DOA5+ for PS Vita

Dave

I hope some of this stuff comes to the consoles. I wonder if they'll throw in different costumes and characters? I'd like more than just ungodly priced costumes. Also, it says nothing about the Virtua Fighter characters. I hear they may not appear due to licensing issues. Not really a big deal to me since I don't own a Vita, and won't be getting one either.

PhoenixVFIRE

Let's see here, if we're wish-listing of course.

- 4 Player Co-op tag online
- Actual new costumes
- New/classic stages
- Character themes
- Ein
- Ability to upload replays to youtube straight from your console/vita
- Ability to save lobby match replays
You probably wouldn't be surprised at how many people have told me how pissed they are that the feature above isn't in the game. I heard there's a petition to have it back in.

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
New things updated for DOA5+

• DoA5+ will have touch screen controls, taking advantage of the PlayStation Vita's front and rear screens so users can tap, swipe and pinch to trigger a variety of moves.

• Playing vertically in first person mode will utilize the Vita's motion sensor and offer a full-screen view of the opponent.

• The frame data option will have an advanced mode, which has as much as twice the information displayed in the previous version.

• The game is expected to be out on March 20, 2013 in Japan, but a release date for other locations hasn't been revealed yet.

KwonJigglypuff

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=46480952&rtes=y

Just a theory.
doa5.jpg

IT IZ TIME TO OPEN A NEW CONSPIRACY THREAD !§!!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=46480952&rtes=y

Just a theory.
doa5.jpg

IT IZ TIME TO OPEN A NEW CONSPIRACY THREAD !§!!

Character slots don't even appear when Pai and Genfu are locked up. Probably not a very strong indication of anything at this point.

Active frames, hit box info, evasive frames (for crush/sidestep attacks), recovery frames, etc.

You know what I would love?

A numeric range indicator on attacks. Seriously, having a solid number that simply states how far an attack travels would be amazing. A man can dream, at least...

RoboJoe

What I want most is hit box data, because some of the moves in this game have really wonky hit boxes.

U_C_A_F

wait so where are people getting that the vf characters will be cut in the vita version? its seems like a huge downgrade from the console versions if you know...it has less characters for a game thats supposed to be a "+" over the original(and no... gimmicky touch screen crap and more advanced frame data info aren't enough of a +).

KwonJigglypuff

wait so where are people getting that the vf characters will be cut in the vita version? its seems like a huge downgrade from the console versions if you know...it has less characters for a game thats supposed to be a "+" over the original(and no... gimmicky touch screen crap and more advanced frame data info aren't enough of a +).

Probably because of licence issues. If they eventually get rid of the VF characters, since it is a "+" version, they will probably replace them with Raidou, Omega, K-Alpha, Tengu, Ein, Leon, Miyako, etc..

(which is not what I'd like, except for Leon).

prototypetom

cool that the demonstrate you can do the camera control at the end of fight and position and zoom as you see fit
... oh wait, that's not very cool at all.

but it looks pretty solid

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That'd be pretty awesome. I'd prefer a DoA without guest characters that don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, cool characters or not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD