Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

TRI Mike

I'm really sad about not seeing Ein on the list. Even though he doesn't participate in the story anymore, he has a much bigger fanbase than others like Leon or Eliot and I consider him a vital character to the franchise. No one should be left behind for the game (except Alpha 152). Also, 3 VF characters is a bit too much. I've always thought both franchises are like "brothers" but if we're going to get three VF characters I'd prefer them in an actual crossover between the two games. Akira is more than enough.

If Mila and Rig are real I'd love to see how the look like and their fighting styles. I've also always had this small idea about the Spartan. If Team Ninja gave the Spartan's moves to Rachel (the blonde chick from NG1), it would fit perfectly. Momiji should also be included though that'd result in we having five ninjas.

x Sypher x

I'm with you man. That is quite a bit lol. Although Akira is enough/more than enough, I say 2 characters MAX. Perhaps Taka since we've never seen a Sumo character in DOA, even though it is a form of wrestling and we already have 3 of those (Bass, Tina, Lisa).

DrDogg

...if the game ends up with only two new character I will be very disappointed, but probably they are holding back characters for DLC.

Why would 2 new characters not be enough? DOA4 only had 2 new characters. Most fighting games only add 2-3 new characters. Also, while the VF characters aren't completely new, they are new to the DOA series. There's no way they can play exactly like their VF5 counterparts. So in reality, it would be 5 new characters.

DrDogg

Akira seems to play pretty dam close (if not exactly) to his VF counterpart tbh.

Having the same moves does not mean he plays the same. Even if all of his frame data was identical (which it's almost certainly not), just putting him in the DOA engine changes how he's played. I would be shocked if his Just Frames are as difficult to do. That alone would change him drastically. Not to mention the fact that frame advantage matters in VF. We've already seen that you can counter out of guard breaks. That's also a HUGE change for Akira.

x Sypher x

Having the same moves does not mean he plays the same. Even if all of his frame data was identical (which it's almost certainly not), just putting him in the DOA engine changes how he's played. I would be shocked if his Just Frames are as difficult to do. That alone would change him drastically. Not to mention the fact that frame advantage matters in VF. We've already seen that you can counter out of guard breaks. That's also a HUGE change for Akira.

True

x Sypher x

What does just frame mean?

On a side note I hate those specific moves where you have to cancel with G (guard) after 1 FUCKING FRAME. Like really? Lol XD

TRI Mike

Why would 2 new characters not be enough? DOA4 only had 2 new characters. Most fighting games only add 2-3 new characters. Also, while the VF characters aren't completely new, they are new to the DOA series. There's no way they can play exactly like their VF5 counterparts. So in reality, it would be 5 new characters.

Actually, each new DOA game has included four or five new characters.

DOA2 = Leon, Helena, Ein, Tengu and Ayane.
DOA3 = Hayate, Brad, Hitomi and Christie.
DOA4 = Eliot, Kokoro, Lisa and the Master Chief (fuck it, that's the Chief)
DOAD = Alpha 152, Raidou, Genra and K.Alpha (though she's technically not "new")

In DOA5 we already have one new: Akira. If Mila and Rig happen to be real, we'd still be short on a new character.

DrDogg

DOAD = Alpha 152, Raidou, Genra and K.Alpha (though she's technically not "new")

In DOA5 we already have one new: Akira. If Mila and Rig happen to be real, we'd still be short on a new character.

I forgot about Kokoro, but Spartan would be a guest character. If we're counting guest characters then DOA5 is currently looking at 5 new characters.

Ubersuntzu

Really hoping Pai is a full character and not just in a cutscene or something. She's the only one of the three I actually use.

Keylay

Technically, it's

DOA (US) / DOA++ = Bass and Ayane
DOA2 = Helena and Ein (Leon was a replacement for Baymen)
DOA2 Hardcore = Baymen and Tengu

TRI Mike

I never played DOA++ so the first time I ever saw Ayane was in DOA2 Dreamcast. Leon isn't a "replacement" since both Bayman and him are in every DOA game since 2.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I never played DOA++ so the first time I ever saw Ayane was in DOA2 Dreamcast. Leon isn't a "replacement" since both Bayman and him are in every DOA game since 2.

Well there were people who didn't play DOA3, should they say HItomi, Christie, Brad Wong, Hayate, Lisa, Kokoro, SPARTAN-456 and Eliot are all new characters for DOA4 as well?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD