Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
Your party is lame!!!! lol
On the contrary, if I was put on the helm of the DOA5U development team, I'm pretty sure almost everyone would be overwhelmingly happy, casual and competitive alike (unless all they wanted was a bunch of stupid hairstyles that make no sense with the character in the first place). At least in the West. No idea what the Japanese want.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Whoever asked me what my thoughts on DOA5U balance were, look up and tell me that looks balanced. Nerfs everywhere when buffs are needed.

I'm actually surprised they made these changes, but I really doubt she's that different. Maybe now people will actually think when playing as Kasumi and not just mash jab or constantly press buttons hoping to win. They did the same with Mila except that people refused to mature and start thinking about what they do.

D

Deleted member 473

. Maybe now people will actually think when playing as Kasumi and not just mash jab or constantly press buttons hoping to win.

I swear they do online. lmao This is why I called Kasumi a beginning scrub character. You can mash out of random and win sometimes.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I swear they do online. lmao This is why I called Kasumi a beginning scrub character. You can mash out of random and win sometimes.
All you really have to do even online is block out her strings & punish. Especially if they're idiots who just happen to just mash buttons instead of actually knowing how to play her. A Kasumi player has to delay/free cancel in order for her to be safe.

Marteze

I have a question: I thought your opponent couldn't counter hold during a sit down stun? Does it depend on certain characters, like what is the deal?

Leifang2000

Why is it only +31 if you do not touch the joystic afterwards? Is there going to be a penalty, or a reduction in advantage if you do touch the joystic? This is proving to be a lot more interesting than I thought.

I think he meant the opponent not shaking out of a stuns etc.

Argentus

I have a question: I thought your opponent couldn't counter hold during a sit down stun? Does it depend on certain characters, like what is the deal?

Can someone explain to me what a "Sit down stun is"? I'm assuming it's a little more than just what it sounds like. Plus I've never seen anyone "sit down" in this game...

TRI Mike

Sit-down stuns are a type that leaves the opponent in a short animation that looks like he/she is sitting on the floor. You can't hold out of it but it's possible to slow escape to shorten it.

Jaguar360

Can someone explain to me what a "Sit down stun is"? I'm assuming it's a little more than just what it sounds like. Plus I've never seen anyone "sit down" in this game...

It's a move that makes a character kind-of go into a state where they are in a lying-downish position. Like Mila's :3::P::P: or :7::[K]: or Kasumi's :6::6::K:.

EDIT: TRI Mike explains better.

Argentus

Sit-down stuns are a type that leaves the opponent in a short animation that looks like he/she is sitting on the floor. You can't hold out of it but it's possible to slow escape to shorten it.

And "Slow escape" is the standard "Mash to break out of stun", isn't it? Someone told me it was, just checking.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
And "Slow escape" is the standard "Mash to break out of stun", isn't it? Someone told me it was, just checking.
Slow Escape is slightly different than mashing buttons to get out of stuns. In DOA hold Guard and mash directions to reduce the time you are in stun.

Argentus

ugh....something else I really wish they'd fix in Ultimate: The ability to ban certain characters, like in 3rd strike online.

And to the inevitable trolls/flamers, no, its not because I can't beat certain characters, its because I'm sick of facing nothing but freakin ninjas.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
ugh....something else I really wish they'd fix in Ultimate: The ability to ban certain characters, like in 3rd strike online.

And to the inevitable trolls/flamers, no, its not because I can't beat certain characters, its because I'm sick of facing nothing but freakin ninjas.
I'm not trolling you or flaming you, but... perhaps you could expand your horizons and play people who specifically play non-ninja characters here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD