What is with the hypocrisy? (Offense/Defense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverKhaos

So many people are all for pure offense and air juggles, but at the same time, UTTERLY AGAINST pure defense and ground game.

The hell?

Now, I don't LIKE rushdown or juggles, they bore me either doing it or having it done to me, but I'm not AGAINST them. I just don't ENJOY them. I favor defense and ground game.

However, most people i've seen send hatemail/rage over the defense and ground game.

First, on people hating on counters. What in the hell is the difference between the opponent losing half their health to counters, vs losing half their health to a juggle? For all intents and purposes, its still losing half the health off one hit. Also, that is the risk for doing rushdown. If you want to counter counters, be more tactical, don't just rush in.

Second. On people hating on ground game, or whatever you wanna call it. (milas tackle, etc). Again, whats the difference beyond, oh, the fact that you can break out of the ground game? Ones on the ground, ones in the air. Thats the only difference.

I see so many people hating and hating on defense (trying to use "turtling" as insult, etc, etc), or complaining that people with ground game "use the same move over and over" or "stop spamming counters", as if that was any different from using the same launcher/combo over and over, or trying to spam pokes/stuns, etc.

People need to understand. Offense does not take more skill than defense, nor is the opposite true. Opposite sides of the same coin. For example, recently got hatemail "Why do you use the same move over and over" referring to Mila's mount tackle, which nearly all of her moves lead into. I responded with "Why do YOU use the same move over and over?", referring to his Jan Lee doing the same BnB stun combos the entire time. What is the difference? One does not take more skill than the other, so that's no excuse.

Too many people want to be able to just rushdown without issue, then complain/rage when they get countered/grabbed because they were just rushing in. Its a balance, not a "flaw". If you wanna do rushdown, fine, but don't rage at the defensive player for doing the polar opposite but EQUAL strategy.

(This is barring my personal opinion that it takes more skill to win with earning each hit, rather than guaranteed damage, but thats not relevant to this topic, i'm pointing it out, to say, yes, i'm aware of the slight hypocrisy of me being the one to say this.)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
What's with the "Block Communications" option toward that hatemail you're getting?

Omegan Eckhart

Do you get lots of hate mail or something? You seem to like making threads about things people bitch at you for, justified or not.

SilverKhaos

Do you get lots of hate mail or something? You seem to like making threads about things people bitch at you for, justified or not.

I just get tired of people complaning about me grabbing and countering them when all they did was spend the entire match trying to set up juggles. Or "Why don't you combo? You need to combo!" Just tired of the hypocrisy.

Must be playing the wrong people then dude, you need to find yourself some like-minded fighters and shack up in a lobby with them to get your training in, there goes the hatemail lol, the beauty of the "block communications" feature has yet to be fully appreciated!

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Why do you even pay attention to people complaints? It's how people are. Instead of accepting how bad they are they rather complain. Just ignore it.

SilverKhaos

Must be playing the wrong people then dude, you need to find yourself some like-minded fighters and shack up in a lobby with them to get your training in, there goes the hatemail lol, the beauty of the "block communications" feature has yet to be fully appreciated!

...i actually forgot you could block communications lol. I'd just been giving them a poor rating and hoping it doesn't match me up with them anymore lol.

Also, i'd love to, but none of my friends play fighters, so thats out the window lol.

Omegan Eckhart

I just get tired of people complaning about me grabbing and countering them when all they did was spend the entire match trying to set up juggles. Or "Why don't you combo? You need to combo!" Just tired of the hypocrisy.
No offence but there are better ways to vent your frustration with retards online than making threads about it. Try putting "Friends Only" [ON] like I do.

It'll save you getting annoyed in the first place.

SilverKhaos

No offence but there are better ways to vent your frustration with retards online than making threads about it. Try putting "Friends Only" [ON] like I do.

It'll save you getting annoyed in the first place.

The problem being, none of my friends play fighters...otherwise I would. if I do, i'll have NOBODY to talk to.

Blah....love fighting games, hate hate HATE the fighting game community, though. For crap like this.

Allan Paris

So, another pointless thread being made in the doa5 forums. I am done, this thread is locked and so will any other venting thread about nothing, about this game. Find a friend to pour your heart out to, don't come here and make a thread adding to the rest of the threads created just like it. Or better yet, go to the general conversatation thread and ask questions there.

When I come across these types of threads in the future in the DOA forums they will be shut down. There are enough of them.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD