"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

synce

A good Lee player?? Where?? lol Typically the guys I play just turtle away then come in with 66k or dragon kick. Not the most exciting matches. But on topic I haven't seen enough people using Mila's 1h+k. It's good against wakeup kicks too. Abuse the TD options there :D

Yaguar

Have to fully test this but I was having issues on the lower section of Scramble yesterday.

There are a few bits where the floor is slightly off and a good chunk of my TD's were whiffing, even if I was sat right on top of them and used a SS T. The animation seemed to play out but I was stuck on the spot and never actually made it to grabbing them.

Now as best I can tell from this they were not ducking or stepping backwards and were stationary blocking. So I'll take a better look later tonight but could be possible that slightly off floors result in TD whiffing. Noticed something like this before but didn't really take much notice of it till last night when it happened several times.

Just started messing around with Mila in Training. I think I may have found a glitch or maybe not. I don't know if this has been mentioned but using this combo resets the Stun threshold and still allows Mila to continuing her combos.
I used :4::P::P: to start off the combo. But any string that leaves your opponent in stun will do.
Here's the combo:
:4::P::P:,:7::P:,:P+K:,:3::P::P:,:6::P+K:,:3::3::P:,:P::6::P::P:,:P+K:,:2::H+P:,:P::P::P:

This combo altogether does about 188 damage from Neutral. This combo will only work if your opponent does not attempt to hold after :7::P:.

I don't know if this combo was meant to be like this or if it's a glitch, most likely the latter.
:7::P: makes the stun threshold go into critical state (the red highlight) but she doesn't have any moves that follow up with it (ones that will actually hit) because the opponent falls down except for her :P+K:.

However, when you do :P+K: it resets the stun threshold. Instead of doing a ground bounce, it puts your opponent into sit-down as if it was done from neutral. This follow-up does still combo. This then allows Mila to go into :3::P::P: for more sitdowns, though not guaranteed for the critical burst.

As mentioned above, if your opponent attempts to hold after :7::P:, the :P+K: follow-up will ground bounce as it should because of counter hit.
Just thought I'd bring this up.

Jefffcore

Because P+K after 7p just resets the threshold it makes more work, so there's no real point doing it. If it maxed out the threshold like it was supposed to it would be awesome.

It loops like the thing Jann had before the patch, it's a glitch

Well i think im going to start playing Mila as a sub,Ive been looking around these threads for info and ive found some,but not alot in one area you know? Im looking for some Mila vets who have been playing her since day one to kinda show me the ropes and tell me when i should/shouldnt be doing with her. Im the type of player who likes to play with the knowledge of my character and winning with finesse and skill,not luck and mashing.

The main things i need to know are:What are her best strings to throw out? How is her stun game most effectively used? Whats her best launcher options and combo followups out of the launchers? What should my playstyle be with her? (Agressive/Strike happy? Spacing/Punishing? Pokes/Throws?) These are the things that i need to know in order to pick her up and start feeling comfortable with my decision. I dont pick up new characters often other than to test them out,but i really feel like i can use her in this game,and she can compliment my Fang when im tired of using her. Any and all tips are welcomed and appreciated.

-AK

synce

Interesting find with p+k, although people's countering habits probably make that setup useless. It's not unusual for me to see people throw out 2 or even 3 counters in a row (yay takedowns)

shinryu

Just started messing around with Mila in Training. I think I may have found a glitch or maybe not. I don't know if this has been mentioned but using this combo resets the Stun threshold and still allows Mila to continuing her combos.
I used :4::P::P: to start off the combo. But any string that leaves your opponent in stun will do.
Here's the combo:
:4::P::P:,:7::P:,:P+K:,:3::P::P:,:6::P+K:,:3::3::P:,:P::6::P::P:,:P+K:,:2::H+P:,:P::P::P:

This combo altogether does about 188 damage from Neutral. This combo will only work if your opponent does not attempt to hold after :7::P:.

I don't know if this combo was meant to be like this or if it's a glitch, most likely the latter.
:7::P: makes the stun threshold go into critical state (the red highlight) but she doesn't have any moves that follow up with it (ones that will actually hit) because the opponent falls down except for her :P+K:.

However, when you do :P+K: it resets the stun threshold. Instead of doing a ground bounce, it puts your opponent into sit-down as if it was done from neutral. This follow-up does still combo. This then allows Mila to go into :3::P::P: for more sitdowns, though not guaranteed for the critical burst.

As mentioned above, if your opponent attempts to hold after :7::P:, the :P+K: follow-up will ground bounce as it should because of counter hit.
Just thought I'd bring this up.

Interesting. I suspect this will get patched out but it does make a 7p possibly a more effective option from stun. It means you can basically get a mid/low mixup between p+k and takedown cancel into 2p to set up a +11 reset. Theoretically you should be able to go p+k, p+k after 7p and possibly get the 6p p+k to mount juggle, but I don't know if the threshold issue would mean you didn't get enough bounce for that to work. I'll try it out though.

HiguraShiki

A good Lee player?? Where?? lol Typically the guys I play just turtle away then come in with 66k or dragon kick. Not the most exciting matches. But on topic I haven't seen enough people using Mila's 1h+k. It's good against wakeup kicks too. Abuse the TD options there :D
There are decent Jann Lee players. Sadly, they aren't any more fun than the turtle Jann Lee players. Usually they tend to abuse 66T.
Btw, I am curious as to how players feel about Mila Tier wise.

Raansu

I'd put her higher than that. High mid/low high tier

I'd put her higher if everything she relied on didn't lead into three chances to break out of her throws. She has good tools, but throw breaks are way too easy and her advantage from the ground pound throw break is just a 50/50 that can go either way.

synce

Top tier all the way. The key is momentum and making full use her of many TD options and cancels. Depending on the character and player I'll sometimes let people break the last hit of the mount. You don't have to just use p or 2p afterwards, if they like to block or counter you can take them right back down and repeat the whole process (people love it trust me) :cool:

Yaguar

You don't have to just use p or 2p afterwards, if they like to block or counter you can take them right back down and repeat the whole process (people love it trust me) :cool:

They love it even more when after 2 grabs you SS T their hit =D

Jefffcore

Top tier all the way. The key is momentum and making full use her of many TD options and cancels. Depending on the character and player I'll sometimes let people break the last hit of the mount. You don't have to just use p or 2p afterwards, if they like to block or counter you can take them right back down and repeat the whole process (people love it trust me) :cool:
It doesn't matter if you start tackling, it's still a 50/50.

You don't want to condition someone to crouch from 2p then throw an OH at them, or vice versa. That means you should be switching from Mid attack to OH which is just another 50/50; granted it's a lot safer.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD