Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, its the lighting thats changing his complextion. It happens to all the characters.

Leifang2000

This entry translated. Correct me if I am wrong, hope it is more readable than Omegan's post, or using an online translator :
Original Japanese blogger post URL:
http://doa.gg-blog.com/Entry/707/

Kasumi
1. Damage is decreased
2. Mid distance strong attack and damage are not proportional.
3. Fixed to become close combat type. Still weaken critical has not been made stronger.
4. 33T happens in 12F,won't move forward, effective distance decreased, damage decreased to 65
5. As HP is now increased, other than 33T, all throw damage are increased. 7F throw 6T increased damage from 42 to 50,10F throw 4T from 48 to 56 etc. But 236T startup (236T >KK7K6P+K >PPKK)damage is decreased from 75 to 71.

6. PPPPP on block change from -7F to -8F. But if hit, it is 31F (not moving the joystick), critical.
7. 66KK(input beforehand) while on block is -17F
8. 66KK(input beforehand) for normal hit, can lead to sitting stunt. Critical is 11F?~20F,CB not sure.
9. 66KK(input beforehand) Critical Finish can do followup,can make your foes down again
10. 66KK(input beforehand) can also create floor bounds, since it is not a sitting stunt, cannot follow up with CB.

11. 66KK(input beforehand) floor bounds can do a follow-up of 33P >2P > Using 4PKK etc.
12. 3KK is back (LF2K: the move that make your opponent fly far away, what is the terminology for it in English? Someone please tell me.)
13. 3K is -8F on block, when hit is 4F, not critical
14. H+K when counter hit can create back turn critical. Normal position 6K can put your opponent in the air.
15. 66P when hit back of foe become front critical.

16. 3PKK same as last version, from 3P to 4KK, because 4KK is slow, sometimes P will over-ride it.
17. 4H+K when counter hit will have a little floor bounds.
18. 236P when hit in the air can launch your opponent a little bit more.
19. While doing 44P, Kasumi can move a bit sideway, has evasive property, no SS, no follow, but she only move a little bit, often gets hit by that.
20. 7P back flip can only do twice in a roll.

21. 9PK when hit will have floor bounds, while in the air, can follow-up with 9PK6P+K KK etc.
22. PP6P2k property changed to down
23. 3H Hold timing is more strict. If foe is behind wall, when hold is successful, Kasumi can go to back side of foe.
24. While facing wall, when 3P+KT is successful, Kasumi voice is changed from "hai! hai!" to "hai! dou!"
25. Taunt increase to 4, 3 new extra taunt.
26. Air combo PP6P6KK, after PP6P6K can wake up.
27. Guarantee Combo decreased. 6PK2K also decrease damage.
28. After 46T, Kasumi is in advantage, however not sure if the next hit connect. Wait a bit can do 46T again.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I don't think you have any right to complain about balance when you don't know how other characters (or even the system mechanics) are changed.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Some of you new guys or fans don't really understand a few things about nerfs or buffs, but neither do I "know" exactly where they're going with this game. But you all have to keep in mind that info like this (the Kasumi changes) causes concern & makes you wonder about what could she be like in 5U in terms of winning. LBRH, we're all happy that we have a new game to this franchise. However, that's all some you just see so you all think he's complaining. No matter what, you're happy about the game & will be content with it. We all love the games in general. What grapefruitman is saying that she didn't need to be touched in terms of anything, but left alone & helped the other characters that needed it in the current DOA5 game going into the new 1. But it seems like it's going to be "completely" new

However, Imo I think her overall damage nerf & a few other moves makes sense, not all of them, but some. We won't know how these changes helped or hurt her until the game comes. I just though to throw that out there because I've seen more than 1 person say something out of concern & then folks hark at them.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
12. 3KK is back (LF2K: the move that make your opponent fly far away, what is the terminology for it in English? Someone please tell me.)

knock back i believe

whats the point of having more opportunity to hit via bounds when the damage after all is said and done is probably just going to be the same?

D

Deleted member 473

People are obssessed with Kasumi my god. She overshadows the other characters TOO much...

Omegan Eckhart

Kasumi's 66KK -17 on block? Sounds good.

I never understood why all the best sit down stuns are completely safe whilst all the shit ones that guarantee jack shit are completely unsafe.

Kasumi's 66KK guarantees CB = -3 on block.
Helena's BT 7P guarantees NOTHING = -9 on block.

Makes total sense...

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Some of you new guys or fans don't really understand a few things about nerfs or buffs, but neither do I "know" exactly where they're going with this game. But you all have to keep in mind that info like this (the Kasumi changes) causes concern & makes you wonder about what could she be like in 5U in terms of winning. LBRH, we're all happy that we have a new game to this franchise. However, that's all some you just see so you all think he's complaining. No matter what, you're happy about the game & will be content with it. We all love the games in general. What grapefruitman is saying that she didn't need to be touched in terms of anything, but left alone & helped the other characters that needed it in the current DOA5 game going into the new 1. But it seems like it's going to be "completely" new

However, Imo I think her overall damage nerf & a few other moves makes sense, not all of them, but some. We won't know how these changes helped or hurt her until the game comes. I just though to throw that out there because I've seen more than 1 person say something out of concern & then folks hark at them.
The overall changes were not bad at all. It seem that she got more buffs than any nerfs, and interesting move property changes such as bound, and attacks that leave her to her opponents side with evasion properties. I also found it interesting that she has an attack that cause a hit stun on counter strike as oppposed to it being a critical stun. This is heading in a good direction. More attacks need to have such properties.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
The overall changes were not bad at all. It seem that she got more buffs than any nerfs, and interesting move property changes such as bound, and attacks that leave her to her opponents side with evasion properties. I also found it interesting that she has an attack that cause a hit stun on counter strike as oppposed to it being a critical stun. This is heading in a good direction. More attacks need to have such properties.
I actually think so too. I was referring to the #27. The 1st part where it said "guaranteed damage decreased" unless they were referring to that combo & the PPPPP moving it to -8. Everything else makes perfect sense to me.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
I didnt get it at first, but it is referring to PP6P6KK juggle damage being decreased because it causes a force tech...It must be an auto force tech(as in it being built into the juggle...something new!), or maybe a bound. I just know from how it is written the opponent is forced back up. I find the PPPPP info to be very interesting. Why is it only +31 if you do not touch the joystic afterwards? Is there going to be a penalty, or a reduction in advantage if you do touch the joystic? This is proving to be a lot more interesting than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD