50 with something else on being the "most" anything. How was what he did for the skimpiest outfits per character in those games "biased"? If anything, what you did was biased because your comparison criteria seems arbitrary.

I'm not saying it's the end all be all test for judgment and we should probably be doing something with ratios of costumes and such for the "final" answer of if there's a difference between then and now (but that probably wouldn't end up great for the later games either).

Squizzo

The exact opposite of what he did would be to compare the most conservative outfits in the characters first appearance in DOA compared to the most conservative outfits now. The only thing that I'd say could possibly be argued is a few of the outfits being 50/50 with something else on being the "most" anything. How was what he did for the skimpiest outfits per character in those games "biased"? If anything, what you did was biased because your comparison criteria seems arbitrary.

I'm not saying it's the end all be all test for judgment and we should probably be doing something with ratios of costumes and such for the "final" answer of if there's a difference between then and now (but that probably wouldn't end up great for the later games either).
It's biased because he didn't use the characters skimpiest outfit for his example of previous games. For example, he used this as his example of Helena's skimpiest outfit from doa2
latest
when Helena has a lot skimpier outfits in doa2 like
latest

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD