DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Squatting is when your character is put into crouch status then transitions into standing status for a small brief moment.

Lulu

Squatting is when your character is put into crouch status then transitions into standing status for a small brief moment.

I've seen it before on some other character..... except it only appeared for a few short frames, I thought I was seeing things.
Momiji's is a whole lot longer, It must be those thighs of hers, they're almost as oddly proportioned as Chun Li's.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I noticed something interesting with Ayane's 64H Expert Mid P Hold. I seem to be able to get 91 damage off of the 6PP~66KK4~4K.P juggle occasionally (For a total of 91 + 5-7 damage = 96-98 dmg). It seems to usually occur if you perform 64H on a string where the 2nd or 3rd hit is a Mid P like in Rachel's 3PP string. It feels like a glitch, but this is fairly serious guaranteed damage for using an expert punch hold mid-string.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That's counter hit, happens because the opponent player is really trying to press buttons after the successful hold.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So, a strategy I'm going to try to employ when I play today is mixing up whiffing 4P and 4P+K during footsies. At a enough distance that makes it look punishable, but enough to have time to respond for baiting someone to move forward. The point of this is to simply further add to the wall Ayane can create during her spacing by adding something that seems unsafe enough to punish.

I'm going to try and utilize 4P and 4P+K this way because 4P launches on counter hit, 4P+K launches on neutral hit if people really want to be silly with YOLO buttons. And 4P looks identical to the first hit of 4P+K, plus their ranges vary for distance and they can be mixed up with movement and other moves.

Last edited:

Lulu

So does Ayane's Spinning Stance have a single name for its multiple variations or does each variation of the spin have a different name ?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Going to have to postpone my Ayane tutorial for youtube. With the EVO tournament only 2 weeks away, I need to focus on that till then. I want to be sharp and on my A-Game. So I'll finish the video afterward.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
How do you know when your character is your main? When you can pick them and use them naturally. Today solidified that Ayane is my one true main in DOA. Though I took somewhat of a break from her, I was able to use her like normal. I like my style with her, and while it might not be the "right" way to use her, it's a way that works for me. I like gimmicks, so I'll keep spinning and flipping to victory. Lol

Lulu

Generally you pick your mains by how much you like playing as them.... or by how they look.... or by their performance in story mode....

If you practice and try to make their play style work for you then that character will do you well... even if it isn't inherently your type of prefered play style.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I picked Ayane because she looked cool and had more of an anti-hero personality when compared to Kasumi. Plus, she has freaking purple hair and spins!

Lulu

I picked Ayane because she looked cool and had more of an anti-hero personality when compared to Kasumi. Plus, she has freaking purple hair and spins!

Thats awesome..... alot of people pick their mains like that.... some people get into whole fighting game series because of stuff like that.

I bought DoA because of its infamous reputation and chose my main character accordingly.... Tina:tina:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Does DOA have any other notable OS situations?

A generic one would be the application of a deep stun (Ein or Momiji's 3P for example) in critical stun threshold. Where you stun the opponent and purposely whiff low throw. By doing so, you cover two options; if someone is low holding out of stun, low throw catches them for damage. If they don't low hold, then whiffing low throw will give you frame advantage (varies per character). Allowing you to keep up offensive momentum. This can be doing from any move that provides a +30 (or more) stun in threshold, including jab/PP. This can also be done by whiffing neutral throw as well.

One I have that's specific to Ayane that literally no one else does is; the use of PK/BT H+K in threshold and following up with BT T. Doing so forces a worse lose-lose situation on the opponent. BT T will catch any standing hold, no matter how fast or slow you hold. If you low hold and BT T whiffs, I can still low throw punish the low hold. If you don't hold at all and BT T whiffs, I'm at +9 advantage.

Stagger escape is irrelevant to these options because you're retaining pressure all the same.

Also, to the general public, please stop bringing in casual topics into this thread. This thread is for discussing gameplay related matters, why you love your DOA characters. Use this thread for that and things all casual related;

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/relax-ayane-chan-ayane-casual-discussion.4064/

Thank you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD