DOA5U Bass General Discussion: Champion Edition

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
There's something I hadn't noticed, but :8::K: at max threshold/CB allow for an extra :3::P: before :426::h::+::P: on lights (Alpha takes two :3::P:s before the throw).

I thought I'd point that out for those who are willing to maximize on damage.

Since I have some time on my hands now, I'm going to try and revise the entirety of the OP and the title posts. Most of the info on the OP are too outdated and some even refer to old tech that is not applicable or not as efficient as new tactics found in the new game.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can you do 3P 3P+K H+P, and does it do more damage? In my experience the 3P+K H+P ender does the most damage in most juggle situations.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Can you do 3P 3P+K H+P, and does it do more damage? In my experience the 3P+K H+P ender does the most damage in most juggle situations.

Not unless there's a wall involved or you want to get a ground slam for transitional danger zones like wooden floors. Without walls however, the :3::P::3::P::+::K::h::+::P: ender obviously does more damage because of more hits + throw. I go for that if there are no walls in front.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
AHAHAHAHAAAAAA I HAVE FOND A SCRAMBLE COMBO.

:6::P::+::K::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :426::h::+::P: (122 DMG) works on lights only.

Needs to be facing the wall at a straight angle (not too strict, though).

It's pretty much the only thing I could find, but watching those AiN scramble combos really pissed me off, so I had to figure something out.

You need to keep in mind that BT :7::K: and :6::P::+::K::K: have totally different properties, which means that DOA5 scramble combos will only work on Alpha, but not on other characters.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Okay, disregard what I said about combos not working on medium weight characters in my previous post.

:6::P::+::K::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :6::K::P: (107 DMG)

Sometimes this does tend to go a little off axis, especially when it hits on open stance, otherwise it hits every time on closed stance.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
:3::K: for long range poking.

For Bass, honestly since I know his moves are "slow", it doesn't matter really which attack I use. P+K is his best interrupter but you still have to play the stun game after it. I tend to start off with some 9PP as well.

The rest is just throw punishment and hold baiting.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Power Launcher Combos (Mid-weight):

:3::3::[[p+k]]::6::6::5:(BT):7::K::3::P::3::P+K::5::H+P:

On hi-counter after CB! it can cause around 228 damage.

:3::3::[[p+k]]::6::6::5:(BT):7::K::3::P::6::K::P:

does around 190 damage with Force Tech.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I got this:

:3::3::[[P]]::+::[[K]]: > :8::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :426::h::+::P::5::h::+::P: on lights and meds

or you could also do

:3::3::[[P]]::+::[[K]]: > :8::K: > :3::P: > :8::K: > :426::h::+::P::5::h::+::P: (more damage)

This is regular PL combo and I honestly didn't try doing anything extra.

One fun little thing I found recently; you can actually land both hits of :6::P::+::K::K: in PL combos, but the number of follow-ups you get are so limited (a normal air-throw), that it ends up being not worth it for the trouble of landing both hits. I haven't had the time to actually test this out in Tag combos, but I suppose you may actually be able to get something out of it, despite the really shit relaunch you get out of it, making it more practical to whiff the first hit and land the kick to get a more damaging combo.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
both of those combos do less than my suggested one, and are difficult to time...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
both of those combos do less than my suggested one, and are difficult to time...

Dude, you sure we're doing the same combos?

:3::3::[[p]]::+::[[k]]: :6::6::5:(BT):7::K::3::P::3::P+K::5::H+P: 134 DMG on HC and this was on lights (having major trouble landing this on med chars) also this is really fucking hard to time and very inconsistent as both :3::P: and the :3::P::+::K::5::h::+::P: throw tend to whiff. (198 after CB!)

:3::3::[[P]]::+::[[K>]: > :8::K: > :3::P: > :8::K: > :426::h::+::P::5::h::+::P: 139 DMG on HC (203 after CB!)

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just saying that I have a bit of a hard time with the combos you've found and I got no idea why you're having trouble with mine (maybe I got the timing down but it's not that strict). Could you like record this combo, dude?

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Just a quick shout out to Wah for putting in a good fight yesterday @ NEC. So good to see such solid Bass play, even if the announcer didn't clue in to the fact that the ground grab is not guaranteed after every knockdown.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Not that I've looked for yet. Actually got my girlfriend to watch it with me. Got her hooked on the last major for DOA5U, so educating her on what was going on was a treat.
Outside of her asking why Lopedo wasn't there.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found a hitbox issue with :2::P::+::K: > :P::+::K: on block. At close to medium range, he ends up going through the opponent's guard and depending on the range or the opposing character's hurtbox, you may end up behind or to the side of your opponent and at times you can end up in back-turned position (either you or both. It's a bit random). This only happens when you are -1~-2 on block and once you go beyond 0, it starts doing the correct positioning after recovery.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD