Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

Stages no, I don't see a reason to charge since all the other ones were free. I'd rather pay for additional hairstyles or new modes over that.

I'm still hoping for hairstyle packs as well. Ifcstages arengoingnto become a regular occurrence then maybe their finally looking towards other types of dlc besides just outfits.

I'd like to just know for a fact from TN if it costs money or not the new stage and then we can either put it behind us or be prepared for how much it will cost.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
If it does cost money, the most I would expect is 5.99, about the same as a new character. But then again, how could they charge? What if a player owns the stage and both you, and him/her play a lobby match and they choose the stage even though you don't own it? That would essentially just cheat TN out of their money since you are still getting access to play in the stage.

AsheMann21

If it does cost money, the most I would expect is 5.99, about the same as a new character. But then again, how could they charge? What if a player owns the stage and both you, and him/her play a lobby match and they choose the stage even though you don't own it? That would essentially just cheat TN out of their money since you are still getting access to play in the stage.
They'll just lock out the stage a la Core Fighters I suppose.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Well, the stage would be installed to your system with the newest update anyway, you just wouldn't have it unlocked, exactly like with a character. I for example don't have Naotora (and I don't plan on buying her) but I can still fight against her online.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
They'll just lock out the stage a la Core Fighters I suppose.
Well, the stage would be installed to your system with the newest update anyway, you just wouldn't have it unlocked, exactly like with a character. I for example don't have Naotora (and I don't plan on buying her) but I can still fight against her online.
Oh, so if the stage is indeed priced, I wouldn't have to buy it. I'll just do lobbies and ask the other players to choose the stage for me. Great way to save money. :p

Jadeinchains

Maybe it will have something great like stairs?! People have been asking for that for a while now and it would be worth paying for it IMO. I'd actually alsoi love that stage with the cars driving around in it that could hit and run the fighters! That was probably my favourite stage from DOA 4.

KwonJigglypuff

Stairs.. Yeahh!

Maybe Great Opera will be back.

You start from the balcony (Cliffhanger), you'd have giant red stairs (Stair Throws), big chandeliers (Danger Zones), fire and beams falling from the ceiling (objects) and with it : Helena's opera dress.

Argentus

On that note I hope they get rid of cliffhangers entirely and just bring back stage throws lol.

But the only way I would pay for a stage is if its a full stage PACK. All stages from 2U, 3, and 4 returning.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm really surprised they haven't done a Crash Club 2.0, especially with the new light/particle effects, with many colors and flashes. It would look nice.

I wouldn't mind some remixes of those DOA5 themes people aren't so found of. Add some beats to Graceful Sounds... etc.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Is anyone seriously gonna ask them at this rate?

I just did. Hopefully I get a response.

Personally, the idea of paying for a new stage doesn't bother me by itself. However what does bother me is the fact that, since you have to pay for it, not everyone will have it, meaning that it'll only ever be included in the random filter if all present players also have it.

This isn't a problem if the stage is provided to everyone for free via a mandatory patch, as all others have been up to this point, and so it's for that reason that I don't want the new stage to be premium content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD