What would you change about DOA?

d3v

Even then, certain weapons in SC mean that spacing and zoning strats you don't traditionally see in 3D fighters can work in SC (especially with characters with longer weapons or projectiles).

Also, characters getting hit " just because they were drawn with a very puffy coat" is a misrepresentation of hit-boxes since, more often than not, these aren't exactly in line with the character art (aka hit box dissonance).

In any case, differing ranges and amounts of space control simply add a bit more depth to a game.

I would delete parries from the game and provide the characters that have them with whatever tools they need to be balanced again.

It's lame that you can base a whole strategy on a 50% chance parry mixed up with high crushes.

shunwong

I'd only change the netcode and the glitches from DOA5. If they change anything related to game balance they might fuck the game up.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
WTF am I reading?
A post from SilverKhaos based on an assumption that everyone is going to flock to one person's playstyle just because they won a tournament, which isn't true.

Bandwagon mobs tend to screw with reality, so I don't blame him for believing such lies.

OSTCarmine

less stupid stories for the girls of DOA. seriously, im fockin fed up with all the bullshit idiotic stories and personalities of the females in this game. cant team ninja hire some girl and just ask her how she feels instead of all the shit they do now? im of the opinion that the game is over-sexualized... a lot. but watevs... who doesnt like big boobs right? and feminists can go suck their dildos for all i care. im not gonna preach about the degradation of women in gaming based on their looks. i honetly dont care about that. what i DO care about is the sheer unbelievability of the female characters in this game. Take Ayane, my favorite character. EVERY SINGLE THING SHE DOES is motivated by some bitchy rivalry with Kasumi or out of adoration for her half brother who she "secretly" wants to bone. I puy "secretly" like that because its painfully obvious to everyone BUT Hayate that this is the case. or maybe he knows and gets off on it too... idk. The Genra bit was a step up because that was a simple Master-Student relationship based on honour and other such ninja crap. but the rest is just PAINFUL. Considering the dark and twisted events surrounding her birth, and the fact that she was basically Naruto half her life you would think she would have a much more assertive and confident personality, but as soon as Hayate barks an order she melts like a whore - "yes master hayate, sure thing master hayate". im fuckin fed up with this shit!

im gonna rant some more a bit later, this time about Tina and the oh-so-lovable, yet oh-so-white-bread Leifang

Scornwell

The history of drama. Everything outside of the game that caused it to have such a negative outlook by people who play fighting games at large. Give the series another shot, but this time based on mechanics and style, not politics and players.

im gonna rant some more a bit later, this time about Tina and the oh-so-lovable, yet oh-so-white-bread Leifang
Please don't.

OSTCarmine

rant continued!
Tina seems like she should have a good personality right? Daughter of a famous wrestler stepping out of his shadow and becoming a star in her own right. Constantly striving to go bigger and bigger, see the best of life and do it one better. Motivated like a tank, boobs blowing up everything in her path. And yet beyond that, beyond "blonde bombshell" what is Tina really? no really, think about it. What else can you say about her? Tell me, coz i would love to know.
Now Leifang is truly something worth getting mad about. her only motivation is her "rivalry" with jann lee and i can bet you both my nuts he does NOT feel the same way. Lee seems to be one of those way-of-the-dragon types who just like fighting. he takes on any challenge with seriousness. whether you are a grown ass man or a little girl, challenge Lee and you get your ass hammered. Leifang probably misconstrues this as "rivalry". it would be just like her dumbass to do this. You know what would make Leifang interesting? the fact that she IS a taichi prodigy. Seriously, why does TN not explore this? Taichi is not something you pick up in a day, to be a master of ANY fighting art takes years. Why does TN not branch on this aspect of Leifang, instead of focussing on her crush on Lee, which is what we all know it is. She digs him. thats it. the same can be said for most female characters. they just want to be somebody's waifu. its focking stupid imo.

last bit of rant is saved for tomorrow

edit - sorry Scornwell, but i put up with a lot of shit. i wanna vent, even if its stupid lol

Crystic

Some minigames would be nice. Like beach volleyball and jet ski racing. Oh and mud wrestling. Definitely mud wrestling.

Chaos

rant continued!
Tina seems like she should have a good personality right? Daughter of a famous wrestler stepping out of his shadow and becoming a star in her own right. Constantly striving to go bigger and bigger, see the best of life and do it one better. Motivated like a tank, boobs blowing up everything in her path. And yet beyond that, beyond "blonde bombshell" what is Tina really? no really, think about it. What else can you say about her? Tell me, coz i would love to know.
Now Leifang is truly something worth getting mad about. her only motivation is her "rivalry" with jann lee and i can bet you both my nuts he does NOT feel the same way. Lee seems to be one of those way-of-the-dragon types who just like fighting. he takes on any challenge with seriousness. whether you are a grown ass man or a little girl, challenge Lee and you get your ass hammered. Leifang probably misconstrues this as "rivalry". it would be just like her dumbass to do this. You know what would make Leifang interesting? the fact that she IS a taichi prodigy. Seriously, why does TN not explore this? Taichi is not something you pick up in a day, to be a master of ANY fighting art takes years. Why does TN not branch on this aspect of Leifang, instead of focussing on her crush on Lee, which is what we all know it is. She digs him. thats it. the same can be said for most female characters. they just want to be somebody's waifu. its focking stupid imo.

last bit of rant is saved for tomorrow

edit - sorry Scornwell, but i put up with a lot of shit. i wanna vent, even if its stupid lol
LMAO! XD

I would like to see feints added to the gameplay mechanics. Feints are used in every fom of combat sport I've ever seen. One reason is, they're good for gauging the motives of your opponent. As in, if I swing, are they thinking counterattack, block, parry or whatever. I'm not talking about feints in combo-strings. I'm referring to feints from a neutral -- as in my first attack -- situation. Jabs, leg kicks, hay makers, and front kicks -- the strikes that usually initiate offence -- should be cancelable early in their respective animations.

Kritoth

I agree about making the game more realistic, however I'd still allow for a Shaw brothers kung-fu movie feel. The whole plot of the characters could be done in that style as opposed to what it is now. I'd avoid the more artistic Hero style kung-fu (As far as combat goes. Plot would be fine) movie though as that is more stylized. Retain danger zones, CB/CS attacks, throws, and holds.

I'd also add the following Martial arts styles:

1. Eagle Claw rival, ala Snake under Eagle's Shadow. to go against Christie.

2. Krav Maga style rival to go against Bayman

3. Brazilian jiu-jistsu or other style

4. Wing-Chun

I would also 'define' slow escaping. Not as in, telling people what it is -- that would be helpful though -- but, rather, 'this particular execution must take in order to slow escape' type of defining.

daman077c

I've already mentioned how there needs to be a shortening of the amount of hits to get a CB, and to add to it: throws need more recovery on them, or more specifically, ground throws need more recovery time. I just had a Tina player hold less than 10 frames AFTER attempting a ground throw, when I threw a wakeup kick.

In addition, they need to start moving back towards the DOA 4 stun model. By that I mean, too many holds I'm doing, even doing the inputs on time, are getting blown through due to being "too deep into stun" to hold, which is fucking ridiculous. If I input a hold, and I'm not in an unholdable stun or in recovery from a throw or move, then the hold should come out, simple as that. 4's stun system was correct, IMO, and adding unholdable stuns would have been fine with me, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. That and add more recovery to holds. ;)

SilverKhaos

Also, i'd make it so you could counter out of any situation, but to balance it, make it 6 point counters.

DOA5 has more of those "Oh well terrific, I don't get to play because my character is stunlocked and theres nothing I can do about it", which, previously, was a big reason I played DOA, because it had very little of that. Its mainly what people go for, and its sucking the fun out ofit. Because believe it or not, not getting to play isn't very fun.

GLoRToR

Customisability akin to Soul Calibur.
Balance issues regarding stun, and being able to interrupt air juggles with holds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD