Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Didn't helena got to X3 because of the surge of westerner vote.

good times.

you suppose to pay with real money for weekly swimsuit in X3 , because of the backlash TN revert back, cut support and make VV instead

TN only work where the money flows
Probably but Helena is always gonna be more popular than anyone below her on the list in Japan even since she fits the French, foreign beauty with a touch of motherly oujou which Japan loves. Leifang and Tina just barely made it but they've always been mainstays too, just not so much anymore since Marie and Honoka take up the slots they likely would have had if they were excluded.

Yuffie

Probably but Helena is always gonna be more popular than anyone below her on the list in Japan even since she fits the French, foreign beauty with a touch of motherly oujou which Japan loves. Leifang and Tina just barely made it but they've always been mainstays too, just not so much anymore since Marie and Honoka take up the slots they likely would have had if they were excluded.
You'd be surprised, actually Leifang was gonna be in the initial roster, but like @HHH816 mentioned, people specially made JP PSN accounts, bought currency then bought the Helena avatars to beat Leifang on the last week of that poll.

Of course Scarlet came out 3 years later and Lei made it in with Misaki as DLC.
It was a missed opportunity to include more girls from VV or more swimsuits but gave up on X3. I'm pretty sure it's the same engine.

The one thing that surprises me is that the Salmon Roe or Pistachio or Peace never came to VV. Only like one character got one.

X4 would be a dream but due to the backlash of how they handled the paid dlc on X3, we may not see X4 anytime soon.

Although a port or remastered versions of one and two would be nice or the 1st four main games.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
You'd be surprised, actually Leifang was gonna be in the initial roster, but like @HHH816 mentioned, people specially made JP PSN accounts, bought currency then bought the Helena avatars to beat Leifang on the last week of that poll.

Of course Scarlet came out 3 years later and Lei made it in with Misaki as DLC.
It was a missed opportunity to include more girls from VV or more swimsuits but gave up on X3. I'm pretty sure it's the same engine.

The one thing that surprises me is that the Salmon Roe or Pistachio or Peace never came to VV. Only like one character got one.

X4 would be a dream but due to the backlash of how they handled the paid dlc on X3, we may not see X4 anytime soon.

Although a port or remastered versions of one and two would be nice or the 1st four main games.
Yeah that's fair, but even then I don't think Leifang was necessarily a more popular character tho, it could have easily went both ways since both are fan faves but from a demographic stand point, it's smarter they went with Helena since she was the only blonde in the roster besides Marie Rose and Leifang wouldn't have really added much diversity earlier on in the game's span

I think they honestly gave up on X3 because of laziness, they knew it'd be more profitable to go the gacha route even tho I did like X3's set up with the timed swimwear and bonus stuff. They could have easily made VV into a console gacha as well but again they didn't want to invest the time

I personally wouldn't mind a PC remaster of X2 or even X3 on PC since I prefer that game over the gacha formula they follow

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games:

Steam/Johren:

otnesse

People saying that new Venus Vacation girls are copy/pasted is the funniest thing considering that Misaki and Nagisa have the same face yet almost no one said a thing back then. With regards to Reika, at a glance she looks similar to Kokoro but like DOAN mentioned these characters get fleshed out on their unlockable episodes. The voice actresses do a lot of heavy lifting for sure.

Reika was released earlier since she was supposed to be a global version timed exclusive but after realizing they would put the DMM version in jeopardy, they decided to do a simultaneous release. Shizuku will come at a later date.
To be fair regarding Misaki and Nagisa, they at least had their being biological sisters in-universe (and not even half-sisters, FULL sisters) as an excuse for that bit.

As far as the reasons for Reika's simultaneous debut, hopefully this global version timed exclusive will actually allow them to add more of the cut girls in after seeing that it works. The last time they did anywhere near similar to this was when Tina was released, and let's put it this way, they definitely made it clear Tina was successful on both sides of the Pacific. That said, I will say the global release made things a LOT more challenging on my end (only barely managed to get Reika in the DMM version, and I still have to worry about the Steam version, all on TOP of Misaki's birthday coming up tomorrow, alongside Elise's Anniversary gacha [which I'm most likely going to be forced to skip at this point], Reika's birthday, and Patty's birthday, possibly also that Jewel event for Yukino and I guess Shandy since Amy already got her Jewel with Tina).

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Happy Birthday Misaki

DOAX-VenusVacation_240707_235426.jpg

Jackie Chan Fan

Koei Tecmo will be in TGS, as usual, and I always hope they will show something for DOA. I watched TGS 2017 when they revealed gameplay for DOAXVV.

I was in Anime Expo in LA this weekend. Playasia was there with a good amount of DOAX3 Fortune and Scarlet in stock. Playasia recently tweeted about restocks of the game.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games:

Steam/Johren:

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I have to admit, Reika has been growing on me. I generally like her style, lifeguard outfit/persona, and voice. One of the better VV girls, imo. I still prefer any DOA girl tho, and I wouldn't spend a cent to get her (but then, I didn't spend a cent to even get Tina)

Also,

Holy carp, that's like the total opposite of what we got on Steam this week... :/ either way tho, nothing for Tina again so I sleep.

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games:

Steam/Johren:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD