DOA5LR Dead Or Alive and Senran Kagura discussion

Rachel the fiend Slayer

@0:56

This topic is on the collab that TN is having with the Senran Kagura series.

It's pretty weird how we still haven't heard anything on the collab. Like what could it be?

I don't think it is costumes since that would've been revealed by now, besides Senran Kagura isn't on Xbox platforms. It could be a the last character as a guest but only if she was redesigned because she doesn't look anything like the existing SK characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a SK fighting game as Team Ninja has worked on others games like Hyercules Warriors and One Piece Pirate Warriors before. I mean the Senran Kagura characters popped up in the DOA5 Last Round trailer but nothing on the collab was shown on the Senran Kagura Estival Versus trailer. Who knows?

What do you guys think it pertains to?

Argentus

My guess is that the SK guys designed the new girl, and in exchange Ayane and Kasumi will appear in the next Senran Kagura game.

(Like how Lars' alternate costume was designed by the Naruto guy, so Lars in that costumes guest starred in one of the Naruto games)

That or some of the SK girls will guest star, like Nicole and the blackjack girl previously previously.

Aspect

I think it'll be a costume collab. I imagine something along the lines of a Warriors Orochi pack

HHH816

I would love to see that. It would make sense that your outfit would get a bit roughed up falling off a sky scraper and not just dirty... right?

eyebrow.gif

Kronin

I agree with the hypothesis of Argentus, in any cases I hope that the new character will not be a guest of any games but an original one fated to remain part of the Doa family in the future titles (I would accept gladly a new guest only in the case of Rio Tachibana XD).

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Yeah I could see the new girl being designed by the SK team, especially since she looks like her clothing could be similar to the SK characters.

And perhaps in exchange Kasumi/Ayane could be guest, or better yet since the game is about certain schools and their daily ninja lives the characters that could be a group is Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel. Maybe a female Hayabusa too lol.

Aspect

Yeah no thank you to any of those designs. Miyabi looks pretty much like Bullet. Or maybe there's a "type" for short white haired girls who punch people really hard

Argentus

Yeah no thank you to any of those designs. Miyabi looks pretty much like Bullet. Or maybe there's a "type" for short white haired girls who punch people really hard
Well, those girls are more MY type, which is part of why I like Mila. And Bullet lol. And Makoto Nanaya. And Zenia Valov...and Vanessa (KOF) and Eileen....and I-No....

Also I'm pretty sure Zenia predated both Bullet and Miyabi on "stern militaristic white haired girl who punches really hard".

Kronin

hrrrggggggannnnnddrrrrrrrrrrawr.

If they were going to design a SKish character, couldn't it have been a girl more along the lines of THESE SK designs?

I don't understand why you are talking using the past: or do you know something that we don't, or so far no one has idea of how will appear this character XD

Kronin

I have a feeling @EMPEROR_COW does. x3

Sometimes in the past he truly ended to get some vague anticpations (there is a reason because I got a renewed motivation in my campaign pro-Tengu's return... :p) but this time I don't think so. We have to wait for the middle of January, if we are lucky maybe TN could release some other hints one/two weeks before =)

Last edited:

Baal bal

i think TN want to learn about for torn-able costume engine for DOA6
I have the feeling this is coming sooner than DOA6. I'm damn sure we will have something like this in DOA, and in fact, for a game that is so much into panty/boobs combo, it won't be surprising.
(My perv side si whispering "this would be awesome"... damn... I have to shut him up...)

Argentus

I have the feeling this is coming sooner than DOA6. I'm damn sure we will have something like this in DOA, and in fact, for a game that is so much into panty/boobs combo, it won't be surprising.
(My perv side si whispering "this would be awesome"... damn... I have to shut him up...)

I'm all for it, and not even for the sexy, but just because I've always loved seeing battle damage. Grevious injuries in Wolverine Origins (get damaged enough and you are playing as Zombie Wolverine lol) Splatterhouse, Mortal Kombat, scratches, blood, and torn outfits in Dragonball Z, and back in Gundam Crossfire, i made it a GOAL to finish every mission with as many parts blown off my Striker as possible lol. Finished the final mission with no head (radar gone), Right arm blown off while holdling my lance (lose lance and cant reach gun on right side of my pack), left shoulderpad and hand blown off, leaving me to stab people with my claw shield, till that was lost as the arm was blown off at the elbow, and one of my legs damaged so I couldn't run. I won a zerg rush of Gelgoogs by hiding around corners and tackling them with full boosters (Strikers have a LOT of boosters because they are meant to be lancers lol), then kicking them on the ground with my good leg until they explode lol.

So yes. Battle damage, please. Always very satisfying.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Perhaps the new character could be a ninja. Not necessarily because of her finger gesture (although perhaps it could help) but because if she actually is made by the SK team then perhaps she'll be a ninja. Maybe a freestyle or made up ninja style.

Hayabusiness

Maybe a female Hayabusa too lol.

As much as I'd still like Hayabusa as a girl, please, no. Keep it in the realm of fanart.
Now, if the actual Hayabusa got in the game, he'd have the LBF and turn into a log instead of getting stripped until defeat. Iconic MALE characters tend to have their dignity and modesty kept intact, so nobody has to worry about seeing a flustered Ryu in a fundoshi.
Besides, I don't know anything about the power of the SK girls, but he'd probably defeat them with no problem.

Now, regarding the collab! For me it's either...
  • The SK team designed the new girl, hence why she sports the gigantic breasts they love.
  • The SK team designed new outfits, or simply, the DOA girls get SK outfits. Hayate coud get Murasame's!
  • Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji and Marie Rose end up being playable in a SK game. Marie Rose gets a rapier as a weapon, or something.
  • Something unexpected
That said... I'm not really interested in SK, but I surely don't hate it or something, it's just not my kind of thing.
But I'm still rather curious of what will come out of this collab.

Kronin

Perhaps the new character could be a ninja. Not necessarily because of her finger gesture (although perhaps it could help) but because if she actually is made by the SK team then perhaps she'll be a ninja. Maybe a freestyle or made up ninja style.

Like Russian pointed out the hand gesture is very likely a "quiet one" (the "shhh!" in front of the lips): the shinobi's one related to the mundra use both the index and middle finger, while in the teaser the girl seem just to raise up only the index.

However I don't think that she will be a ninja even because we are just getting the ninja raidou with Last Round: it's true that SK include only kunoichi, but in the eventuality of the character created from a collaboration with the people behind the series it's possible that they worked only on her design.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD