D-pad Controllers? / Arcade Stick? For Doa5

Icy

My many many years of Tekken experience built up pain resistance. On top of that, my controller's been worn to pure perfection :cool:

Pardon me but how do u "worn" ur controller . Lol! My still looks pretty much the same to me.

David Gregg

Would love to get an arcade stick b/c of all of the people who rave about it but have hesitated b/c it would be an awkward way to play the game and I can't see how I'd ever get used to it.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Would love to get an arcade stick b/c of all of the people who rave about it but have hesitated b/c it would be an awkward way to play the game and I can't see how I'd ever get used to it.

I never used a stick before I got one specifically for DOA. My reason was mostly that default console controllers wear out in heavy use much faster than arcade parts meant originally for arcade use.

It's not such a big learning curve. You'll get the hang of it in couple of days, and it'll become second nature in 2 weeks-1 month.

Fantastic Damage

The people who play DoA on stick are people who came from other fighters. People who play DoA exclusively play on pad even though stick has many advantages over pad and it's more fun to play fighting games that way. The way it was meant to be played. People settle for pad though because DoA doesn't require precise inputs like Tekken or Street Fighter.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I started out with DOA on pad and made the move to stick because I was sick of the inconsistencies between pads.

Tenren

The people who play DoA on stick are people who came from other fighters. People who play DoA exclusively play on pad even though stick has many advantages over pad and it's more fun to play fighting games that way. The way it was meant to be played. People settle for pad though because DoA doesn't require precise inputs like Tekken or Street Fighter.

acutally its the other way around. Most of of stick players started with DOA. I just went to stick om DOA5. Everything I played on pad. And your wrong about the precise inputs. Try playing doa on a 360dpad then try a stick. Even if you suck at stick the input will read more clear

Icy

Think i should really giv the stick a shot. Sure feels lik a beginner once again :p

Gill Hustle

The majority of the DOA community is playing with this kind of stick in mind:

rNH30M9.jpg

This CAN'T be a US AD . . . no way!

*edit* ok they called it MegaDrive I get it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD