Will there be individual endings/new Story mode in DOA5 Ultimate?

Edmund

As above.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Just wondering if there will be individual character endings in DOA 5 Ultimate? And also will there be a new Story mode?

Edmund

no. story mode has not changed.

I'm actually looking forward to individual character endings. Do you know if there's gonna be individual character endings? Game's about 6 weeks away. Hopefully we get some news on that! =)

Keved

I'm actually looking forward to individual character endings. Do you know if there's gonna be individual character endings? Game's about 6 weeks away. Hopefully we get some news on that! =)
As much as i would love to see individual character endings return as well, nothing has been announced & it remains highly unlikely that they will give us individual character endings like the CG ones in DOA3 & DOA4 seeing as though they already have the massive story mode in DOA5 already. They will most likely just expand on that by adding story interludes for the new characters.

I miss some of those witty endings though. :(

UpSideDownGRUNT

They will most likely just expand on that by adding story interludes for the new characters.

They haven't even done that DoA5U's story mode is just Vanilla 5's story mode there's no change to it what so ever.

the new characters are just for offline/online play they're not for story purposes maybe DoA6

David Gregg

Nope which sucks because the concept of having (almost) every character fit into 1 story mode turned out to be a complete sh*t show that made zero sense. If I play as say Jann in story mode I want to see an individualized ending for him not move on to the next chapter.

Number 13

Brad Wong had the best ending.

Kind of miss these random character endings, but TN decided to go the MK9/Injustice story route and tried to incorporate most of the characters into one giant storyline. Too bad it was mainly focused around the ninjas plot wise and the rest of the characters were just fodder.

Rapham0n

Mortal Kombat 2011 story mode > DOA5 story mode in every way imaginable. Team Ninja should rather leave story modes to the people who actually know what they are doing. Was MK's story cheesy? Sure. But it was still the best damn story mode in any fighting game ever.

At least tell me they are adding a CG intro to DOA5U. Booting up the DOA5 disc and having nothing but the DOA5 logo show up makes the game feel so... low budget/cheap. :(

Also if they announce a Ultra DOA5 after this then I will go out and shoot somebody. This crap needs to stop. TN should save any leftover ideas they have for DOA6. Which should not be released for at least another 2 years.

Seppu

helena's doa 4 ending made me cry every time. her "sayonara" really got to me.

and don't even get me started on doa 2 ultimate's intro... :(

DR2K

Mortal Kombat 2011 story mode > DOA5 story mode in every way imaginable. Team Ninja should rather leave story modes to the people who actually know what they are doing. Was MK's story cheesy? Sure. But it was still the best damn story mode in any fighting game ever.

At least tell me they are adding a CG intro to DOA5U. Booting up the DOA5 disc and having nothing but the DOA5 logo show up makes the game feel so... low budget/cheap. :(

Also if they announce a Ultra DOA5 after this then I will go out and shoot somebody. This crap needs to stop. TN should save any leftover ideas they have for DOA6. Which should not be released for at least another 2 years.

The best worthless mode in a fighter. Single player content is important, but story mode isn't good in any fighter.

Reactions: d3v

DR2K

You know, I actually kind of liked SC3's story mode and all the extra crap that came with it.

Competitively the game was terrible, but the amount of fanjunk was amazing.

I like the kind of single player where you're playing and learning, like the mission mode from SC2 personally.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
SC3 story mode taught me never to trust a Miser.

Bitch robbed me more times than I can count.

Oh, it also taught me to get the fuck out of the way of falling statues and that crouching is the best way to deal with Rthymnatic earthquakes.

Brute

Standard Donor
"Story mode" in a fighting game should really only serve a few purposes:

1) Letting you get down the basic fundamentals of the game
2) Make the characters you want to play as seem cool and appealing
3) Be hilarious

The more of that junk you have sandwiched in there, the better it'll be.

Number 13

"Story mode" in a fighting game should really only serve a few purposes:

1) Letting you get down the basic fundamentals of the game
2) Make the characters you want to play as seem cool and appealing
3) Be hilarious

The more of that junk you have sandwiched in there, the better it'll be.
Isn't that what the DoA 5 story mode was essentially?

1. I'm pretty sure they at least attempted this during the story mode with the challenges.

2. The "cool and appealing" factor may vary between character to character. Although some characters were not playable at all in the story mode.

3) There were a few scenes here and there that gave me a laugh. Notably the Hayabusa/Zack exchange and Brad Wong/Eliot shenanigans.

Brute

Standard Donor

1. I'm pretty sure they at least attempted this during the story mode with the challenges.

2. The "cool and appealing" factor may vary between character to character. Although some characters were not playable at all in the story mode.

3) There were a few scenes here and there that gave me a laugh. Notably the Hayabusa/Zack exchange and Brad Wong/Eliot shenanigans.
1. Yeah, they tried. I never felt like I was playing the game, though, because I was focused on only one gimmick every match. Plus, they never teach you abut essential things like slow escaping and frame advantage.

2. A few seemed cooler after DOA5's story mode (Tina, for example). Most felt a lot lamer than they were in previous games (Ryu, Ayane, Helena, Lei fang, etc.).

3. Like 2. Ryu's, for example, were not cool but not funny either. Examples: Cool Ryu acts like a boss (DOA2). Silly Ryu turns into a log (DOAD). Boring Ryu acts like an ass clown and trolls his ninja buddies for no reason (DOA5).

Rapham0n

1. Attempted nothing. Whoever wrote the so called training stuff for the story mode was either high or drunk or both while writing it. The stuff in the story mode is a confusing mess. They tell you to do something but they don't give any indication at all as to HOW you are supposed to do it. They also totally screwed up some sections. For example they try to teach you to hold a mid kick but then the enemy AI in that tutorial is programmed to use punches 99% of the time. WTF is up with that??? After playing the story mode I was more confused than ever about how the mechanics of DOA5 work. Only after I watched those videos that emperorcow posted up on youtube did I understand how to do stuff in DOA5. The story mode training in DOA5 is epic fail. To my knowledge emperorcow is not a game designer and he was able to make a better tutorial for DOA5 than the entire TEAM NINJA combined. TN should be ashamed of themselves. MK has a better tutorial than DOA5. TTT2 has a WAY better tutorial than DOA5. Let's hope we get at least some decent attempt at a tutorial for DOA5U. Or else emperorcow will just have to do TN's job for them once again.

2. Agreed. Also seeing as not everyone was playable in story mode makes me believe they did not have enough time to put everything in. Why they didn't delay DOA5 for another 6 months before release in order to complete everything is beyond me.

3. Also agree. Plus Bayman saying that Zack creeps him out was epic. :)

Rawbietussin

Wish there were individual endings for all characters (VF characters included). I mean Tekken's still doing it.

I never really liked the whole compiled story mode. I want to choose the character I like in a costume I want them in, not what the story mode chooses for me.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The only thing I'm going to drop in say here because it's gotten a little off topic is that there is a new tutorial in Ultimate. It was in DoA5+ and it's very solid and does teach things like slow escaping. It's also VERY long and the missions were removed from Story mode altogether.

The Story mode is now just focused on playing the matches and watching the cutscenes, which I can appreciate. I don't think they'll tweak it at all from what it is in 5+.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD