Who are the best Kokoro players, and are there any videos of them?

Reikou

I'm now coming back to playing some DOA5 due to the release of Dead or Alive 5+,and am currently maining Kokoro once again.

I'm a player who learns a lot from watching others, and have been trying to search for gameplay videos of good Kokoro players with little luck. I guess it doesn't help that I don't know what I'm really searching for (the names of good Kokoro players.)

As such, I would very much appreciate if people can help me name some of the best Kokoro players in the world, as well as perhaps linking some videos of their games if they have been uploaded.

Thank you very much.

NightAntilli

People consider me a good Kokoro player in general. There aren't many DOA 5 videos of me though. Only one, and I lost in that one due to retarded mistakes.

Reikou

I've watched all of them, but only some of the videos were of what I was looking for.

Specifically, I'm looking for videos of the some of the absolute best Kokoro players in the world, to see how they play. Preferably in a tournament situation against other players of equal or superior skill.

More importantly though, I want to be able to search for these videos myself.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

If you're looking for tourney players, look at Blackberry Chaos. Basically every character plays the same, stun and mixup. They just have different ways of getting the stun.

Reikou

So I searched for Kayane, and only found one video of her being wrecked by Punishere. A bit disappointing.

Blackberry Chaos was more fruitful. Thanks for this. Are there any other outstanding Kokoro players with good footage up that I should know about?

Murakame

So I searched for Kayane, and only found one video of her being wrecked by Punishere. A bit disappointing.

Blackberry Chaos was more fruitful. Thanks for this. Are there any other outstanding Kokoro players with good footage up that I should know about?

If you are looking for tournament players that main her Blackberry Chaos is all I know of at the moment. ElectifiedMann has played her before but Idk if he mains her. ArtemisX is a kokoro player as well. I've only seen vids of his online play though. Check him out and see if you think hes worth your time. If you have any questions about her though and want to be critiqued NightAntilli provides very insightful information.

Reikou

If you are looking for tournament players that main her Blackberry Chaos is all I know of at the moment. ElectifiedMann has played her before but Idk if he mains her. ArtemisX is a kokoro player as well. I've only seen vids of his online play though. Check him out and see if you think hes worth your time. If you have any questions about her though and want to be critiqued NightAntilli provides very insightful information.

Thanks for those names

I'm more looking for really good players to try to mimic if anything. Just to see how they set up their combos and what not. As well as try to see what makes them stand out from the rest.

Reikou

Because I prefer not to have to redesign the wheel every time I want to use it.

Especially when the wheel is tried and true.

Other reasons include starting where I want to end up (becoming a good Kokoro player,) or and in general, learning from other's mistakes, before I come up with "my own style."

Jiraiya-Sama2390

You also have to realize that pretty much everything in the game is based off of a guess, and what works for him may not work for you

Reikou

So you are implying that there is absolutely no factor of skill involved in these games, and that people who win tournaments just got lucky dice rolls.

NightAntilli

Because I prefer not to have to redesign the wheel every time I want to use it.

Especially when the wheel is tried and true.

Other reasons include starting where I want to end up (becoming a good Kokoro player,) or and in general, learning from other's mistakes, before I come up with "my own style."
If it's mistakes you're looking for, don't make the ones I did in this vid xD

Jiraiya-Sama2390

So you are implying that there is absolutely no factor of skill involved in these games, and that people who win tournaments just got lucky dice rolls.

There's a skill factor, in the neutral game, holding moves on reaction, throw punishing, etc., but once you get that stun, it becomes a guessing game for both sides. For example, if I hit you with Kokoro's :6::P: on a CH, because it stuns on CH, you have to guess whether I'm gonna launch you with her :3::3::P+K:, :7::K:, :4::P+K:, extend the stun with :6::K::P: and go for the CB, put you in a sit-down with :8::P::6::P:/:2::3::6::P:, or launch after the :6::K::P:.

On the flipside I also have to guess whether you're gonna try to counter when I try to extend the stun or launch you, and if that's the case, I can bait the hold and throw punish you for it.

NightAntilli

Care to elaborate? I don't exactly see too many HUGE mistakes in that video, but maybe its because I'm still terrible at this game. lol.
Mostly a bunch of whiffs, not doing anything against the dragon gunner, and also not dealing well with the wake-up kicks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD