Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfgold

This isn't a barbie playhouse lol =P
TN seems to disagree. It doesn't seem like the costume train is showing any signs of stopping.

At any rate, the shark was jumped long ago. But, charging for stages now is kind of like circling back around and going for a redo. These aren't just cosmetic backgrounds like in a 2D game.

The truth is the "fanbase" has been only encouraging them though, cheering from the beach as it were. And now this is where we're at.

Last edited:

Number 13

lol stages are not gonna take priority over costumes. Even if they keep bringing back old stages to minimize effort that is still much more work then a single costume.

Even if they make stages paid dlc now it won't realistically come close to the revenue the costumes would bring them. The realistic rate is maybe every 100-200~ total costumes you get a stage.

KwonJigglypuff

I noticed something strange with this Season Pass 4 : there are 'only' 79 costumes. It either means we'll get a lot of collaborations (prices are more expensive) or that the stage will be very expensive (10€?).

Each Season Pass costs around 90€ (instead of around 130€ if you buy each pack individually).

A 16-costumes pack (no collaboration) costs around 20€ (e.g : Newcomers Set)
A 16-costumes pack (with collaboration) costs around 30€ (e.g : Falcom Set)
An all-fighters costumes pack (no collaboration) costs around 30€ (e.g : Halloween)
An all-fighters costumes pack (with collaboration) costs around 40€ (e.g : Samurai Warriors)

For SEASON PASS 4, we'll get 3 Sixteen-costumes Packs + 1 Thirthy-costumes Pack + 1 Stage.
If you buy them individually, it should still costs around 130€ like most Season Passes.

'with collaboration' formula : 20€* + 30€ + 30€ + 40€ + 10€ = 130€ (it makes sense for the customer to buy Season Pass 4)
'no collaboration' formula : 20€* + 20€ + 20€ + 30€ + 10€ = 90€ (it makes no sense for the customer to buy Season Pass 4)
*Newcomers Set is already priced 20€

What do you think ?
Will the stage be very expensive ? Or will we get very expensive packs ?
What are the reasons ? Collaborations (Dynasty Warriors, Metal Gear) ? New special mechanics (Ring Out, Stair Throws) ?

My prediction : Crash Club 2.0 with crazy remixes included or a Collaboration stage (Senran Kagura, Virtua Fighter) :)

RECAP
1461354678-lol.jpg

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Still no clarification on the whole paid stage thing?

Here's my (stupid) theory as to what they're planning if it is the case; the stage is nothing special in regards to design but EVERY character when in the stage all wear a special new costume tied to the stage. For example; its a VR type stage and when you use it, all the characters will be given their own version of the "training dummy" costumes the main 4 ninja characters have and everyone gets a suit. The costumes themselves can be used anywhere else but it would be the only outfit the characters can wear in that particular stage. Basically we pay for the custumes rather than the stage itself. Another example is that the stage is an mma cage and when the male characters use it, they wear their mma fighter costume (Ein, Jacky, Leon and Raidou all get their own) and all the girls save for Mila will get their own mma style costume.

Alternatively (and more realistically); The actual stage is still free but will come alongside a costume pack whose theme is tied directly to the stage.

Zero Beat

Might be because Nintendo is a co-owner of Fatal Frame/Project Zero since 4, so maybe they can't. It's also why 4 didn't even come out in North America and PAL territories, why the HD remake of 2 was not released in North America, and why PAL only saw a limited physical release of 5 and North America only saw a download-only release of 5. I really hate what Nintendo has done to the series, but I'll save that for another time.

BTW, for those of you that think the costume prices are ridiculous (I agree they are even though I buy them all), J-List just put the life-size Honoka and Marie Rose oppai mousepads up for preorder for $310 US each.

Last edited:

HHH816

i restrain from buying all their season pass 4 costume until they show something new on DOA Festival

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

There is no issue. Lol.

People only don't want to believe the reality that the stage will be a paid content. Lol

Why are you so sure that it will be paid? Outside the pass content announcement (which may be inaccurate or was misinterpreted), they never showed any sign of charging for a new stage.

Like I said before; why would they start charging now?

Chapstick

There's still no word on the stage? At this point I imagine it's one of two situations

Situation A

TN: With how willing these people are to buy outfits... why not charge for a stage after giving five away free? Let's try it

TN: New stage included in season pass 4!

Fans: ...what the fuck it's paid?

TN:
giphy.gif

Situation B

TN: Hey let's do another stage to celebrate all the core fighters downloads! And the 20 year anniversary is coming up so why not do something special aside from all those lousy bundle deals we keep crapping out?

TN: There that'll let people know there's a stage in the works. They've all been free so far so people will probably understand this is too.

TN: Oops, no, that's not what we meant! But... then again... even if we make it paid and only one person buys it... that's more money than we would have gotten if it was completely free. Let's think about this before officially responding

Or there's hidden Situation C where TN is just really awful at responding to people

P2p1mbs

There's still no word on the stage? At this point I imagine it's one of two situations

Situation A

TN: With how willing these people are to buy outfits... why not charge for a stage after giving five away free? Let's try it

TN:
giphy.gif

Situation B

TN: Hey let's do another stage to celebrate all the core fighters downloads! And the 20 year anniversary is coming up so why not do something special aside from all those lousy bundle deals we keep crapping out?

TN: There that'll let people know there's a stage in the works. They've all been free so far so people will probably understand this is too.

TN: Oops, no, that's not what we meant! But... then again... even if we make it paid and only one person buys it... that's more money than we would have gotten if it was completely free. Let's think about this before officially responding

Or there's hidden Situation C where TN is just really awful at responding to people

I hope its B but its most likely C

mizking

Situation D will nothing but Marie and Honoka themed extras, such as
Posters

Pencil cases

Strangely shaped pillows

Mugs

Themed credit cards (remember the DOAX2 ones)

Zippo cigarette lighters (also returning from DOAX2)

School bags

Plush toys

Stickers

Bumper stickers

Some weird flash game about cows and salad (winners will get free codes to unlock them both on core fighters)

A bizarre kids cartoon featuring the two every Saturday morning

That list could go on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD