The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoya Destroyer

Um, yes. I do believe what I post. That's why I post it.

I don't really need to go out of my way to be a people-pleaser to "gain some kind of acceptance from a certain group of people." Not to sound like a pretentious twit, because I realize these don't mean much, but I have way, way more likes on this site than anyone else by a landslide, and I earned those by being my regular, dickish self. My opinions aren't always the most popular, but I'm always true to what I believe and I seem to be pretty well-tolerated for it. If I wanted acceptance from the REAL hardcores, I wouldn't even be in this thread to begin with. They'd be all about "Who gives a fuck about costumes anyway?" Well, I do, because I'm both a hardcore and a casual player.

When I say I'm tired of overpriced bikini DLC, I mean I'm tired of overpriced bikini DLC. First, I main a male character. My alt is also a male character. Of my next two subs, one is another male. I am straight. So, for that female, do I want bikinis? FUCK NO! They're boring. And if I did just want to jerk-off to 'em, which I don't really, I already have 1 billion perfectly suited for the job. What's another 50 gonna do for me? Jackshit. What I do want is costumes that make the character look badass. But, TN doesn't like to give me those. I want my luchadora to have different lucha libre outfits. She's got ONE I like. Then, she has 500 bikinis and slutsuits. THAT IS LAME. I want my badass dude to get a trenchcoat. Does he get it? No! What do I get instead? More fucking slutsuits!

So, next time you question whether I mean what I post, let this serve as my testament: Yes. Yes I do.

Honestly, you being your "diskish self" is one of the main reasons people are scared to be honest with their opinions, IMO.

Argentus

Um, yes. I do believe what I post. That's why I post it.

I don't really need to go out of my way to be a people-pleaser to "gain some kind of acceptance from a certain group of people." Not to sound like a pretentious twit, because I realize these don't mean much, but I have way, way more likes on this site than anyone else by a landslide, and I earned those by being my regular, dickish self. My opinions aren't always the most popular, but I'm always true to what I believe and I seem to be pretty well-tolerated for it. If I wanted acceptance from the REAL hardcores, I wouldn't even be in this thread to begin with. They'd be all about "Who gives a fuck about costumes anyway?" Well, I do, because I'm both a hardcore and a casual player.

When I say I'm tired of overpriced bikini DLC, I mean I'm tired of overpriced bikini DLC. First, I main a male character. My alt is also a male character. Of my next two subs, one is another male. I am straight. So, for that female, do I want bikinis? FUCK NO! They're boring. And if I did just want to jerk-off to 'em, which I don't really, I already have 1 billion perfectly suited for the job. What's another 50 gonna do for me? Jackshit. What I do want is costumes that make the character look badass. But, TN doesn't like to give me those. I want my luchadora to have different lucha libre outfits. She's got ONE I like. Then, she has 500 bikinis and slutsuits. THAT IS LAME. I want my badass dude to get a trenchcoat. Does he get it? No! What do I get instead? More fucking slutsuits!

So, next time you question whether I mean what I post, let this serve as my testament: Yes. Yes I do.

Same.

I have two mains. Leon and Mila. Leon has some badass outfits, but is missing his duster. and of course that stupid spartan outfit I always hated.

Mila, is supposed to have boyish/sporty outfits, (which she looks both HOT AS HELL IN, and BADASS, probably former DUE to the latter)) like almost all of her defaults. Of the DLC so far, she has had 3. The Bass cosplay, the rough and tumble schoolgirl outfit, and the ONE swimsuit that wasn't just a bikini (volleyball shirt). The rest was all crap (Casual is iffy, because its a cute outfit but woulda been better on another girl). And she finally gets more dlc with this, and instead of a badass costume I get fucking floss. Only upside is the badass jacket. You can unequip the jacket and just fight in floss.

But I fucking don't. Because I want Mila to look cool, not sluttastic.

Honestly, you being your "diskish self" is one of the main reasons people are scared to be honest with their opinions, IMO.

Hoya....I have nothing against you personally, but you have to understand. This is what always seems to happen.

Most people's reaction to the notion of a full, interesting outfit for the DOA girls

Applause2.gif

Your reaction to the notion of a full, interesting outfit for the DOA girls

tumblr_m5jyf61GXM1qbq764o1_250.gif

You're free to have your opinion and all, but you will get some shit for being a....how do I put this..."public's idea of a stereotypical DOA fan".

Don't take it personal, just understand the reactions you'll get, when most people are wanting more clothes, and you are asking for less, when we ALREADY have a bunch of floss bikinis and stuff, and most people are already sick of that.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
No one's scared to be honest with their opinions.

Unless you are. But you post them anyway, so it's not much detriment.

Argentus

I agree that they should stop making bikini DLC.

They need to make more love pillows instead.

Playable love pillow.

It should be this game's Charade/Mokujin "random button". Just a pillow, and a sexy image of whatever character's playstyle is being used at the moment, appears on the pillow.

Hoya Destroyer

No one's scared to be honest with their opinions.
You dont know that.
The way that you structured that very sentence, speaking for everyone, without any real proof or consensus of what people feel, is a little arrogant.

Unless you are. But you post them anyway, so it's not much detriment.
If Im posting my honest opinions, then obviously Im not scared to do so :/

werewolfgold

I wonder how many of you other guys (who find the female figure sexually atractive) really believe what you post, or whether you're just trying to gain some kind of acceptance from a certain group of people on this forum?
Maybe Yosuke Hayashi had a real point, about everyone trying to save face? lol
I don't see how it's that hard to understand that there are degrees and there are lines. Sexy is fine. In my perfect world everyone would 1 beach outfit. I mean, everyone. If you're gonna do it at all, don't leave anybody out. Anybody remember X-men Mutant Academy 2? They had a pool party stage where everyone got a (sometimes goofy) swim outfit. Fine. That's kind of fun. Sexy Playstation 1 pixels. Whatever.

Now, what doesn't need to happen is swimsuit pack after swimsuit pack after swimsuit pack, only for the girls. And Gravure mode? No. No no no. I like to be pretty fair-minded. If you're gonna be sexy, be sexy across the board.

Not to mention that swimsuit after swimsuit means that other cool things that could be added...aren't. They're too busy with bikinis. They've met the bikini quota. I guarantee you. They can do something else for a while. Hayashi was trying to throw his logical fallacies around saying that because people bought bikinis that people don't want other things. NO. That's not how it works.

Last edited:

Argentus

[quote="Hoya Destroyer, post: 157013, member: 5148"I wonder how many of you other guys (who find the female figure sexually atractive) really believe what you post, or whether you're just trying to gain some kind of acceptance from a certain group of people on this forum?
Maybe Yosuke Hayashi had a real point, about everyone trying to save face? lol
I don't see how it's that hard to understand that there are degrees and there are lines. Sexy is fine. In my perfect world everyone would 1 beach outfit. I mean, everyone. If you're gonna do it at all, don't leave anybody out. Anybody remember X-men Mutant Academy 2? They had a pool party stage where everyone got a (sometimes goofy) swim outfit. Fine. That's kind of fun. Sexy Playstation 1 pixels. Whatever.

Now, what doesn't need to happen is swimsuit pack after swimsuit pack after swimsuit pack, only for the girls. And Gravure mode? No. No no no. I like to be pretty fair-minded. If you're gonna be sexy, be sexy across the board.

Not to mention that swimsuit after swimsuit means that other cool things that could be added...aren't. They're too busy with bikinis. They've met the bikini quota. I guarantee you. They can do something else for a while. Hayashi was trying to throw his logical fallacies around saying that because people bought bikinis that people don't want other things. NO. That's not how it works.[/quote]

So much yes. So sick of bikinis. I want cool outfits. "any cool outfits? Nope, just more bikinis"

Also, FUCK YES I REMEMBER MUTANT ACADEMY 2.

Juggernaut with a sand pail helmet, Beast with floaties, and Xavier still tilting his wheelchair to kick people.

"Your rotting corpse on ice, that'd be Toady's paradise!" (Or was that Next Dimension? Whatever)

Blazeincarnated

Not to mention that swimsuit after swimsuit means that other cool things that could be added...aren't. They're too busy with bikinis. They've met the bikini quota. I guarantee you. They can do something else for a while. Hayashi was trying to throw his logical fallacies around saying that because people bought bikinis that people don't want other things. NO. That's not how it works.
Which is bullshit. I've been tweeting them certain shit for months and the only things they seemed to have listened to is my petition for Momiji and Rachel, and the nurse outfits... which is ironic considering they are GIRLS! LMAO

Hoya Destroyer

"how it works" is probably TN comparing the sales figures of one set of DLC to another and gauging from that, what the market wants. There has been enough non-bikini/skimpy DLC for TN to get a reasonable idea of what sells and what doesnt, IMO.
Fair enough - you've seen enough bikinis. I haven't and many other customers (likely) haven't either (if the suspected popularity of bikini/skimpy outfits is to be believed).
The frustration and disappointment you feel when you see bikinis, is the same I feel when I see casual, sports, schoolgirl, Christmas, pop idol etc DLC packs.
One of the differences between me and many people on this forum, is that I dont criticize and attack others for liking the stuff, that I loathe.

Brute

Standard Donor
You dont know that.
And you don't know that you don't have multiple personality disorder and actually skin puppies in the middle of the night only to have an amnesic reaction and forget about it teh next day. But in the absence of evidence, that's only speculation and doesn't do much good.

The way that you structured that very sentence, speaking for everyone, without any real proof or consensus of what people feel, is a little arrogant.
When you said that I was "one of the main reasons people are scared to be honest with their opinions," you were doing the same thing. Adding an "IMO" doesn't magically change the intent of the sentence. If you want, I could add "IMO" to the end of every post, but that just gets redundant for something everyone already assumes to be intended.

IMO

If Im posting my honest opinions, then obviously Im not scared to do so :/
So stop accusing me of "not really believing what I post."
These are my honest opinions, just like you have yours. No need to go assuming I actually want a bunch of dumb bikinis when I say I don't just because you suspect I might be an attention whore looking for public acceptance.

Yurlungur

One of the differences between me and many people on this forum, is that I dont criticize and attack others for liking the stuff, that I loathe.

I believe the overall opinion wasn't that they're attacking things you're liking but how it's effecting the fanbase and entrants into the fan base. Someone earlier made a post about not knowing anything about doa other then it's sexual overtures. If the amount of bikinis didn't harm doa's "face", then i'm sure nobody would complain. At the end of the day if dead or alive were as popular as let's say tekken or street fighter nobody would care about the huge amount of bikinis but it's just from the people stepping and viewing it all the sexual undertones on practically everything.

Hoya Destroyer

And you don't know that you don't have multiple personality disorder and actually skin puppies in the middle of the night only to have an amnesic reaction and forget about it teh next day. But in the absence of evidence, that's only speculation and doesn't do much good.

Except, my assumption is reasonable. You example is not.

When you said that I was "one of the main reasons people are scared to be honest with their opinions," you were doing the same thing. Adding an "IMO" doesn't magically change the intent of the sentence. If you want, I could add "IMO" to the end of every post, but that just gets redundant for something everyone already assumes to be intended.

IMO
Your online persona/posting history, made your statement seem arrogant.
I dont think mine was an arrogant assumption, but maybe I could have said "...one of the main reasons SOME people are scared..."

So stop accusing me of "not really believing what I post."
These are my honest opinions, just like you have yours. No need to go assuming I actually want a bunch of dumb bikinis when I say I don't just because you suspect I might be an attention whore looking for public acceptance.

I never had you in mind when I said "you other guys". Believe me.

Rawbietussin

I agree that they should stop making bikini DLC.

They need to make more love pillows instead.

As long as there is a Bayman or Leon one, I'd be willing to get myself broke for it.

In all seriousness though, they need to make non-sexualized merchandise to be honest. There's barely any figurines for any of the guys, posters, t-shirts, etc. (sans Ryu) yet the girls (usually features Kasumi, Ayane, Leifang, Kokoro, Momiji, Hitomi) have an endless amount of merchandise ranging from silicon-infused mouse pads to custom-made real life swimsuits taken from XBV.

What's next? A dildo hidden underneath Kasumi's wakizashi sword's scabbard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD